Page 11 of 11 ... 91011
    Guru
    04-15-2012, 05:40 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    SeriouslyWrong is clearly not able to answer or to defend anything I posted about Mr. Schiff.
    He has not been able to challenge ONE SINGLE FACT I HAVE POSTED HERE. Its obvious why.
    He would prefer to either change the subject or dance around the truth. Delusional? You be the judge. Intellectually DISHONEST? Without a doubt, but I will let you all be the judge.

Mr. Schiff has been posting DOOM and GLOOM for the past 20 years. It sells newsletters
    and gets a cult following with a certain type of person. Unfortunately you would have
    lost your shirt if you followed his investment advice.

Do you see this in the predictions Mr. SeriouslyWrong posted for the next few years?
    Mr. Schiff fairly recently predicted (in 2010) that the Dow would fall to 1,400 or gold would rise to $12,000 in the next 3 years ( he gave the time prediction. Its up in 2013) This is an example of how extreme many of his predictions are. Its obvious he wont get this one correct anymore than he got many other predictions correct.
    One of your "favorites" that you "follow" is Dr. Doom himself who has a worse record of predictions than Schiff.

Guru
    04-15-2012, 05:42 PM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    So, still wondering if Hava-gafa-kasha is interested in the original question?

He agrees that "everybody" knows that ever increasing debt is unsustainable, but has yet to give all of us his assessment of what might be the reprocussion of ever increasing debt. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US ALL. Film school should have taught you something???

98 posts and we are still waiting. My guess is that there will be 98,000 posts before we hear a peep out of the ideologue, and then he'll tell us all DEBTS DON'T MATTER.
    Getting back on topic since we've flipped a new page. Hava-gafa-kasha isn't known to read all of the posts in the thread....

Guru
    04-15-2012, 05:43 PM #103
    And by the way, looking for your always insightful point of view on several of the articles posted underneath this...?

Legend
    04-16-2012, 08:33 AM #104
    IT REALLY IS NO BUSINESS of yours WHAT MONEY I RECEIVED FROM MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WHEN HE DIED (it was under 6 figures though) BUT IF YOUR GOING TO say you made MONEY FROM FOLLOWING MR. SHIFF (WHICH IS THE TOPIC HERE AND WHICH YOU SEEM VERY GOOD AT AVOIDING) I THINK WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO SEE THAT PORTFOLIO SINCE YOU HAVE TOUTED HIM.

WHEN HE ACTUALLY RESPONDS TO THE FACTS AS I HAVE PRESENTED THEM WE CAN MOVE ON.
    THIS IS QUITE SIMPLE. STOP EVADING AND AVOIDING AND OWN UP TO THE FACTS CONCERNING
    MR. SCHIFF.

Still hasnt refuted ONE SINGLE FACT that I have posted about MR. Schiff's MANY WRONG PREDICTIONS yet still praises him.
    You cant get any more intellectually DISHONEST. I dont know how the guy lives with himself.

For the umpteenth time please tell us all if this is correct or not? You cant be honest about it obviously.

SeriouslyWrong posted this in Jan. 2011. "i wouldnt dismiss ANY of his (mr. schiff's predictions)
    for 2011" He said ANY. But what happened is that he got ALL those predictions WILDLY WRONG. Those are the facts and as you notice he cant defend or refute THESE FACTS.

Mr. Schiff has been posting DOOM and GLOOM for the past 20 years. It sells newsletters
    and gets a cult following with a certain type of person. Unfortunately you would have
    lost your shirt if you followed his investment advice.

Do you see this in the predictions Mr. SeriouslyWrong posted for the next few years?
    Mr. Schiff fairly recently predicted (in 2010) that the Dow would fall to 1,400 or gold would rise to $12,000 in the next 3 years ( he gave the time prediction. Its up in 2013) This is an example of how extreme many of his predictions are. Its obvious he wont get this one correct anymore than he got many other predictions correct.

"In other words, Peter Schiff may be a classic case of a stopped clock: he's been predicting a market decline FOREVER and when the market has declined he's hailed as a genius by his cult fans."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1068...hiff-right-now

Now, had you listened to Peter in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 or even 3/4 of 2007, you lost your shirt. Had you placed bets based on Schiff's market calls, you lost everything you wagered.

The S&P (.INX) went from 1054 in May of 2002 (the date of the interview) to 1561 in Oct. 2007, a 48% gain and the Dow (.DJI) rose 40%.

Banking stocks, the primary victim of the housing bust, went up (JP Morgan (JPM) 36%, Bank of America (BAC) 41%, Wells Fargo (WFC) 39% , Wachovia (WB) 31% and American Express (AXP) 51%) during that time frame (dividends excluded which would dramatically add to results).

Bottom line? Had you listened to Mr. Schiff at anytime before Oct. 2007, you lost...big. To those who did, there is little consolation in the praise being heaped on him today.

Milton Freidman said, "markets can stay dislocated longer than you can stay solvent." For those who bet with Schiff between 2002-2007, they know the statement well.

Why is it a big deal? After all, Berkshire's (BRK.A) Warren Buffett claims he cannot time the market and often watches share prices decline in investments (like recent investments in Goldman Sachs (GS) and GE) before a rebound. How is this any different?

For one, Warren's loss is limited to his investment. He buys 1 share of stock "a" at $25. $25 is the most he can lose.

Now, if we listen to Peter and "short" stock "a" at 25, our loss has no limit. If it goes to $100, we lose $75. In shorting, we are only limited in our upside. If "a" goes to zero, "Schiffers" profit $25.

Buffett's strategy is an investing one and Schiff's is a trading and timing one.

Buffett followers can hold their shares, collect their dividend and wait for the rebound. Schiff followers collect no dividend and watched for over 5 years as their bet went wrong. How many stuck around? How many shorted into every market drop or "presumed" top over 5 years, only repeatedly losing money as the market kept rising and Schiff kept pounding his message home?

Schiff should not be getting the praise he is getting today for being "so right" after saying the same thing and being "so wrong" for the previous 5 years.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Legend
    04-16-2012, 08:34 AM #105
    Just let this sink in when thinking about whom Mr. SeriouslyWrong chooses as his hero for economic and financial advice. It should help you evaluate his judgement as pertains to a whole host of issues (especially economic).

The predictions of Peter Schiff were for a "CATASTROPHIC" market crash in early 2011. His prediction was for "HYPERINFLATION" in 2011. Not normal or high inflation but HYPERINFLATION. His prediction was for gold to rise to $12,000 or the Dow to fall to 1,400 within the next 2 years.
    His prediction was for interest rates on 10 year notes to be at "4% at the beginning of 2011 and
    rise to 5% or even 6%% in 2011 or 2012. His prediction was that the dollar would collapse in 2011. And on and on and on....

HE GOT THIS ALL WRONG AND MORE!

You would have lost your shirt if you bet with him.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-16-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Legend
    04-16-2012, 08:50 AM #106
    I think its become perfectly clear that Mr. SiriuslyWrong is a completely dishonest individual.

He obviously cant refute the facts of Mr. Schiffs predictions as i posted them.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-16-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Legend
    04-16-2012, 05:27 PM #107
    Romney filed for a tax extension. Wont reveal 2011 figures for many months.
    He also refuses to show Americans his returns from earlier than 2010. Clearly he is hiding
    something he thinks will cost him the election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z2

Marc A. Thiessen
    Opinion Writer
    Romney is walking into Obama’s ‘secrecy’ attack
    Text Size PrintE-mailReprints
    By Marc A. Thiessen, Monday, April 16, 12:25 PM

Mitt Romney handed President Obama a political gift this weekend, when his campaign announced that he would not file his tax return on time. Romney made the announcement at 5 p.m. on Friday — the time politicians usually put out bad news they hope no one will notice. Team Obama noticed all right. The president took a break from the Summit of the Americas in Colombia to criticize Romney’s lack of transparency, while Obama campaign manager Jim Messina declared that it “begs the question — what does he have to hide?”

