Page 1 of 3 123
    Guru
    04-25-2012, 09:39 PM #1

earnings 5-1-12

a little disappointed to check in and not see any recent siri discussion! Did everyone sell or just accepting a long and wait it out position?

anyway, picked myself up 1500 shares at 2.17 after watching it fall, then 1500 more at 2.23 as it was breaking the down trend...then somehow landed 3000 at 2.11 though it was only there for 27 seconds this week.

Got my tickets for earnings next week hope its a good one. Been waiting for this range to break while trading other stocks. Feels like its ready to enter a new range, somewhere between 2.52 and 2.84 according to resistance charts.

Mentor
    04-25-2012, 11:25 PM #2
    Romo

Still holding main shares...round trippin with about 5000 shares pulling profits for play money! I would love to see the new range be 2.52-2.84!!

Hope all is well!

JS

Guru
    04-26-2012, 07:40 AM #3
    All is well thanks! Been round tripping too, we're probably part of the problem

One thing I like about Mel selling his shares is that he announced it early, followed through, but unexpectedly to me, he only sold supposedly 10% of his planned sales. Seems like a few articles have stated that it was kind of a butt covering so he didn't look like he was doing something shady by either dumping them all before the earnings, or waiting until after earnings. As it seems, he still has 90% he's holding through earnings.

I've been working my way back up to the 10k shares I had when I missed that run from $1 something to $2, being delisted around that time had me worried and it got away.

It appears to me that Liberty is just starting at the easiest (de facto) and then working their way up to a more standard acquisition. Since I'm sure Mel and Malone talk all the time it all seems like a show they are putting on for the authorities and the media.

I have been learning a lot about technical analyis and all we need to do is break through 2.35 and I think the buying will pick up. Many technical traders are waiting for this as a signal. Siri has already shown it can do it, the latest run to 2.40's was on high volume. With the cash flow coming in we just need some fundamentals to push it through the barrier, its about time we do, especially if guidance is good.

Guru
    04-27-2012, 08:06 PM #4
    It appears the downward channel has been broken to the upside and confirmed the top of the downtrend as support. Keep an eye on breaking 2.24 as resistance. beyond that Im looking at 2.28, 2.35 to break quick if the earnings come out good with increases in guidance. I have a good feeling we at least test 2.45. If that breaks then i might just stay in a while.

I check support and resistance everyday because things can change on a whim if too much resistance is encountered to go up any more. we'll see, it seems like it is set up to break out to a new level, rsi is turning positive, macd is flattening out, slo already crossed upward. need to get back in the upper bollinger bands and over the sma's

Mentor
    04-28-2012, 12:22 AM #5
    Thanks Romo! I'm playing with about 5k shares! We'll see how this CC plays out!

JS

Guru
    05-02-2012, 06:53 PM #6
    well the earnings looked good, it appears the info will take some time to settle in and the shorts have some buddies with large amounts of shares to flood as evident on how they stopped the run up after the drop from 2.30.

Im going to keep an eye on the charts and hold on for a while until whoever is laundering their shares is done. I wonder how soon the full potential of sat rad 2.0 will take, this talk of free subs with ads could be a game changer for revenue. Imagine all of those new cars if suddenly the sat rad capability turned on free, with ads.

Remember the patent filed way back for sat rads to store ads and know if the user has heard one and how long its been since an ad chimed in?

Head Honcho
    05-03-2012, 01:19 PM #7
    I don't think satrad 2.0 is going to be a game changer for the business. I think it puts them inline with customer expectations and, if anything, MIGHT reduce churn by a tenth of a percent.

Please don't get me wrong, the app is MUCH better and I am glad to have it BUT, it is not so amazing that people are going to flock to the service for it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-03-2012, 03:38 PM #8
    oh, correct. I agree its not that big of a deal as far as rewinding and pausing. I've been doing that for years on the xmp3 and others even longer with some other radios. Though the 5 hour jump back is pretty cool, probably more important to current subscribers though.

In fact, I'd rather listen live anyway when Im driving or on the computer. EXCEPT, now that I think about it, I do love DJ whoo kids show on saturday and catching it from the beginning if I work on saturday is awesome =)

What I'm thinking is the new radios might enable ads, so the revenue to sxm could increase dramatically without signing another sub.

I think they will hold off on ad based radios until a solid, stable sub count is achieved. I doubt many new to satrad people would opt for a subscription if they could get it with some ads, since they wouldn't know what they are missing ad free (XL channels would be blocked in the ad version Im sure)

Head Honcho
    05-03-2012, 04:00 PM #9
    The thought of enabling ads scares me. I think its a bad idea for the brand.

I like the idea of being able to turn on idle radios but, not at the expense of the brand being associated with ads.

I also don't love the idea of limited free 3 day promotions because, frankly, I don't think the majority of people are aware that their radio is suddenly turned on for 3 days. What would be awesome is allowing future radios x number of free listening minutes per month. How great would it be to suck people into a show and have it cut off right in the middle of their favorite song or talk show. That is how you convert non paying users!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-03-2012, 06:17 PM #10
    More sales from siriusxm insiders today...ugh.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 3 123