03-22-2012, 12:41 PM #1

Upgrade to a Starmate

Hi, I would like to upgrade my Stratus radio to a Starmate. And have a few questions. Will the Starmate fit my existing accessories? (Boom box, car kit). Does the Starmate come with a remote? Do I get a discount on the Starmate since I'm an existing customer?

Thanks

Head Honcho
    03-22-2012, 03:40 PM #2
    Which version of the Starmate? Which Stratus?

Sirius often runs special discount offers/sales for existing customers. They happen to be running a 3 day sale for existing customers, right now... today is the final day of the sale.

If you have an email associated with your account, you should have received an email alerting you to the offer today.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-22-2012, 04:45 PM #3
    How do I find out what version? I only see one listed of each. My Stratus is about 2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Which version of the Starmate? Which Stratus?

Sirius often runs special discount offers/sales for existing customers. They happen to be running a 3 day sale for existing customers, right now... today is the final day of the sale.

If you have an email associated with your account, you should have received an email alerting you to the offer today.

Head Honcho
    03-22-2012, 06:28 PM #4
    It could be a 4,5,6, etc. Maybe check the manual?

What version of the Starmate are you looking for? Once you have the answer, then you can ask the question of whether or not it will fit your old dock.

As far as I know, there are some universal docks but, the better question might be, what kind of boombox do you have? The manual for that should tell you exactly which units are compatible.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-24-2012, 01:58 PM #5
    I have:

Stratus:
    Model SV5

BoomBox:
    Model SUBX2

looking for the latest Strarmate

Head Honcho
    03-25-2012, 07:27 PM #6
    That boombox only works with the Sportster 5; Starmate 5, 4, 3; and Stratus 5, 4, and Stratus Dock-and-Play radios... as far as it's advertised. The latest Starmate is the "8" so, it will not be compatible.

Maybe you should think about picking up something that is compatible off of ebay or refurbished out of the sirius xm store?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder