Page 1 of 3 123
    Legend
    02-28-2012, 01:41 AM #1

Ron Paul Has NEVER ONCE Attacked Romney

Interesting...

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...tacked-romney/

STUDY: Ron Paul Never Attacked Romney Once During 20 Debates, But Attacked Romney’s Rivals 39 Times
    By Judd Legum on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:30 am
    In recent days, attention has focused on the unusual relationship between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney, who are purportedly competing against each other for the Republican presidential nomination. The New York Times reported recently that Romney has “worked to cultivate” a friendship with Paul. The candidates talk on the phone frequently. And when Paul’s “campaign jet broke down last year,” Romney “offered his jet to take them home to Texas.”
    Rick Santorum has directly accused Paul and Romney of working together, noting “their commercials look a lot alike, and so do their attacks.” A review by ThinkProgress of the 20 GOP debates suggests Santorum might be onto something.
    While Paul has freely attacked Romney’s top rivals, he has never once attacked Romney:

This is particularly striking given that Paul and Romney do not agree on virtually any policy positions.
    Paul has gone beyond merely refraining from attacks. He has actively defended Romney on some of his biggest vulnerabilities. For example, when Rick Perry attacked Romney for “Romneycare” during an October 18 debate, Paul interjected:
    First off, you know, the governor of Texas criticized the governor of Massachusetts for “Romneycare,” but he wrote a really fancy letter supporting “Hillarycare.” So we probably ought to ask him about that.
    Paul has also run advertisements attacking Romney’s key rivals at critical times. He ran hundreds of thousands of dollars in brutally negative ads attacking Gingrich in Iowa. Paul now is using his scarce funds on a television ad attacking Rick Santorum in Michigan, a key state where Paul is a non-factor.
    Paul is effectively acting as Romney’s on-stage surrogate during the debates. The key question is: what is Paul getting out of it?
    UPDATE
    Ron Paul’s campaign, via the Daily Caller, responds to ThinkProgress’ report: “Congressman Paul has pointed out the bad records of all of his opponents on multiple occasions during debates and interviews.” Notably, the Paul campaign did not directly dispute the conclusions of this study.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-28-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Legend
    02-28-2012, 10:25 PM #2
    Not only that, but now he is attacking the wealthy. I expect for SiriuslyWrong to disown him immediately.

Paul: Wealth Is Fine, Just Don't Rip Us Off

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) offered his traditional tirade against the government's current monetary policy, slamming the wealthy at a campaign stop in Springfield, Va., on Tuesday night. "Wealth is OK, as long as they don't make it by ripping us off!" he exclaimed. "If they give us a good product, and we vote confidence in them, and they make money." He continued to drive away at a libertarian critique of the wealthy, saying, "The entitlements system helps the wealthy more than the poor."

Paul is one of two Republican candidates actually on the ballot in Virginia, a state set to vote on March 6, Super Tuesday.

Legend
    03-02-2012, 01:33 AM #4
    Ron Paul is SiriuslyWrongs favorite candidate and Mr. Schiff both of their favorite "economist". Oh boy.

Guru
    03-02-2012, 11:05 AM #5
    "favorite economist"

You're an idiot lol. How old are you?

Legend
    03-02-2012, 11:17 AM #6
    I have used that phrase many times before. You never objected. I understand that your support of Mr. Schiffs economic philosophy has brought you a certain amount of embarassment, but thats your problem for promoting him to me and others on this blog.

Name another "economist" (besides milton friedman whose name i gave you) who you posted about and praised continuously for the past 2 years. The same "economist" whose book you recommended me to read. The same "economist" who YOU said you wished had followed (economic advice) much earlier

Good try.

You publish articles claiming President Obama is a Marxist and ask how old am I? Grow up.

P.S. As usual you wont even discuss the thread and state why you think your favorite candidate
    (Ron Paul) hasnt ever criticized Romney in a debate.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 03-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Guru
    03-02-2012, 11:32 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Name another "economist" (besides milton friedman whose name i gave you) who you posted about and praised continuously for the past 2 years. The same "economist" whose book you recommended me to read. The same "economist who YOU said you should have followed (economic advice)
    much earlier

Good try.

You publish articles claiming President Obama is a Marxist and ask how old am I? Grow up.

P.S. As usual you wont even discuss the thread and state why you think your favorite candidate
    (Ron Paul) hasnt ever criticized Romney in a debate.
    So what if I post (not publish) articles that tie Obama's policies and beliefs to Marxism. What is wrong with that? Much actually rings true in these articles. Sorry. I know you appreciate his statist agenda.

I didn't recommend the book to you, I BOUGHT it FOR YOU. You chose not to read it because it goes against your political ideology. You are correct in that I have followed his investment advice. I wish I had followed it much earlier. My portfolio would have benefitted greatly.