“What does he have to hide?” will be a major theme of the Obama campaign in the coming months. Both a pro-Obama super PAC and the Democratic National Committee have videos up asking: “What’s Mitt hiding?” And Obama strategist David Axelrod has told Politico that the Obama campaign intends to make an issue of “Romney’s penchant for secrecy.” “Harkening back to my youth . . . there was a show called, ‘I’ve Got A Secret.’ Increasingly, I think that would be the appropriate title for the Romney campaign,” Axelrod said, adding that voters need to ask themselves “Who is this guy? What does he stand for? What does he believe? What do we know about him?”

Legend
    04-17-2012, 10:13 AM #108
    Tick tock. Years without an answer. Amazing.

"In other words, Peter Schiff may be a classic case of a stopped clock: he's been predicting a market decline FOREVER and when the market has declined he's hailed as a genius by his cult fans."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1068...hiff-right-now

Now, had you listened to Peter in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 or even 3/4 of 2007, you lost your shirt. Had you placed bets based on Schiff's market calls, you lost everything you wagered.

The S&P (.INX) went from 1054 in May of 2002 (the date of the interview) to 1561 in Oct. 2007, a 48% gain and the Dow (.DJI) rose 40%.

Banking stocks, the primary victim of the housing bust, went up (JP Morgan (JPM) 36%, Bank of America (BAC) 41%, Wells Fargo (WFC) 39% , Wachovia (WB) 31% and American Express (AXP) 51%) during that time frame (dividends excluded which would dramatically add to results).

Bottom line? Had you listened to Mr. Schiff at anytime before Oct. 2007, you lost...big. To those who did, there is little consolation in the praise being heaped on him today.

Milton Freidman said, "markets can stay dislocated longer than you can stay solvent." For those who bet with Schiff between 2002-2007, they know the statement well.

Why is it a big deal? After all, Berkshire's (BRK.A) Warren Buffett claims he cannot time the market and often watches share prices decline in investments (like recent investments in Goldman Sachs (GS) and GE) before a rebound. How is this any different?

For one, Warren's loss is limited to his investment. He buys 1 share of stock "a" at $25. $25 is the most he can lose.

Now, if we listen to Peter and "short" stock "a" at 25, our loss has no limit. If it goes to $100, we lose $75. In shorting, we are only limited in our upside. If "a" goes to zero, "Schiffers" profit $25.

Buffett's strategy is an investing one and Schiff's is a trading and timing one.

Buffett followers can hold their shares, collect their dividend and wait for the rebound. Schiff followers collect no dividend and watched for over 5 years as their bet went wrong. How many stuck around? How many shorted into every market drop or "presumed" top over 5 years, only repeatedly losing money as the market kept rising and Schiff kept pounding his message home?

Schiff should not be getting the praise he is getting today for being "so right" after saying the same thing and being "so wrong" for the previous 5 years.

Legend
    04-17-2012, 10:14 AM #109
    SeriouslyWrong posted this in Jan. 2011. "i wouldnt dismiss ANY of his (mr. schiff's predictions)
    for 2011" He said ANY. But what happened is that he got ALL those predictions WILDLY WRONG. Those are the facts and as you notice he cant defend or refute THESE FACTS.

The predictions of Peter Schiff were for a "CATASTROPHIC" market crash in early 2011. His prediction was for "HYPERINFLATION" in 2011. Not normal or high inflation but HYPERINFLATION. His prediction was for gold to rise to $12,000 or the Dow to fall to 1,400 within the next 2 years.
    His prediction was for interest rates on 10 year notes to be at "4% at the beginning of 2011 and
    rise to 5% or even 6%% in 2011 or 2012. His prediction was that the dollar would collapse in 2011. And on and on and on....

HE GOT THIS ALL WRONG AND MORE!

Legend
    04-17-2012, 11:03 AM #110
    Let the evidence show that he has still not answered these SPECIFIC FACTS as i have presented them.

Dishonest.

Page 11 of 11 ... 91011