Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:10 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Did you sell almost all your gold holdings around this time? If not then you are NOT
    "experiencing the same thing as Mr. Soros." Its not right to make up stories mr.Siriiuslywrong.
    Now, he might have left some gains on the table, but this "marxist" (lol) was clearly more
    Conservative in his investing than you. And with better results.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-his-gold.html

George Soros sells his gold
    George Soros, the hedge fund investor who called gold "the ultimate bubble", has sold almost his entire holding of the precious metal, leading to fears that the price is about to fall.

George Soros sold most of his gold ETF holdings but bought shares in two mining companies Photo: Bloomberg News
    By Richard Evans6:34PM BST 19 May 2011
    The investor, famous for his £10bn bet against the Bank of England in 1992, made his "ultimate bubble" remark in January last year but acted to cut his holding only in the first quarter of this year.
    Holding on has proved hugely profitable – in January 2010 gold was trading at about $1,100 an ounce, whereas the lowest price during the first three months of 2011 was more than $1,300. The highest was about $1,450.
    It is not known exactly when Mr Soros sold his gold, which was held via the Soros Fund Management investment vehicle. Filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the American regulator, showed that he had sold 99pc of his holding in SPDR Gold Trust, an exchange-traded fund (ETF) backed by gold bullion, by the end of March.
    The New York-based fund sold its entire holding in iShares Gold Trust, a similar investment. But Mr Soros bought shares in two mining companies, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold and Goldcorp.
    This may have been a smart move. "As the precious metals rally ends, you'll get transition toward related equities," James Dailey of Pennsylvania-based Team Financial Asset Management, told Bloomberg. "You don't see any speculative appetite for gold stocks yet."

The gold price fell slightly following the announcement that Mr Soros had sold his holdings.
    Not all investors share his view. Paulson & Co, the US hedge fund run by John Paulson, left its holding in the SPDR Gold Trust unchanged, filings to the SEC showed. And Hal Lehr, a commodity trader at Deutsche Bank, was quoted by Bloomberg as saying: "I'm bullish on gold despite its current levels. It could reach $2,000 an ounce in the next eight months."
    While gold ETF holdings fell by 3.3pc in the first quarter of the year, there is evidence that some of the proceeds were used to buy gold bullion directly.
    Gold's bull run has been driven by its traditional status as a trusted store of value in times of economic turbulence. In particular, investors have worried that the policy of "quantitative easing" adopted by many central banks is devaluing paper currencies.
    The metal's enthusiasts point out that, while the authorities can print unlimited amounts of sterling or American dollars, the supply of gold is finite.
    More recently, the sovereign debt crisis in the eurozone has supported the gold price. But investors worried that gold is indeed a bubble may prefer to follow Mr Soros's example and sell. Betting against him can be expensive, as the Bank of England would agree.
    Um, that article is from May 2011.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:13 PM #22

Soros, PIMCO, Paulson, Texas Teacher Retirement Fund Buy Gold in Q1

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/soros-...nd-buy-gold-q1

This is from May 2012 - today in fact.

Now, let's play a little word game. If Soros bought gold in the first quarter 2012, and it decreases the first month in half of the second quarter, does his investment have MORE or LESS value than it did in the first quarter? (circle one).

Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:14 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Still no comments on the accuracy of his predictions on the housing bubble from 2006 and 2007? Wow. You are extreme. I even said "please".

It is sad to know that you remain so closed minded. Clearly you are a blind ideologue.

For the record, Schiff has been wrong on hyperinflation, wrong on the Dow and wrong on $12,000 gold.

Are you still going to "hold the line" and not comment on the accuracy of his predictions of 2006 and 2007?

Are you going to comment on Roubini? Or is he OK because he is a democrat?
    But not to digress.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 01:18 PM #24
    Its quite sad that you reach into the distant pass for one prediction he got "right' and AVOID
    the entirety of his economic and stock market predictions. If you were able to be honest about
    this it would be a great cause for celebration.

"I have always been honest. You just dont read the entirety of the analysis i have presented about Mr. Schiff. You know 2006 was 6 years ago. i demonstrated that his consistently negative view of our economy came into alignment with general economic conditions around 2007 and 2008. I also
    quoted others who have shown that Mr. Schiff has made those same negative predictions since he
    started commenting on economics. In other words he is a serial repeater of doom and gloom news and has made much money off people buying into that very wrong analysis. Today, 5 years from today, and 10 years from now you are going to look INCREASINGLY foollish as you reach to many years past for a thread of evidence that somehow Mr. Schiff or your Austrian school of economics has any credibility.
    A bulletin to everyone: Notice how mr. SiriuslyWrong will NEVER discuss the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon 2013 in terms of alll the mistaken predictions he has made.

Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY
    IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS."

The only true "diversion" is your ignoring the whole of Mr. Schiff's economic and stock predicting
    history. Those who research it find that what i say is true.

You are clearly someone who does a great deal of Projecting. Anyone looking at your method
    would see it.

I have commented repeatedly on Mr. schiff's predictions from 2006, 2007.
    In fact i have posted articles about it.
    What research shows is that he had been predicting those same things for
    the previous 10 years (and he is predicting the same things for the future
    and did for 2010, 2011, 2012). He has been WRONG again and again.
    But of course your unable to acknowledge the truth cause you have too much
    invested in his economic theories.
    I think you well know that i have commented on Mr. Roubini before. Sad.
    As i have said before i follow Mr. Buffett and Mr. Soros for investing advice.
    Mr. Roubini is someone i read from time to time. I have NEVER followed
    any stock market advice of his. Your diversion away from the whole of Mr.
    schiff's stock market and economic advice is quite revealing to anyone of
    honest intention.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 01:21 PM #25
    Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011 (and a # years in the early 2000's in which he
    was wrong), Hyperinflation in 2011, 10 year Bonds at 6% in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT). How can someone praise someone who has
    been wildly wrong for close to 90% of his predictions going back more than 10 years?

HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:30 PM #26
    Its quite sad that you reach into the distant pass for one prediction he got "right and AVOID
    the entirety of his economic and stock market predictions. If you were able to be honest about
    this it would be a great cause for celebration.

"I have always been honest. You just dont read the entirety of the analysis i have presented about Mr. Schiff. You know 2006 was 6 years ago. i demonstrated that his consistently negative view of our economy came into alignment with general economic conditions around 2007 and 2008. I also
    quoted others who have shown that Mr. Schiff has made those same negative predictions since he
    started commenting on economics. In other words he is a serial repeater of doom and gloom news and has made much money off people buying into that very wrong analysis. Today, 5 years from today, and 10 years from now you are going to look INCREASINGLY foollish as you reach to many years past for a thread of evidence that somehow Mr. Schiff or your Austrian school of economics has any credibility.
    A bulletin to everyone: Notice how mr. SiriuslyWrong will NEVER discuss the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon 2013 in terms of alll the mistaken predictions he has made.

Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY
    IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS."

The only true "diversion" is your ignoring the whole of Mr. Schiff's economic and stock predicting
    history. Those who research it find that what i say is true.

You are clearly someone who does a great deal of Projecting. Anyone looking at your method
    would see it. You divert every time you fail to acknowledge the totality of the wrong predictions
    Mr. schiff has made over many years. Thats why you ignore them and make believe they simply
    dont exist.

honest intention.
    Would you show me these comments?

So are you saying that Schiff is still calling for the housing bubble to burst?

It's OK Lloydie.. I know you will not recognize Schiff predictions on the housing bubble however compelling the proof is. He's a republican. I understand your politics, but candidly, it speaks volumes to your rigid ideology. The truth is that you can avoid acknowledging Schiff's accuracy, but it will NEVER GO AWAY. It is memorialized as is your highly partisan nature.

I will leave you with this.

"Yes, Lloydie, Schiff has been wrong on hyperinflation. Thanks for the obvious, and it doesn't "pain me" the least bit. As I have said numerous times (to no avail) I don't hang my hat on everything he says. I can take the hyberbole and separate it from the interesting stuff. Recall the discussion where you finally recognized that ever increasing debt in unsustainable? Remember how you avoided the basis for Schiff's so called "predictions"? Remember how you actually agree with Schiff that ever increasing debt is unsustainable because that is the basis of his predictions? Remember how you then sulked off saying "goodbye" like a little sissy boy because you were upset that you actually agreed with Schiff (a republican) that there could be ramifications for ever increasing debt?"

Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:32 PM #27
    Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011 (and a # years in the early 2000's in which he
    was wrong), Hyperinflation in 2011, 10 year Bonds at 6% in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT). How can someone praise someone who has
    been wildly wrong for close to 90% of his predictions going back more than 10 years?

HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS.
    I'm not praising him, but simply asking you to acknowledge the accuracy of his comments on the housing bubble. YOU WON"T DO IT! LMFAO

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:35 PM #28

Actually Lloyd, Austrian Economics and Post Keynesian Economics are BOTH considered heterodox economics which means they are both "extreme".

I don't get any newsletters. I would agree that he is trying to sell something.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 01:35 PM #29
    You DID praise him. Liar.

He has been wrong on Hyperinflation, 10 year 6% bonds in 2011, Catastrophic market crash in 2011, wrong about bear stock market in early to mid 2000's, wrong about the price that gold will rise and Dow will fall, Wrong about his calls on dollar, and European markets and on and on and on.

You dont read.

honest intention.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 01:42 PM #30
    i will post this again and again until you acknowledge just how wrong ha has been in his career of
    economic and stock market predicitions.

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...