Candidly, you post more about Schiff than I do. You seem to think that because he made some wild predictions, that he isn't credible at all, and that's simply your ideology getting the best of rational thought. You've seen the video proof with very specific details, yet you choose to deflect, defer and ignore it because you are a RIGID ideologue.

I can't comment on Romney or Paul in the republican primary as I have paid no attention to it. You seem to be paying a lot of attention. Hopefully you can become enriched from it lol.

Legend
    03-02-2012, 11:43 AM #8
    What is wrong with publishing outright lies and garbage about President Obama. Ummm let me think....
    Marxist, Kenyan, Muslim...... oh vey!

You recommended the book to me . For the 10th time, I tried to read it and found it unreadable. Simplistic beyond belief.

Told you your enamored of Mr. Schiff."my portfolio would have "benefited greatly". Wacko
    for cocoa puffs.

Your portfolio would not have "benefitted greatly". You're ABSOUTELY DELUSIONAL. I have published numerous articles demonstrating that one would have lost lots of money if you followed his investment advice. How you can ignore those facts is beyond me.This is the guy who said the Dow would have a catastrophic crash in early 2011. Did you follow his advice and get out of the market then. Did you listen to his investment advice when he predicted hyperinflation in 2011? Did you listen to his investment advice on worldwide currrency direction for the past number of years? As he got many of their directions COMPLETELY wrong. Have you stayed out of the Dow this past year because he predicted that it would drop to 1,400 in the next 2 years (or gold would rise to $12,000? LMFAO. And on and on and on....

I post about Mr. Schiff to demonstrate how wrong he has been over the years and just how deluded you are.

You pay no attention to Ron Paul? They guy you said you most like as a politician. Good try.
    Yes i follow politics and post about it. I quess you post about things you dont follow. LIAR.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 03-02-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Guru
    03-02-2012, 12:01 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    What is wrong with publishing outright lies and garbage about President Obama. Ummm let me think....

You recommended the book to me . For the 10th time, I tried to read it and found it unreadable. Simplistic beyond belief.

Your portfolio would not have "benefitted greatly". You're ABSOUTELY DELUSIONAL. I have published numerous articles demonstrating that one would have lost lots of money if you followed his investment advice. How you can ignore those facts is beyond me.This is the guy who said the Dow would have a catastrophic crash in early 2011. Did you follow his advice and get out of the market then. Did you listen to his investment advice when he predicted hyperinflation in 2011? Did you listen to his investment advice on worldwide currrency direction for the past number of years? As he got many of their directions COMPLETELY wrong. Have you stayed out of the Dow this past year because he predicted that it would drop to 1,400 in the next 2 years (or gold would rise to $12,000? LMFAO. And on and on and on....

I post about Mr. Schiff to demonstrate how wrong he has been over the years and just how deluded you are.

You pay no attention to Ron Paul? They guy you said you most like as a politician. Good try.
    It is clear that you believe they are "outright lies", but many others clearly beleive there is some truth to it. To bad you cannot respect their point of view, but then again, liberals only tolerate other liberals while preaching tolerance.

You are a graduate of film school. I'm sure you had to read "bad books" before lol. Just be strong and admit the truth - you WON"T read it because it is politically opposite of your "core beliefs" of statism, collectivism and liberalism.

Absolutely delusional? Facts would speak otherwise. Imagine if you bought into gold back in 2006. Had you read anything on Schiff, he's a very conservative investor. He advises buying into multinational dividend paying stocks like McDonals, Catapillar, Yum Yum brands just to name a few. How aweful are those recommendations?

I have shorted the dollar, but with Europe being far worse than the US, it is plain flat. No gain, no loss.

Sorry about what you think you've proved, my portfolio is the only fact I accept in this arguement, and it is up. If you want to call that "delusional" than I suppose you are free to do so, but the joke is on you at the end of the day.

Yes, it's true, I have paid little attention to the republican primaries. I did catch some stuff on Santorum, and I'm glad Romney is beating him.

Legend
    03-02-2012, 12:05 PM #10
    For those who havent followed along. Just a small sample of the "brilliance" of SiriuslyWrongs favorite "economist"

In a 2002 interview with Southland Today, Schiff predicted that the economic downturn triggered by the bursting of the dot-com stock market bubble would lead to a bear market likely to last "another 5 to 10 years."[36][37] In November 2002, US stock indexes began a bull market uptrend which held steady for five years,[38] until reversing course in 2008, when they began a decline to less than half of their peak 2008 values,[39] followed in 2009 by the Dow climbing 61% from its low point over the following year.[40] After interviewing Schiff in 2009, journalist and finance author Eric Tyson referenced various Schiff predictions during the 2000s and stated that "On all of these counts, Schiff wasn't just wrong but ended up being hugely wrong."[41]

Page 1 of 3 123