02-15-2012, 02:42 PM #1

Question Suggestions Please - Transfer Lifetime Sub to New Car Radio or Portable Radio?

Could use some input. Sold my previous car for salvage when the engine blew. I had a Lifetime Sirius subscription for the car audio system at the time. I have now purchased a motorhome which has a sirius radio. Should I transfer my Lifetime Sub to the factory radio or to a Sirius Portable and use the Aux input? My concern is which radio is going to holdup best as the Lifetime Sub can only be transferred a limited number of times. If the portable, which model would you suggest?

Thanks!

Head Honcho
    02-15-2012, 02:59 PM #2
    Welcome to the forums

How often do you use your motorhome? Without knowing your situation, at first glance, it seems strange to lock your subscription down to a non daily driver. Personally, I would buy a plug and play and then pick up an extra dock for the motorhome. That way you can keep the radio in your daily driver but still be able to pull it out and take it on vacation in your motorhome. The beauty of a motorhome is that you have all kinds of space to mount and hide/run wires.

As far as plug and play radios go, I have been really lucky with my sportster 3. It is now over 6 years old and still kicking. My girlfriend has a sportser 4 which is 4 years old and still kicking as well. I can't speak about the latest version but I haven't heard anyone complain.

Hope this helps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-15-2012, 11:36 PM #3
    Thanks, Charles for your input. It is appreciated. I was reading somewhere that Lifetime subs might not be transferable from one factory radio to another so this option might not even be available.

Thanks again.
    Pete

Head Honcho
    02-16-2012, 08:57 AM #4
    Glad I could help.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-29-2012, 10:26 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusman View Post
    Thanks, Charles for your input. It is appreciated. I was reading somewhere that Lifetime subs might not be transferable from one factory radio to another so this option might not even be available.

Thanks again.
    Pete
    Hi,

Sorry for being late with this reply... I have two lifetime subscriptions one is on an SCC1 and the other is on a Sportster. I use the SCVDOC1 dock on my motorhome and Boat. This allows me to move the Sportster between the docks. This dock allows the Head units to control the sirius radio the same way the SCC1 does. So, as long as the head unit is SiriusConnect ready then no problem. ALthough, the new Head units such as the ALpine do not support "SiriusConnect" any More. I may transfer the lifetime subscriptions up to 3 times. I to have read I will not be able to transfer the SCC1 lifetime to a new Jeep OEM radio. I have not verified this though. For the time being the SCVDOC1 and SCC1 are both still being sold. If you move the subscription to a SPortster you may have the best solution for the time being.

EDIT: I just read the contract regarding lifetime subscriptions on factory radios; not transferable. I may be able to transfer a lifetime sub to a factory radio but not after that. I will have to ask, the contract didn't cover that possibility.

2nd edit: you can transfer a Lifetime subscription to a factory radio from a non-factory radio but not visa versa. So once the Lifetime sub is transferred to a factory radio it can never be transferred again.
    MORE INFO:

Any Sirius Ready(TM) Head unit or interface can support two devices an SCC1(tuner) or an SCVDOC1(dock) both of these devices are still available as of March 2012. Although, many suppliers such as Alpine are discontinuing all Sirius Ready(TM) head units.

Any SiriusXM Ready(TM) Head units or Interfaces only support one device the SXV100V1(tuner).

Some suppliers that use interfaces such as Pioneer, do not currently support the new SXV100V1(tuner), they still support the old SiriusConnect Devices. Also, it's anyones guess how they will implement support for the new SiriusXM Connect port.

The New SiriusXM Lynx LV1 Vehicle kit does not connect through the "SiriusXM Connect" port or the "SiriusConnect" Port. It just uses an Aux. port.

I do not understand why the new LV1 Vehicle kit for the new SiriusXM Lynx wasn't made to connect to either the new SiriusXM Connect port or the old Sirius Connect port.??????

I know nothing of how the the Factory radios work or if they might use one of the above connect types and what other solutions might be available.
    Last edited by Mark Banjak; 03-29-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: More info...

06-16-2012, 11:12 AM #6
    Once you transfer lifetime from a portable to a factory radio it's locked to that radio, no more transfers!