Legend
    01-29-2012, 09:59 PM #1

Trillions in Tax Cuts

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...xaQ_story.html

The Post’s View
    Trillions in tax cuts

By Editorial Board, Updated: Sunday, January 29, 7:05 PM

THE REPUBLICAN presidential candidates claim to abhor debt, yet propose tax cuts that would add trillions more.

The case for continuing the George W. Bush tax cuts, at a cost of $3.7 trillion over 10 years (including interest), is shaky enough. The cuts for the wealthy alone, which President Obama would end, would cost with interest about $1 trillion over the next decade. But the GOP candidates want to continue all those cuts — and add many more, the vast bulk of which would again go to the wealthiest taxpayers.
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 02-12-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT REPOST ARTICLES IN THEIR ENTIRETY

Guru
    01-30-2012, 11:22 AM #2
    We all know the fact that 1% of the top income earners pay 37% of all income taxes.

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pa...ome-taxes.html

And it has been fact checked repeatedly.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...res/50480226/1

It's an old discussion. Tax rates are just that, rates. Tax $ collected (i.e. tax revenue) is what matters.

Using the tax code to promote the minorities beleif in social justice is entirely un American. The "rich" provide most of the revenue. It is time to stop looking at them with envy and start cutting expenditures.

Legend
    01-30-2012, 12:30 PM #3
    What's Un American is the attempt by the right to pretend that the middle class and America itself isnt gettting hurt by
    Republican economic policies.

The other stuff is just your attempt to distort and reframe Democratic positions on the matter of tax rates. Silly and immature.

Guru
    01-30-2012, 12:40 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    What's Un American is the attempt by the right to pretend that the middle class and America itself isnt gettting hurt by
    Republican economic policies.

The other stuff is just your attempt to distort and reframe Democratic positions on the matter of tax rates. Silly and immature.
    No distortion here. The middle class is getting hurt by inflationism which is something you agree with based on your love affair with Krugman. The middle class is getting hurt by democratic market interventionist policies.

Legend
    01-30-2012, 01:05 PM #5
    Whatever you say.

I think i have proved my point. Your economic and political positions align directly with Peter Schiff and
    the Austrian School of economics. I have demonstrated over and over again that Peter Schiff has been wildly wrong
    with most of his predictions. I think that says all i need to say about your positions.