Page 1 of 2 12
    06-26-2012, 03:10 PM #1

transferring lifetime question

I bought a sirius sportster r a few years back, it was from an electronic store that was closing, they said it had lifetime subscription. So its been sitting in a box for about a year, broke it out and it still works (after it went through 30 minutes of updating). So i have it hooked up through a car dock in my car right now but in the next few months im looking to buy a new car (kia optima) and want to figure out if there is a way to transfer the subscription to the aftermarket pioneer dvd player ill be installing. i would rather have it on there than have to have another ugly cradle dock in the brand new car.

Any input or info would greatly help.
    Thank you

Head Honcho
    06-26-2012, 03:52 PM #2
    Is the lifetime subscription in your name?

If you have access to the sub, Sirius XM allows 3 transfers at a cost of $75 per transfer. Give them a call.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forums
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-26-2012, 08:09 PM #3
    no it is not in my name. i bought it just from the guy who worked there with the car dock and the sportster thats all. i didnt transfer anything else or anything like that.

i just dont wana call sirius and try to transfer it and end up losing the lifetime on the sportster as well.

Head Honcho
    06-27-2012, 12:42 AM #4
    I know you can definitely transfer a lifetime sub. What I dont know is, if you can transfer a lifetime that you don't own in the SiriusXM system. I guess it's worth a call. Maybe having control of the subscription is enough.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-27-2012, 10:43 AM #5
    yea ill give them a call but before i give the id number or anything i will make sure i get the nod, like i said i dont want them saying something like "oh that was a contract between sirius and whatever company i bought it from, you arent allowed to have that lifetime" then end up turning off the service lol

Head Honcho
    06-27-2012, 04:04 PM #6
    I wouldn't worry about them shutting off the current radio, I have never heard of anything like that happening before.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-27-2012, 09:13 PM #7
    hah yea but theres always a first...im gonna call them first thing in the morning. ill let you guys know how it goes

Head Honcho
    06-28-2012, 01:16 AM #8
    Please do come back and share. Its important that we have this kind of first hand knowledge for everyone else.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-05-2012, 02:54 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Please do come back and share. Its important that we have this kind of first hand knowledge for everyone else.
    Not to thread jack..

Does Sirius XM allow transfers of Sirius Lifetime to any type of portable receiver now? or do you need to buy a Sirius Specific one?

Head Honcho
    07-05-2012, 05:37 PM #10
    Sirius specific. Although, some people have reported successfully changing a Sirius lifetime to an XM lifetime, it isn't a common option they publicly offer.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 2 12