Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: DGL and GOLD

  1. #31
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    You DID praise him. Liar.


    He has been wrong on Hyperinflation, 10 year 6% bonds in 2011, Catastrophic market crash in 2011, wrong about bear stock market in early to mid 2000's, wrong about the price that gold will rise and Dow will fall, Wrong about his calls on dollar, and European markets and on and on and on.

    You dont read.

    I have commented repeatedly on Mr. schiff's predictions from 2006, 2007.
    In fact i have posted articles about it.
    What research shows is that he had been predicting those same things for
    the previous 10 years (and he is predicting the same things for the future
    and did for 2010, 2011, 2012). He has been WRONG again and again.
    But of course your unable to acknowledge the truth cause you have too much
    invested in his economic theories.
    I think you well know that i have commented on Mr. Roubini before. Sad.
    As i have said before i follow Mr. Buffett and Mr. Soros for investing advice.
    Mr. Roubini is someone i read from time to time. I have NEVER followed
    any stock market advice of his. Your diversion away from the whole of Mr.
    schiff's stock market and economic advice is quite revealing to anyone of
    honest intention.
    Yes, I said his "predictions" on the housing bubble were unbelievable. They still are, but YOU CANNOT ADMIT IT due to your partisan politics. So sad and pathetic.

    It truly amazes me that you are so rigid. I have noted this his predictions on hyperinflation, the Dow and $12,000 gold have been wrong, but you cannot acknowledge that his calls on the housing bubble were spot on some two years in advance of it happening. People where laughing in his face.

    If there has even been a clearer case of rigid ideology, it is documented right here.

    Like I said last time we had this discussion; this doesn't exist and never happened in your feable mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

    I find your position on this absolutely mind blowing. Why else would I entertain myself like this?
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-16-2012 at 02:49 PM.

  2. #32
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    SiriuslyWrong has developed a convenient case of amnesia as to just how much he has praised Mr.Schiff for other than the ONE prediction he likes.
    Sad.


    Its quite sad that you reach into the distant pass for one prediction he got "right' and AVOID
    the entirety of his economic and stock market predictions. If you were able to be honest about
    this it would be a great cause for celebration.

    "I have always been honest. You just dont read the entirety of the analysis i have presented about Mr. Schiff. You know 2006 was 6 years ago. i demonstrated that his consistently negative view of our economy came into alignment with general economic conditions around 2007 and 2008. I also
    quoted others who have shown that Mr. Schiff has made those same negative predictions since he
    started commenting on economics. In other words he is a serial repeater of doom and gloom news and has made much money off people buying into that very wrong analysis. Today, 5 years from today, and 10 years from now you are going to look INCREASINGLY foollish as you reach to many years past for a thread of evidence that somehow Mr. Schiff or your Austrian school of economics has any credibility.
    A bulletin to everyone: Notice how mr. SiriuslyWrong will NEVER discuss the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon 2013 in terms of alll the mistaken predictions he has made.

    Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011, 10 year Treasury's
    would riser to 6% etc.( you cant make this stuff up) and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

    HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-17-2012 at 12:20 AM.

  3. #33
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011, 10 year 6% Treasury's etc., and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

    HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS."

  4. #34
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    SiriuslyWrong has developed a convenient case of amnesia as to just how much he has praised Mr.Schiff for other than the ONE prediction he likes.
    Sad.


    Its quite sad that you reach into the distant pass for one prediction he got "right' and AVOID
    the entirety of his economic and stock market predictions. If you were able to be honest about
    this it would be a great cause for celebration.

    "I have always been honest. You just dont read the entirety of the analysis i have presented about Mr. Schiff. You know 2006 was 6 years ago. i demonstrated that his consistently negative view of our economy came into alignment with general economic conditions around 2007 and 2008. I also
    quoted others who have shown that Mr. Schiff has made those same negative predictions since he
    started commenting on economics. In other words he is a serial repeater of doom and gloom news and has made much money off people buying into that very wrong analysis. Today, 5 years from today, and 10 years from now you are going to look INCREASINGLY foollish as you reach to many years past for a thread of evidence that somehow Mr. Schiff or your Austrian school of economics has any credibility.
    A bulletin to everyone: Notice how mr. SiriuslyWrong will NEVER discuss the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon 2013 in terms of alll the mistaken predictions he has made.

    Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

    HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY
    IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS."
    Well, I am making money on DGL, for now anyway.

    What is "quite sad" is that you CANNOT and WILL NOT acknowledge the video proof. I can make it really easy for you. Pick one. Oh, the question. How do you judge Schiff's 2006 and 2007 predictions on the housing market?

    - totally inaccurate
    - mostly inaccurate
    - partly accurate
    - mostly accurate
    - accurate
    - very accurate


    I see that you're back to posting the same stuff over and over again. Must be time to take your meds LMFAO.

    By the way, how is the free loader business?

  5. #35
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011, 10 year 6% Treasury's etc., and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

    HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS."
    4th, 5th or 6th time?

