09-24-2012, 03:04 PM #1

Any new Sirius potable similar to Stiletto 2?

Has anyone heard if Sirius is going to come out with a replacement for the Stilleto 2? Mine broke, so I was forced to switch to XM to get a portable unit.

All in all I am unhappy with the XM unit, it's not as user friendly as the Stilleto, battery life is poor and no internet recpetion. Also unhappy with XM's NFL coverage. With Sirius you have access to all home game broadcats. With XM on away games, you have to listen to the home team.

The XM reps DID NOT tell me that at the time I switched radios and service.

Thanks

Head Honcho
    09-24-2012, 03:38 PM #2
    No word on a new portable as far as I know. With the new mobile apps, I'm not sure they're in a rush to make one.

You might want to consider using your smartphone. I'm not sure exactly where/when you listen but a smartphone is portable.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-26-2012, 02:28 PM #3
    Considered that, sometimes I like to listen when out a range of cell. Have some property in West Texas with no cell coverage and the S2 worked great if on machinery on in a deer blind.

Head Honcho
    09-26-2012, 03:02 PM #4
    What about downloading ondemand content and listening offline? If you don't need live radio when you're in a deer blind or riding on your john deere downloading shows might work well for you.

I know you want to hear that there is an awesome new portable coming down the line but, if there is, I don't know about it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-29-2012, 05:33 AM #5
    I"m a little confused, it would seem you can purchase the Lynx, but then would need to add either the vehicle or home kit to actually get Satelite reception.

Head Honcho
    09-30-2012, 01:43 AM #6
    You do need a vehicle or home kit to get satellite reception but, you can also listen anywhere there is wifi without those kits (headphones).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder