Page 1 of 2 12
    07-10-2011, 04:23 PM #1

Player problem listening online

I was getting logged out when I changed channels and then music would not reload for while. Calls to Sirius did not help. Today I downloaded latest Adobe flash version and that has fixed the problem. Sirius people should have known this would work- but all they said that probelm was known to them and they would fix it.....

Head Honcho
    07-11-2011, 02:32 PM #2
    I'm not sure it was upgrading flash that solved your problem, it was more likely restarting your browser. I am still intermittently running into this issue an my flash is up to date.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-11-2011, 05:59 PM #3
    Alas it did NOT solve the problem- it is back again today. So frustrating to get logged out when I change channels.

07-11-2011, 06:04 PM #4
    Why do I get a "YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER" message flashing for a second when I start to login to player? Is this meaningful?

Head Honcho
    07-11-2011, 06:04 PM #5
    Yeah, it is frustrating. Their internet player is forever buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by tscheel View Post
    Why do I get a "YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER" message flashing for a second when I start to login to player? Is this meaningful?
    No idea. Have you tried using a different browser? I run the player in google chrome now and do my typical daily work in firefox and this has been working well for me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-12-2011, 08:13 AM #6
    Using IE 9. Hate to think browser makes a difference. I have not downloaded Chrome, but will think on it. Sirius customer help said this is a known problem- I think I called about a month ago to complain.

07-12-2011, 03:41 PM #7
    At work, I use IE8 an windows XP, and I dont have this problem. Have Windows 7 at home. Any more thoughts?

Head Honcho
    07-12-2011, 03:57 PM #8
    Like I said, my thought is to run the player in chrome and do all of my surfing in another browser. That is the least buggy way I have experienced and I listen for 6+ hours per day. This way sirius xm doesnt effect what I am doing in the event of a crash.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-12-2011, 07:05 PM #9
    Downloaded Chrome and now the player is even worse-instead of invalid session message, getting unknown server error message after 30 minutes on one channel/

08-16-2011, 09:21 AM #10
    I would love to know if anyone resolves this issue, as it's been occurring for me ever since they debuted their new online player a month or two ago. It's at the point where when I open my browser fresh, sign into the web player, and I click on a channel and the whole player freezes. I then have to wait around 45-60 seconds before it unfreezes, at which point I have to choose another channel to play. Then it switches to that channel and nothing plays. Finally, I switch a 3rd time to another channel and it starts playing. This happens every single time on multiple web browsers and on multiple computers on completely different networks. I gave all of this information to SiriusXM support, but so far they're treating it as an isolated incident. Also, after listening for about 30 minutes or so, the stream just stops working. It's not because I didn't click on the "Are you still listening?" button, as that doesn't come up that quickly. Then I need to select another station again, to which it freezes, and I have to switch two more times before the stream picks up. It's a shame that they've had so many issues with the new online player, as I've been a subscriber for several years and love the service. I even remember calling their tech support when the new player came out because there was no way to pause the live stream, and then a few days later they finally included a Play/Pause button. The thought of canceling has been going through my mind as of late, but after reading all of the horror stories of people continuing to be billed and sent to collections, I'm afraid to. Long story short, I guess I just want to see if anyone has had any success with rectifying the online player issues.

Page 1 of 2 12