  6. #36
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Yes, I said his "predictions" on the housing bubble were unbelievable. They still are, but YOU CANNOT ADMIT IT due to your partisan politics. So sad and pathetic.

    It truly amazes me that you are so rigid. I have noted this his predictions on hyperinflation, the Dow and $12,000 gold have been wrong, but you cannot acknowledge that his calls on the housing bubble were spot on some two years in advance of it happening. People where laughing in his face.

    If there has even been a clearer case of rigid ideology, it is documented right here.

    Like I said last time we had this discussion; this doesn't exist and never happened in your feable mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

    I find your position on this absolutely mind blowing. Why else would I entertain myself like this?
    Gold is on it's way down. Believe it our not, the dollar is strong due to Greece and EU.

  7. #37
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    10 times, 20 times. The truth is the truth.

    If someone says the sky is falling for 19 years out of 20 we dont praise him for the one year he happened to be right, but we critique him for the 19 times he got it WRONG. Get it? Obviously not.

    Mr. Schiff is the master of "crying wolf"


    What you have never admitted is just how large a % of times he has got things WILDLY WRONG. Thats why i will keep posting this until you own up to the FACTS.

    Have no fear, Mr. Schiff thinks will go to at least $5,000 soon and possibly reach $12,000 within the next year and a half. LMFAO. Loony tunes.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-17-2012 at 12:21 AM.

  8. #38
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Remember?

    "In other words, Peter Schiff may be a classic case of a stopped clock: he's been predicting a market decline FOREVER and when the market has declined he's hailed as a genius by his cult fans."

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1068...hiff-right-now

    Now, had you listened to Peter in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 or even 3/4 of 2007, you lost your shirt. Had you placed bets based on Schiff's market calls, you lost everything you wagered.

    The S&P (.INX) went from 1054 in May of 2002 (the date of the interview) to 1561 in Oct. 2007, a 48% gain and the Dow (.DJI) rose 40%.

    Banking stocks, the primary victim of the housing bust, went up (JP Morgan (JPM) 36%, Bank of America (BAC) 41%, Wells Fargo (WFC) 39% , Wachovia (WB) 31% and American Express (AXP) 51%) during that time frame (dividends excluded which would dramatically add to results).

    Bottom line? Had you listened to Mr. Schiff at anytime before Oct. 2007, you lost...big. To those who did, there is little consolation in the praise being heaped on him today.

    Milton Freidman said, "markets can stay dislocated longer than you can stay solvent." For those who bet with Schiff between 2002-2007, they know the statement well.

    Why is it a big deal? After all, Berkshire's (BRK.A) Warren Buffett claims he cannot time the market and often watches share prices decline in investments (like recent investments in Goldman Sachs (GS) and GE) before a rebound. How is this any different?

    For one, Warren's loss is limited to his investment. He buys 1 share of stock "a" at $25. $25 is the most he can lose.

    Now, if we listen to Peter and "short" stock "a" at 25, our loss has no limit. If it goes to $100, we lose $75. In shorting, we are only limited in our upside. If "a" goes to zero, "Schiffers" profit $25.

    Buffett's strategy is an investing one and Schiff's is a trading and timing one.

    Buffett followers can hold their shares, collect their dividend and wait for the rebound. Schiff followers collect no dividend and watched for over 5 years as their bet went wrong. How many stuck around? How many shorted into every market drop or "presumed" top over 5 years, only repeatedly losing money as the market kept rising and Schiff kept pounding his message home?

    Schiff should not be getting the praise he is getting today for being "so right" after saying the same thing and being "so wrong" for the previous 5 years.

  9. #39
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    10 times, 20 times. The truth is the truth.

    If someone says the sky is falling for 19 years out of 20 we dont praise him for the one year he happened to be right, but we critique him for the 19 times he got it WRONG. Get it? Obviously not.

    Mr. Schiff is the master of "crying wolf"


    What you have never admitted is just how large a % of times he has got things WILDLY WRONG. Thats why i will keep posting this until you own up to the FACTS.

    Have no fear, Mr. Schiff thinks will go to at least $5,000 soon and possibly reach $12,000 within the next year and a half. LMFAO. Loony tunes.
    Are you suggesting Schiff is still calling for a housing bubble? Nope, didn't think so.

    I've owned up to the facts. You haven't. You won't. You can't. Speaks VOLUMES about what pathetic individual you truly are. C'mon and circle one.

    It's all above.

  10. #40
    SiriuslyLong is offline
    Guru
    SiriuslyLong's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 3,560
    And by the way, if you don't understand what Schiff is talking about, just watch Greece unfold. Then quite possibly several other European nations.

    You yourself agree that ever increasing national debt is unsustainable, and now we are watching what happens when this fact is not recognized (like what is happening on the left here today).

    One can argue about potential solutions, but not the fact that ever increasing national debt is unsustainable, AND HAS REPROCUSSIONS.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •