• The Christmas Shoes

0 0%
  • Other (Explain)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    11-07-2017, 10:38 PM #1

Worst Christmas song

On November 1, six SiriusXM channels began playing Christmas music full-time and will continue to do so through.....well, through Christmas Day. Every year, various writers and websites put out a list of the all-time worst Christmas songs. Here are two such lists:

www.dailydot.com/upstream/worst-christmas-songs/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4416509.html

What Christmas songs do Sirius Buzz members loathe? What Christmas songs are we really sick of hearing? For me, it's a tie between Feliz Navidad and Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. As soon as I hear the opening notes of either song, I change the station.

This is a poll. Please vote for your favorite -- or unfavorite -- worst Christmas song. Feel free to discuss.
    Last edited by Rewind; 11-08-2017 at 10:06 PM.

11-07-2017, 11:17 PM #2
    I get tired of hearing "Feliz Navidad" because it's just the same few words over and over and the music doesn't even sound Christmassy. Another really bad song is "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth."

Legend
    11-07-2017, 11:41 PM #3
    I was looking at lists of bad Christmas songs and I found what has to be the all-time worst title. I haven't heard the song -- and I don't want to hear it. It's by the Little Stinkers and it came out in 2007. The title is so disgusting and offensive, I'll have to censor one of the words: I F••••d On Santa's Lap (Now Christmas Is Gonna Stink For Me). Ai-yi-yi!

Legend
    11-22-2017, 09:55 PM #4
    Today's Daily News has an article about the five worst Christmas songs of all time, as selected by the editors of Bay Area News Group. Their choices: Dominick The Donkey by Lou Monte, All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth, Bruce Springsteen's "really bad" rendition of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Santa Baby -- "The lyrics celebrate pure greed" -- and John Denver's Please, Daddy, Don't Get Drunk On Christmas.

This thread has a poll and plenty of room for comments. Where is everyone?

Legend
    11-23-2017, 12:59 AM #5
    "Hey, whaddya say there, Ralphie Boy! You're a sweet kid!" Here is one of the strangest Christmas songs I've ever heard: Santa & The Doodle-Li-Boop by The Honeymooners co-star Art Carney. It reached #24 on the pop chart in 1954.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZrgZv1cG5I

12-01-2017, 11:52 PM #6
    I heard another Christmas song which is really stupid. I don't know who sings it but it's somebody trying to sound like Porky Pig singing "Blue Christmas." I'm sure it's offensive to people who have stuttering problems.

Legend
    12-04-2017, 06:20 PM #7
    Channel 58, Country Christmas, just played Garth Brooks' Belleau Wood, which tells the story of a Christmas truce among French, German and British soldiers during World War I. One German soldier began singing Silent Night and then, one by one, all the soldiers climbed out of the trenches and joined in. Did such a truce really happen? Well, yes -- but not at Belleau Wood. Here are the details:

Was there really a Christmas truce declared in 1914?

http://kezj.com/was-there-really-a-c...d-war-i-video/

12-05-2017, 02:59 AM #8
    I was listening to that channel tonight and heard a Garth Brooks song called "Ugly Christmas Sweater." It was about meeting a beautiful girl in an ugly sweater at an office party. It is a very strange song.

Legend
    12-05-2017, 10:51 PM #9
    Here is a Christmas song that doesn't sound the least bit Christmassy. In 2009, Craig Morgan had a #4 country hit with Bonfire and he also recorded a Christmas version of the song. The Country Christmas channel just played it. Listen at your own risk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMDsB4PNeMI

Legend
    12-13-2017, 07:05 PM #10
    Channel 4, Holiday Traditions, just played Tommy Dorsey's 1935 recording of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Victor 25145) featuring vocalists Cliff Weston and Edyth Wright. Weston spent only a few months with Dorsey's band. He was the vocalist on the 1936 number-one hit Alone, a song from the Marx Brothers' movie A Night At The Opera. Wright sang on 27 of Dorsey's chart hits, 1935-39. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, however, failed to chart. Here 'tis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njr4YWmAQY
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12