02-12-2012, 12:22 PM #1

Receiver that's easy to remove from car dock

Hello;

I'm looking for recommendations for a Sirius or XM receiver that's easy to remove from its car dock when the driver leaves the car. This is for my wife who has arthritis; she finds the Starmates, for example, to be difficult to remove due to the force necessary to lift it up and out.

I've considered the XM Snap, but I know if she needs to detach the antenna wire, she's more likely to just leave the receiver in the car. (The XM Snap's control unit doesn't detach from the stalk, right?)

I've also considered the XM SkyDock, but would prefer to not have to purchase an iPhone or iPod Touch.

Thanks in advance.

Head Honcho
    02-12-2012, 05:47 PM #2
    What about a sirius sportster? I have a sportster and I don't find it hard to remove.

What about mounting it in a place where she doesn't have to remove it? Maybe you could mount it somewhere low and inconspicuous so she can just leave it in the car?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-12-2012, 07:12 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    What about a sirius sportster? I have a sportster and I don't find it hard to remove.
    Well, I don't find a Starmate hard to remove either, but I don't have arthritis. ;-) But I'll definitely consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    What about mounting it in a place where she doesn't have to remove it? Maybe you could mount it somewhere low and inconspicuous so she can just leave it in the car?
    Hmmm ... you know, that might actually work. She only listens to a few channels and I don't think she pays too much attention to the display, so maybe I could actually hide it completely, with some kind of IR relay so she can use the remote.

Thanks for your reply!

Head Honcho
    02-12-2012, 11:02 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorBarnes View Post
    She only listens to a few channels and I don't think she pays too much attention to the display, so maybe I could actually hide it completely, with some kind of IR relay so she can use the remote.
    Thanks for your reply!
    That's exactly what I did in my own car, which happens to be a jeep with a soft-top, and it's been there for over 6 years now.

I'm glad I could help.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder