Page 2 of 9 1234 ...
    Guru
    05-16-2012, 12:11 PM #11
    "Wrong on WAY more than hyperinflation. Thats the point. No matter how hard you try you somehow cant be completely honest about our discussions about his past predictions.

Ah, just like clock work, the insults come when your economic theories and theorists look fallible.
    Just answer basic questions instead of acting so petulant. It demeans you.

You said you should have sold DGL at 25% profit. I was simply saying that DGL is down 20% from its hight so in actuality you should have sold at 33.87% profit. That is if you really are up 13.87% as of now. I can figure out any math you want. The silly insults are beneath you.
    I understand your frustrated with you investing choices at this point of time

I dont know what % of your investments you have in gold and or gold related stocks. You only seem to talk about DGL and gold stocks (other than siri) so I assume its quite high, If so i suggest you re-allocate."

I am completely honest about his so called "predictions". If you want to talk about honesty, I'd love to hear your comments on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw.

I've posted this probably 20 times and never, not once have you commented. How disengenuine is that? So while we on the topic of honestly, honestly tell my about the accuracy of the comments Schiff makes in 2006 and 2007 in the video above.

As far as DGL goes, I bought at $47.25 and it is currently trading at $53.41 for a 13.05% gain.

"Frustrated" with my investment choices? Really? And how would you know such a thing? Let's be honest? Shall we?
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-16-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 12:17 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    So in other words. Soros bought low and sold high. Now he is buying low again. Sounds like you should have followed his path.
    How is that a "marxist" like him is so steady and solid in his investing? lol

You still havent answered what % of gold and gold stocks your portfolio is made up of? You still havent answered what price you bought gold at and DGL at (you really should know that later price by heart in my opinion) What % of his portfolio is made up of gold? It would be interesting to find out. My quess is that its way less than you. My quess is that its below 5%.
    Not quite Lloydie. Soros is experiencing the same thing I am.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 12:19 PM #13
    I believe you have that wrong. mr. Soros sold almost all his gold at a "high" price
    (higher than he bought it) and is now buying back low. I will check on that.
    Are you buying more gold and or gold related stocks at this price?

Ive commented many times about the one time Mr. Schiff was right after pointing out that he had been predicting that same thing for the prior 10 or more years and still predicting the same thing for the future. I have demonstrated how he is rarely correct and only occassionally right.
    Its simply a fact that the overwhelming % of his predictions are wildly wrong. Im sorry that you cant bring yourself to acknowledge it. He predicted hyperinflation, crashing dollar, devastating stock market crash, etc for 2011 and 2012.
    A truly consistent doom and gloomer.
    It does sell newsletters though and get the gullible investor to follow along.

I quote this again and again because its a simple way to demonstrate that he is truly a charlatan.

"Mr. Schiff predicted that either gold will rise to $12,000 or the Dow will sink to 1.400 in the next 2 years (now down to 1 and a half years).
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-16-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 12:19 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    I am completely honest about his so called "predictions". If you want to talk about honesty, I'd love to hear your comments on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw.

I've posted this probably 20 times and never, not once have you commented. How disengenuine is that? So while we on the topic of honestly, honestly tell my about the accuracy of the comments Schiff makes in 2006 and 2007 in the video above.

As far as DGL goes, I bought at $47.25 and it is currently trading at $53.41 for a 13.05% gain.

"Frustrated" with my investment choices? Really? And how would you know such a thing? Let's be honest? Shall we?
    Will Lloyd be honest? Drum roll please (because you may die holding your breath).

Legend
    05-16-2012, 12:22 PM #15
    Ok. so you bought DGL at 47.25. What did you buy gold at ( I've asked you a number of times)?

What % of your portfolio is in gold and gold related stocks? Ive asked you quite a few times as well.

If i was smart i would ask you for proof. As we know you are not too forthcoming as to all of Mr. Schiff's wacky predictions.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-16-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 12:23 PM #16
    Ive commented many times about the one time Mr. Schiff was right after pointing out that he had been predicting that same thing for the prior 10 or more years and still predicting the same thing for the future. I have demonstrated how he is rarely correct and only occassionally right.
    Its simply a fact that the overwhelming % of his predictions are wildly wrong. Im sorry that you cant bring yourself to acknowledge it. He predicted hyperinflation, crashing dollar, devastating stock market crash, etc for 2011 and 2012.
    A truly consistent doom and gloomer.
    It does sell newsletters though and get the gullible investor to follow along.

I quote this again and again because its a simple way to demonstrate that he is truly a charlatan.

"Mr. Schiff predicted that either gold will rise to $12,000 or the Dow will sink to 1.400 in the next 2 years (now down
    to 1 and a half years).
    No comment on his comments from 2006 and 2007? I love your honesty LMFAO.

Lloyd, I have two kids and understand the concept of diversion. Can you honestly comment on the his "predictions" from 2006 and 2007 without diverting?

I know about hyperinflation, the Dow and $12,000 gold. By the way, is Roubini a charlatan?

No diversion Lloyd.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 12:25 PM #17
    Ok. so you bought DGL at 47.25. What did you buy gold at ( I've asked you a number of times)?

What % of your portfolio is in gold and gold related stocks? Ive asked you quite a few times as well.

If i was smart i would ask you for proof. As we know you are not too forthcoming as to all of us Mr. Schiff's
    predicitons
    I didn't buy gold. I bought DGL, and today it is <5% of my portfolio.

Lloyd, this is becoming a one way street. I await your honest comments on Schiff's comments from 2006 and 2007 specifically on the housing bubble.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 12:36 PM #18
    You didnt buy gold? Ok. I thought you had told me you had bought gold. Maybe cause you kept talking about the price of gold.

It is less than 5%. Great. You never talk about any of your other investments so i assumed....
    I will have to take your word for it. Hmmm. Im defintely suspicious.

I have always been honest. You just dont read the entirety of the analysis i have presented about Mr. Schiff. You know 2006 was 6 years ago. i demonstrated that his consistently negative view of our economy came into alignment with general economic conditions around 2007 and 2008. I also
    quoted others who have shown that Mr. Schiff has made those same negative predictions since he
    started commenting on economics. In other words he is a serial repeater of doom and gloom news and has made much money off people buying into that very wrong analysis. Today, 5 years from today, and 10 years from now you are going to look INCREASINGLY foollish as you reach to many years past for a thread of evidence that somehow Mr. Schiff or your Austrian school of economics has any credibility.
    A bulletin to everyone: Notice how mr. SiriuslyWrong will NEVER discuss the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon 2013 in terms of alll the mistaken predictions he has made.

Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY
    IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS.

The only true "diversion" is your ignoring the whole of Mr. Schiff's economic and stock predicting
    history. Those who research it find that what i say is true.

I rest my case. lol
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Legend
    05-16-2012, 12:47 PM #19
    Did you sell almost all your gold holdings around this time? If not then you are NOT
    "experiencing the same thing as Mr. Soros." Its not right to make up stories mr.Siriiuslywrong.
    Now, he might have left some gains on the table, but this "marxist" (lol) was clearly more
    Conservative in his investing than you. And with better results.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-his-gold.html

George Soros sells his gold
    George Soros, the hedge fund investor who called gold "the ultimate bubble", has sold almost his entire holding of the precious metal, leading to fears that the price is about to fall.

George Soros sold most of his gold ETF holdings but bought shares in two mining companies Photo: Bloomberg News
    By Richard Evans6:34PM BST 19 May 2011170 Comments
    The investor, famous for his £10bn bet against the Bank of England in 1992, made his "ultimate bubble" remark in January last year but acted to cut his holding only in the first quarter of this year.
    Holding on has proved hugely profitable – in January 2010 gold was trading at about $1,100 an ounce, whereas the lowest price during the first three months of 2011 was more than $1,300. The highest was about $1,450.
    It is not known exactly when Mr Soros sold his gold, which was held via the Soros Fund Management investment vehicle. Filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the American regulator, showed that he had sold 99pc of his holding in SPDR Gold Trust, an exchange-traded fund (ETF) backed by gold bullion, by the end of March.
    The New York-based fund sold its entire holding in iShares Gold Trust, a similar investment. But Mr Soros bought shares in two mining companies, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold and Goldcorp.
    This may have been a smart move. "As the precious metals rally ends, you'll get transition toward related equities," James Dailey of Pennsylvania-based Team Financial Asset Management, told Bloomberg. "You don't see any speculative appetite for gold stocks yet."

The gold price fell slightly following the announcement that Mr Soros had sold his holdings.
    Not all investors share his view. Paulson & Co, the US hedge fund run by John Paulson, left its holding in the SPDR Gold Trust unchanged, filings to the SEC showed. And Hal Lehr, a commodity trader at Deutsche Bank, was quoted by Bloomberg as saying: "I'm bullish on gold despite its current levels. It could reach $2,000 an ounce in the next eight months."
    While gold ETF holdings fell by 3.3pc in the first quarter of the year, there is evidence that some of the proceeds were used to buy gold bullion directly.
    Gold's bull run has been driven by its traditional status as a trusted store of value in times of economic turbulence. In particular, investors have worried that the policy of "quantitative easing" adopted by many central banks is devaluing paper currencies.
    The metal's enthusiasts point out that, while the authorities can print unlimited amounts of sterling or American dollars, the supply of gold is finite.
    More recently, the sovereign debt crisis in the eurozone has supported the gold price. But investors worried that gold is indeed a bubble may prefer to follow Mr Soros's example and sell. Betting against him can be expensive, as the Bank of England would agree.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Guru
    05-16-2012, 01:03 PM #20
    You didnt buy gold? Ok. I thought you had told me you had bought gold. Maybe cause you kept talking about the price of gold.

It is less than 5%. Great. You never talk about any of your other investments so i assumed....
    I will have to take your word for it. Hmmm. Im defintely suspicious.

I have always been honest. You just dont read the entirety of the analysis i have presented about Mr. Schiff. You know 2006 was 6 years ago. i demonstrated that his consistently negative view of our economy came into alignment with general economic conditions around 2007 and 2008. I also
    quoted others who have shown that Mr. Schiff has made those same negative predictions since he
    started commenting on economics. In other words he is a serial repeater of doom and gloom news and has made much money off people buying into that very wrong analysis. Today, 5 years from today, and 10 years from now you are going to look INCREASINGLY foollish as you reach to many years past for a thread of evidence that somehow Mr. Schiff or your Austrian school of economics has any credibility.
    A bulletin to everyone: Notice how mr. SiriuslyWrong will NEVER discuss the years 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008,2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon 2013 in terms of alll the mistaken predictions he has made.

Again how can someone praise and hold in high esteem an individual that predicted a CATASTROPHIC stock market crash in 2011, Hyperinflation in 2011 etc. and someone who makes a crazy prediction that GOLD WILL RISE TO $12,000 AND OR THE DOW WILL FALL TO 1,400 IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS (NOW 1 AND A HALF YEARS LEFT).

HE IS CLEARLY ONLY INTERESTED IN SELLING NEWSLETTERS AND PREYING ON THOSE WHO TEND TO LOOK AT OUR ECONOMY
    IN THE MOST EXTREME NEGATIVE TERMS.

The only true "diversion" is your ignoring the whole of Mr. Schiff's economic and stock predicting
    history. Those who research it find that what i say is true.

I rest my case. lol
    Still no comments on the accuracy of his predictions on the housing bubble from 2006 and 2007? Wow. You are extreme. I even said "please".

It is sad to know that you remain so closed minded. Clearly you are a blind ideologue.

For the record, Schiff has been wrong on hyperinflation, wrong on the Dow and wrong on $12,000 gold.

Are you still going to "hold the line" and not comment on the accuracy of his predictions of 2006 and 2007?

Are you going to comment on Roubini? Or is he OK because he is a democrat?

Page 2 of 9 1234 ...