Page 2 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    03-09-2012, 10:21 PM #11
    It's hard to disagree with that. I have a feeling this is why insiders are selling and why I have wanted to pull the trigger myself.

I want someone to give me a good reason not to sell.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    03-11-2012, 11:55 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Don't take me too seriously, I am trying to keep this lighthearted but, I do think it's a good conversation to have.
    Not sure how I can't take it too seriously .. you parsed my every word

"Why isn't this selling considered information?
    All I am saying is, all the people running out of a building is information in and of itself. Just because you don't smell smoke doesn't mean there isn't a fire."
    You may think you smell smoke because you are paranoid. Look, sell away if you are scared of what you do not know.
    But you have no idea if it is fire or if in fact you are even really smelling smoke.

"As I recall, there have been a half dozen in the past couple of weeks... that's a lot. Were are talking about a bunch of Presidents, VP's, and Officers."
    I was hoping for a list ... not just abstract. Thought you knew specifics.

"Waiting for bad news isn't a good trading strategy either. Unless you have insider information, chances are you aren't going to get in or out at the exact right time. By the time you have bad information, and get the chance to act, half the value of the stock might be gone.
    To be clear, I'm not saying this will happen. All I am saying is that it can and does happen all the time."
    That is what stops are for. Lighten your position if you are scared of the ghosts you see.
    If you truly feel you are just "waiting for bad news" you shouldn't be in the stock. period.

"If it were one or two people, I would tend to agree and we wouldn't be having this conversation but, it's not..."
    If that many people were participating in insider trading by acting on non-public knowledge
    there would be some big problems as it is too obvious and they would all get caught.
    Chill out ... put in your stops.

Enthusiast
    03-12-2012, 12:10 AM #13
    "I want someone to give me a good reason not to sell."
    Debt is being serviced. There is no reason to believe that there will be any problems in that area for the foreseeable future.
    Free Cash flow is increasing year over year. Subscribers are still increasing. In fact most all metrics are better than where most of us bought in. If we believed then .. why not now.
    Mel indicates that he believes that they should buy back stock going forward. That would be a good thing as well.

I personally believe the frequencies alone are worth close to what the market cap says we are at now. That alone is nearly good enough for me to think that we are still undervalued. And that will only become more valuable.

Now I know nothing about your position,portfolio,or other considerations,
    But As I said In my other response to you. Anytime you are just waiting for the bad news to drop. You have to ask yourself .. why am I in this stock. It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong... it is just a good rule to follow.
    Otherwise you get into the habit of "hoping for the best". At the very least ... set your stops!!!
    If they trigger ... walk away knowing you had good gains and don't second guess if it leaves you behind.
    Last edited by airman; 03-12-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Head Honcho
    03-12-2012, 01:48 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    I was hoping for a list ... not just abstract. Thought you knew specifics.
    Sorry about that, I thought the SEC Fillings page was common knowledge; http://investor.sirius.com/sec.cfm

That is what stops are for. Lighten your position if you are scared of the ghosts you see.
    If you truly feel you are just "waiting for bad news" you shouldn't be in the stock. period.
    I'm not scared of ghosts, I'm happy with what I think is a high stock price. It seems as though some of the key players at Sirius XM have the same feelings.

If that many people were participating in insider trading by acting on non-public knowledge
    there would be some big problems as it is too obvious and they would all get caught.
    Chill out ... put in your stops.
    Very early on in this post I said insider "trading," I never meant to insinuate anything illegal. It was a poor choice of words but, I thought I was clear when I said "sales are for options that don't expire anytime soon." I apologize if I wasn't. I assumed everyone was receiving the same SEC Filling reports in their emails and had already heard about all of the options being exercised.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    03-13-2012, 02:40 PM #15
    There are quite a few more than I knew of. Thanks for the link.

I'm not scared of ghosts, I'm happy with what I think is a high stock price. It seems as though some of the key players at Sirius XM have the same feelings.
    It could just as easily seem that this is a tough economy and there are those that need the cash .... or now that the price is closer to what is reasonable they may want to diversify. There are many things it could seem like depending on your viewpoint. What i was saying is that you THINK it is a high price stock ... so you are seeing ghosts in what they are doing. But that is my opinion only. Since you THINK the stock is high priced you probably should go ahead and divest until you think it is a better investment.

Very early on in this post I said insider "trading," I never meant to insinuate anything illegal. It was a poor choice of words but, I thought I was clear when I said "sales are for options that don't expire anytime soon." I apologize if I wasn't. I assumed everyone was receiving the same SEC Filling reports in their emails and had already heard about all of the options being exercised.
    No apology needed. I didn't think you said they were insider trading.
    What "I" was saying is that "IF" they are bailing because they know something we don't(that isn't public) then they run the risk of "insider trading laws". Therefore I do not think this is so either. Then I default back to what I DO know. Again with healthy stops!

By the way ... I tried to give you reasons in the other post. You didn't respond to it.
    You think I am totally off base? just wondering Besides we need some posts in here ... it has been boring for the past 6 months.
    Last edited by airman; 03-13-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Head Honcho
    03-14-2012, 08:33 PM #16
    What other post?

BTW, SIRI short interest is up 5% from the previous week. Something we should all keep an eye on.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    05-15-2012, 06:50 PM #17
    Looks like those insiders picked a good time to sell all those shares.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 2 12