Page 2 of 4 1234
    Legend
    04-24-2012, 03:32 PM #11
    This is a fact and pretty damning of the Austrian model.

http://www.hyperinflation-us.com/

Peter Schiff is Wrong __ James Turk is Wrong

Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Capital newsletter from April of 2009 stands out as especially revealing. That newsletter clearly demonstrates just how far off the proponents of the Austrian school are on understanding inflation and hyperinflation. The newsletter featured a guest article written a month earlier by James Turk entitled "On the Cusp of Hyperinflation". [James Turk is the author of The Collapse of the Dollar and the founder of goldmoney.com.] In this March 2009 article, James Turk enumerated 6 reasons for his predicting that "hyperinflation of the US dollar is imminent" and also said "[the US dollar] is on the cusp of hyperinflation. I expect this to become increasingly clear within twelve months." Of course this hyperinflation prediction has proven to be wildly off the mark. Average consumer price inflation by any measure has registered in the low to mid single digits in the 2½ years since. Nevertheless, in September of 2010, eighteen months after his 'hyperinflation within a year' prediction, Turk unapologetically published another such prediction, in which he hyperlinked to his original prediction. Though no doubt he is sincere, James Turk is dead wrong. It will be interesting to see for how many more years James Turk and Peter Schiff, et al, will continue to reiterate these runaway inflation predictions that will completely fail to materialize.

Guru
    04-24-2012, 03:35 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    This is a fact and pretty damning of the Austrian model.

Peter Schiff is Wrong __ James Turk is Wrong

Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Capital newsletter from April of 2009 stands out as especially revealing. That newsletter clearly demonstrates just how far off the proponents of the Austrian school are on understanding inflation and hyperinflation. The newsletter featured a guest article written a month earlier by James Turk entitled "On the Cusp of Hyperinflation". [James Turk is the author of The Collapse of the Dollar and the founder of goldmoney.com.] In this March 2009 article, James Turk enumerated 6 reasons for his predicting that "hyperinflation of the US dollar is imminent" and also said "[the US dollar] is on the cusp of hyperinflation. I expect this to become increasingly clear within twelve months." Of course this hyperinflation prediction has proven to be wildly off the mark. Average consumer price inflation by any measure has registered in the low to mid single digits in the 2½ years since. Nevertheless, in September of 2010, eighteen months after his 'hyperinflation within a year' prediction, Turk unapologetically published another such prediction, in which he hyperlinked to his original prediction. Though no doubt he is sincere, James Turk is dead wrong. It will be interesting to see for how many more years James Turk and Peter Schiff, et al, will continue to reiterate these runaway inflation predictions that will completely fail to materialize.
    If history is any indication, once Lloyd starts posting the same thing over and over again, it is a sure sign he's about to implode. Listen Lloyd, I don't care if it is an hour or two early, but go take your meds anyway. I was worried about you last week, and I'm starting to sense that it is about to repeat.

Legend
    04-24-2012, 03:43 PM #13
    No meds. Just facts repeated so people get a little insight into your heros. Sorry.

I dont think you have come to grips with what YOUR pattern of posting means for such an "employed" man. Lmfao

Guru
    04-24-2012, 03:47 PM #14
    No meds. Just facts repeated so people get a little insight into your heros. Sorry.

I dont think you understand what YOUR pattern of posting means for such an "employed" man. Lmfao
    Hero? Look at you grasping. You should have studied drama instead of camera operation lol.

I am gamefully employed. Got a nice bonus and a raise. I'm a 7%'er and it's all earned. I take a little back on that. My parents presented me an opportunity to better myself, and I made the best of it.

Let me clue you in; it's about results...........

Guru
    04-24-2012, 03:48 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Yes Lloydie, Schiff has been wrong on hyperinflation coming to the USA in 2011. Once again, I will try to get you to understand the basis behind the prediction so you can fully understand the context of the "prediction" (if you would want to, that is). As always, when politically convenient, you take your oppostions comments at face value and try to make some disparaging point. That's fine for politics, but ignorant in terms of learning. Given your background, I understand.

Now go back and enlighten yourself on exporting inflation, and the ramifications of ever increasing national debt.

"Everyone" knows that ever increasing national debt is unsustainable. YOU said so yourself, but suddenly shut up when asked "why?".

Is it that you cannot answer?

Is it that you don't want to answer?

Do you want to take back your "belief" that ever increasing debt is unsustainable?

Do you want to say it is now SUSTAINABLE without reprocussion?
    Care to engage on some of these questions?

Legend
    04-24-2012, 03:51 PM #16
    Are you on the clock by the way? Cause if you are, your boss sure is getting cheated. Lol

I dont think you are teaching your kids a very good model of behavoir with your personal insults.
    The surest sign of a low level thinker. Your parents would probably be disappointed if they knew.

You called him "amazing" and spent months and months defending him. Yes i think you greatly admire him.
    and really value his advice. Kind of a cult like worship almost. Lol.

Legend
    04-24-2012, 03:53 PM #17
    As I have alway said i will answer all your questions when you answer just a few of mine.

Until then you will just have to grin and bear this kind of material. Sorry.

Guru
    04-24-2012, 03:58 PM #18
    Are you on the clock by the way? Cause if you are, your boss sure is getting cheated. Lol

I dont think you are teaching your kids a very good model of behavoir with your personal insults.
    The surest sign of a low level thinker. Your parents would probably be disappointed if they knew.

You called him "amazing" and spent months and months defending him. Yes i think you greatly admire him.
    and really value his advice. Kind of a cult like worship almost. Lol.
    No, not on clock, but if I were it would be at a rate of nearly a dollar a minute lol.. Ain't life great? Like I said, it's about results.

But the good news for you is that I will be extremely busy the next two days so you can post a disparaging crap you want about Schiff, republicans, conservatives, Christians, libertarians or anything else that doesn't fit into your little box of liberalism.

Liberalism - Ideas so good they're MANDATORY.

Guru
    04-24-2012, 04:00 PM #19
    As I have alway said i will answer all your questions when you answer just a few of mine.

Until then you will just have to grin and bear this kind of material. Sorry.

BS. You ain't answering anything. You ain't acknowledging anything. What character you have.

Legend
    04-24-2012, 05:32 PM #20
    Always remember that this guy SiriuslyWrong made fun of a guy thinking gold is overvalued but praises as "amazing" a guy who says gold will go to $12,000 within the next 2 years. This is the guy who he takes investment advice from and praises to the hilt. This is the guy who adheres to the same Austrian school of Economics thathasbeen been predicting hyperinflation for the past 4 years at least. This is the same guy i have shown has been wrong overwhelmingly in his predictions for the economy.

INCOMPETENCE IS NOT something to be proud of.

P.S. I make about 2 times what you make per minute. Sorry to have to tell you that.
    You need to spend more time on work and less on this site.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-24-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1234