Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    05-03-2012, 10:57 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The thought of enabling ads scares me. I think its a bad idea for the brand.

.............What would be awesome is allowing future radios x number of free listening minutes per month........
    yeah, i dont like it for the brand either, I guess Im thinking as a shareholder looking for fast cash. Essentially thats why I think it wouldn't occur until a point where subsciption numbers become more or less either stagnant or so large its irrelevant, thinking in terms of 10 years type time frame I guess.

Funny you should mention minutes, I was also thinking of a way they could sell subscriptions by minutes used, for instance, someone with only a short drive time may opt to only pay for the minutes used. Though that could be a big money loser since we already know that people would certainly love to choose the only 2 cable channels or so they tend to watch. who knows, some more thought on that one required.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    More sales from siriusxm insiders today...ugh.
    This does not sit well with me. Its a cardinal rule not to invest in companies with insider sells, I hope I don't look back soon and say, damn, missed a red flag again. My only hope right now with this is that I think there is a big tax change coming next year that may make sense for the sells but I don't know the details with that tax change. Im not believing things i've read like its part of the deal being struck with liberty, that doesn't make sense.

The only insider sell that is acceptable to me is the ones with some odd shares are sold to pay the taxes on share income or whatnot.

But, knowing the company is growing and all the new deals with used cars, 2.0, higher rates being accepted and in my opinion a still little known service (i know its been around a long time but I think people stlll don't understand what that radio in their car is capable of entertaining) I don't see the sells as rats leaving a sinking ship, that doesn't make sense knowing the potential here. unless of course they see something like royalty rates eating at revenue or such, which, of course, only insiders know, so thats scary.

I have recently met 2 50/60 year olds at work that listen online, and that surprised me because I never suspected these 2 particular people as satrad fans and one of them cant get enough of the political debates on whatever he listens too, and he shares his enthusiasm for it . To me this shows potential of fans creating new fans, similar to viral advertising, which is all the rage.
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-03-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: just finishing some thoughts out...

Guru
    05-04-2012, 07:23 PM #12
    liberty was denied by the FCC, I will search for a link

here it is http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-rejected.html

Head Honcho
    05-04-2012, 09:14 PM #13
    He can have all of my shares for $3.50.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-04-2012, 11:08 PM #14
    I hope i can withstand a retrace to $1.86 and the barrage of negative articles that would ensue, but i sure dont see it in anyway affecting the fundamentals of the company which mattered most after the price increase in january. With that behind us, new deals all over, auto sales and increased guidance it shouldnt be hard to hold. Holding would be harder if the pps took off upward in my opinion.

I hope it doesnt come to a drop that far though, just hope, no backup besides fundamentals. The threat of liberty conversion is hopefully already baked in from the drop last year.

The $2.50 talked about online is way too cheap, over $3 representing a high fcf, nol and growing company deserves the higher pe, imo.

Did you see the mel interview on cramer? If not, youtube it, from march.

Head Honcho
    05-05-2012, 02:47 PM #15
    I wish there was more of a growth story, that would really move the stock.

I am probably naive but, I think Howard Stern has a real opportunity to move the needle on Americas Got Talent. The only problem is, I don't think he has ever been great on TV. I don't know if it's that he tries too hard or what but, I find him much more entertaining in his world of Radio.

I wish they had more crossover talent and more cross promotion from TV to Radio.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    05-07-2012, 01:10 PM #16
    We have had a technical breakdown. I have been watching for it since the apple breakdown.(not related .. just noticed it coming then). Today we are at the 2.11 level and IMO there is good support down to about 1.94ish ... will take a look tonight. if we breach that are then 1.70 could be in the cards. Hard to believe so for now I am guessing this grinding support will hold.

Unfortunately, I am thinking that Liberty probably already has the means to gain control. Operatives probably have already accumulated a lot of the shares needed.

Guru
    05-08-2012, 09:14 PM #17
    Thanks airman, please post anymore thoughts on technicals. I told myself i would sell if it broke 2.09 and i didn't today. I'm hung up on the fact that 300 million shares to malone means an infusion of $600 million into siri stock, removes 300 mill shares from market at 2.15 and cant understand how malone wants pps to fall

But technicals mean alot and 2.09 broke soooo...dont know if 2.07 is the new bottom from the moving trend lines.

I have the top of the previous downward channel as continued support and it hasn't broke.

The speed at which siri breaks up followed by slow retrace perplexes me right now. And volume moves pps up eod. Today avoided a bearish engulfing candle too.

I want to avoid selling at support but also obviously losing money by being ignorant....any help appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-08-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Guru
    05-09-2012, 06:23 PM #18
    glad i held...liberty bought 60m shares of common last two days http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingF...F9%2F2012&pdf=

Head Honcho
    05-10-2012, 12:33 AM #19
    Investing in this stock is a nightmare. I spend more time trying to figure out what is going on with SIRI than I do with my 9 other holdings.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-10-2012, 07:11 AM #20
    totally, I keep my other holdings low enough that if they went south it wouldn't hurt as much and try to keep a large holding, which is now siri, because I only have so many hours in a day!

i wonder if liberty can just gain control, call siri a subsidiary, and not spin off, but rather cancel shares to the treasury? Cancelling debt by buying back other convertible shares when siri uses the nol's, and then the stock price takes off under new valuation...just a thought.

Page 2 of 3 123