Page 2 of 2 12
    Legend
    02-17-2012, 04:17 PM #11
    Glad to hear your a supporter of GM and Chrysler (i know you were going to say its Italian. ) lol.
    Not so much a supporter of the U.S. alternative energy industry unfortunately. I'll keep working on you there.

"I dont have an agenda". Thats hilarious. Anti-govt and President Obama every chance you get. Zombie like. Blah, blah, blah....

Next time please comment on the articles i post about the facts (the ones you always leave out ) surrounding the bailout. Even if they disagree with your anti-gov't agenda.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-17-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Guru
    02-17-2012, 04:35 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Glad to hear your a supporter of GM and Chrysler (i know your going to say its Italian. ) lol.
    Not so much a supporter of the U.S. alternative energy industry unfortunately. I'll keep working on you there.

"I dont have an agenda". Thats hilarious. Anti-govt and President Obama every chance you get. Zombie like. Blah, blah, blah....

Next time please comment on the articles i post about the facts (the ones you always leave out ) surrounding the bailout. Even if they disagree with your anti-gov't agenda.
    Do you know where I can get an anti government agenda? Is there a political party for that? I might be missing something, and I want to be a complete ideologue just like you - fighting fire with fire - right from the script.

Legend
    02-17-2012, 04:43 PM #13
    Yes I do know where you can get that anti-govt agenda. The Republican Partyl
    Have you been following the Republican primaries? You must be weary of trying to pretend you dont like
    Ron Paul and Peter Schiff among others of the anti-govt propaganda machine. Just 2 of your Republican favorites.

But that aside,you really should try sometime to comment on the facts of the automobile bailout that i presented to you.I know some of those facts were a shock to your core beliefs

Do you always post out of date stock prices. Lmfao.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Guru
    02-17-2012, 04:50 PM #14
    Yes I do know where you can get that anti-govt agenda. The Republican Partyl
    Have you been following the Republican primaries? You must be weary of trying to pretend you dont like
    Ron Paul and Peter Schiff among others of the anti-govt propaganda machine. Just 2 of your Republican favorites.

But that aside you really should try sometime to comment on the facts of the automobile bailout that i presented to you.I know some of those facts were a shock to your system. Sorry.

Do you always post out of date stock prices. Lmfao.
    That suggestion won't work, but thanks.

What does that last sentence mean? In fact, what is your rant about "facts"? You haven't pointed out jack.

Guru
    02-17-2012, 04:57 PM #15
    Glad to hear your a supporter of GM and Chrysler (i know you were going to say its Italian. ) lol.

Speaking of Zombie blah, blah, blah.........

You rant the same liberal stuff every day.

Yay to gays in the military
    Yay to abortion rights
    Yay to unions and unionization
    Yay to taxing the rich
    Nay to global warming
    Yay to public schools
    Yay to stimulus
    Nay to religion
    Nay to corporations (but I'll take their innovations)
    Nay to "Big Oil"
    Yay to the NLRB
    Nay to CEO's
    Yay to government mandates punishable by FORCE

I've missed a few...,but you should get the point.

Same old same old.

Legend
    02-17-2012, 05:09 PM #16
    I thought you said i presented convincing evidence on global warming. Hmmmm
    Allowing Gays to serve openly in the military was supported by a majority of the American people. Hmmm.
    Are you opposed to the legal right to an abortion? The majority of Americans do. Hmmm.
    Are you opposed to supporting public schools? That would be in opposition to the majority of
    the American people.

SO UNLESS YOUR SAYING THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE MARXIST OR FAR LEFT CRAZIES
    I THINK YOU HAVE JUST PROVED MY POINT.

Yes, I supported stimulus to help get us out of the 2nd worst recession in our history. I believe it has helped our eocnomy. Nothing radical in that belief, in fact its a pretty centrist economic theory that most economists support.

Nay to religion? Are you serious. Im jewish, dummy.
    Nay to corporations? I invest in them, dummy.
    Nay to CEO's. My family is made up of them, dummy.

.....you get the point.

Still avoiding the facts i posted on the auto bailout huh. figures.

P.S. the reference to posting incorrect stock prices was calling your
    attention to the fact that you posted an article quoting GM at 25. Its actually now $27.48
    Still a long way to go to, but im an optimistic American.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Guru
    02-17-2012, 05:23 PM #17
    I thought you said i presented convincing evidence on global warming. Hmmmm
    Allowing Gays to serve openly in the military was supported by a majority of the American people. Hmmm.
    Are you opposed to the legal right to an abortion? The majority of Americans do. Hmmm.
    Are you opposed to supporting public schools? That would be in opposition to the majority of
    the American people.

SO UNLESS YOUR SAYING THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE MARXIST OR FAR LEFT CRAZIES
    I THINK YOU HAVE JUST PROVED MY POINT.

Yes, I supported stimulus to help get us out of the 2nd worst recession in our history. I believe it has helped our eocnomy. Nothing radical in that belief, in fact its a pretty centrist economic theory that most economists support.

Nay to religion? Are you serious. Im jewish dummy.
    Nay to corporations? I invest in them. dummy.
    Nay to CEO's. My family is made up of many of them. dummy,.

.....you get the point.

Still avoiding the facts i posted on the auto bailout huh. figures.
    I am pro choice.
    I support public schools.
    I do not care if gays serve openly in the military.
    I accept the proof that the earth is warming.

You are making me out to be a moderate!!!!! Or maybe even a centrist lol. Works both ways you know.

Nice spin on the others, but my fault for over simplifying. You know the truth. CEO's earn too much. Big Coporations exploit too much. You desperately the government to MANDATE that anyone who makes over $1 MM pay 30% of their earnings so the government can create MORE programs (the stated ruse is for paying down the debt - clearly you can see from Barack's budget that paying down debt is not of interest).

Legend
    02-17-2012, 05:37 PM #18
    You sure you have a job? Wow, I dont know how you find the time to work. lol

Ok so then it isnt "the same liberal stuff". Cause you also believe it. Damn your bad.
    So then i just proved there is nothing "agenda like" about those moderate positions.

On a whole host of other issues you are clearly anything but "centrist". Embrace that.

Yes, you oversimplified as USUAL. Now just address the FACTS i presented about the history of
    the auto bailout. Are you in synch with Gov. Romneys comments? Awfullly silent. Hmmm..

\Yes, i support raising taxes on the wealthy (CEO's etc) in line with what they were under Clinton
    and Reagan. There is nothing extreme about that position. Its supported by most Americans.

just dont agree that paying down the debt is of no interest to President Obama (i know its hard
    for you to call him President. Your hatred is deep enough for you post over and over again that he is a Marxist. Sad and desperate). Your sense of history is limited sometimes. Just check back some months ago when he worked out a plan with rep. Boehner to bring down the debt by $4 trillion dollars. The extreme right wing of the Republican Party balked at the agreement and forced Rep. Boehner to walk away from the table.

Its a perfect example of how YOU SIMPLIFY OFTEN TO FIT YOUR RIGID APPROACH TO POLITCAL
    THOUGHT.

Govt mandates in health care etc., incase you dont know your history were first proposed and supported by CONSERVATIVES.

I back a single payer health care system.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-17-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Legend
    02-17-2012, 05:40 PM #19
    I want to return you to the thread I started. I understand SiriuslyWrong prefers to ignore some of the facts i presented but....

Today, 12:18 PM #6
    Havakasha
    Snyder/Reuters)
    Mitt Romney's Detroit News op-ed about how President Obama saved the auto industry the wrong way and therefore sucks has drawn a significant critique: Romney doesn't know what he's talking about. First off, let's not forget that the Bush administration had made loans to GM and Chrysler before Obama was even in office. We can see why Romney would gloss over that, but more interesting is the widely held view explained by the New York Times' Michael Shear:
    Officials in Mr. Obama’s administration, and many economists in both parties, scoff at Mr. Romney’s suggestion that a managed bankruptcy was possible without the billions of dollars in government aid to the car companies. They say Wall Street and private equity firms in early 2009 were in no position to lend the kind of money that the companies needed to manage the bankruptcy process in an orderly fashion.
    Steven Rattner, who headed up Obama's auto industry task force, is still more blunt, saying that Romney's claims about how the auto companies could have been saved "would get somebody a C-grade at best at the Harvard Business School" and that, in the 2009 search for private financing for the industry, "We took every phone call, we made as many outgoing calls as we could think of."
    Rep. Gary Peters (D-MI), too, makes this point, writing that "in early 2009 I met with Bob Nardelli, who was at the time the Chairman and CEO of Chrysler, and he told me that if the government did not act as the 'lender of last resort' the company was three weeks away from liquidation."

A central part of Romney's insistence on his way of doing things, though, is that he doesn't think unionized auto workers suffered enough; he would have made sure the beating they took was fatal, to their unions at least. But as Peters continues,

In Mitt Romney's experience as a leveraged buyout expert, he learned to put the claims of creditors and investors ahead of workers, but what President Obama understood is that the value of the American auto industry is more than just its return on investment for shareholders—it's also the millions of good paying, middle class jobs that the industry supports.
    Romney's false claims about bailouts and union bosses and crony capitalism may play well in the Republican primary he's currently fighting to win. But if he makes it to the general election, the strength of the auto industry and the jobs resurgence it's bringing with it will speak for the president who made it possible, not the candidate who wanted none of it.

Legend
    02-17-2012, 06:57 PM #20
    Fortunately for Michigan, but unfortunately for Romney's political triangulating, the auto bailout is now widely considered a triumph. Some experts believe it could have saved as many as 1.5 million jobs. It has also allowed the American car industry to roar back to life. Just this week, GM posted record profits, paid hefty bonuses to its factory workers and edged out Toyota to once again become the biggest automaker in the world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...?newsfeed=true

Page 2 of 2 12