Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    01-26-2012, 03:39 PM #1

Obama to Propose Tax Credits for Natural Gas Cars

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80P0NB20120126

More proof that he is a center/left President and NOT a Marxist as SiriuslyWrong likes to demagogue.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama was set on Thursday to promote a plan for greater use of natural gas and open up more land for offshore drilling during a campaign-style tour aimed at shoring up confidence in his economic stewardship.

At a stop in Las Vegas, Nevada, Obama will seek to counter Republican criticisms of his energy policies by rolling out a proposal to offer tax incentives for companies to buy natural gas trucks, which would help build demand for abundant supplies of the fuel.

In his State of the Union address on Tuesday, Obama acknowledged the nation's booming natural gas sector, which has grown dramatically in recent years as advances in technology have unlocked vast new reserves.

Obama will talk up the idea during a visit to a UPS facility in Las Vegas, which received stimulus funding to invest in liquefied natural gas vehicles and construct a public LNG refueling station.

"We think that we're going to be looking at 600,000 jobs in natural gas extraction here in the United States and all the industries that come with it," Obama said in an interview with Univision on Wednesday in Arizona.

The president was also to visit Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora, Colorado, where the Air Force was installing a one-megawatt solar panel system, and where last year it test-piloted jets that run on advanced biofuels.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 04:26 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80P0NB20120126

More proof that he is a center/left President and NOT a Marxist as SiriuslyWrong likes to demagogue.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama was set on Thursday to promote a plan for greater use of natural gas and open up more land for offshore drilling during a campaign-style tour aimed at shoring up confidence in his economic stewardship.

At a stop in Las Vegas, Nevada, Obama will seek to counter Republican criticisms of his energy policies by rolling out a proposal to offer tax incentives for companies to buy natural gas trucks, which would help build demand for abundant supplies of the fuel.

In his State of the Union address on Tuesday, Obama acknowledged the nation's booming natural gas sector, which has grown dramatically in recent years as advances in technology have unlocked vast new reserves.

Obama will talk up the idea during a visit to a UPS facility in Las Vegas, which received stimulus funding to invest in liquefied natural gas vehicles and construct a public LNG refueling station.

"We think that we're going to be looking at 600,000 jobs in natural gas extraction here in the United States and all the industries that come with it," Obama said in an interview with Univision on Wednesday in Arizona.

The president was also to visit Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora, Colorado, where the Air Force was installing a one-megawatt solar panel system, and where last year it test-piloted jets that run on advanced biofuels.
    One doesn't combat demogoguery with demogoguery. They do it with facts and logic.

My uncle was driving a propane fueled vehicle in the 70's.

Glad to see Obama embracing a good thing. How about you?

Guru
    01-26-2012, 04:27 PM #3
    Also, keep in mind he's trying to get elected.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 04:45 PM #4
    All politicians are always trying to get elected. Doesnt automatically follow that they dont believe what they are proposing.
    I am for natural gas drilling as long as environmental conditions are considered. We must make sure peoples water sources are not contaminated.

I am all for diversifying our energy sources including natural gas, solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy. You agree that we should move away from our overwhelming dependence on oil, gas, and coal?

Well?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-26-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:16 PM #5
    All politicians are always trying to get elected. Doesnt automatically follow that they dont believe what they are proposing.
    I am for natural gas drilling as long as environmental conditions are considered. We must make sure peoples water sources are not contaminated.

I am all for diversifying our energy sources including natural gas, solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy. You agree that we should move away from our overwhelming dependence on oil, gas, and coal?

Well?
    Contaminated water is an economic opportunity for water purification companies..... It would be nice to move away from "traditional" sources of energy, but they need to be competitive. Pushing non competitive sources of energy onto everyday Americans is morally wrong. Many can't afford to pay higher heating bills. Nor can many afford to dump $535 MM in a non viable energy company.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:32 PM #6
    "contaminated water is an economic opportunity for water purification companies." Very cute.

ah now i understand you are AlWAYS opposed to anything that tries to protect the consumer.

Wind energy and other sources are becoming more and more competitive. Do you really HONESTLY
    think Oil, gas, nuclear would have gotten to their dominance without "morally wrong" help. Your delusional if you do.

Its silly to say you know in advance what companies are going to fail. You dont. Your obsession with Solyndra tells me everything anyone needs to know about your natural bias. ARe you sure there arent examples of oil, gas, coal, and nuclear companies that werent "morally wrong"/

Of course you ignore the costs of environmental impact on our health care system. Its very convenient.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 06:41 PM #7
    "contaminated water is an economic opportunity for water purification companies." Very cute.

ah now i understand you are AlWAYS opposed to anything that tries to protect the consumer.

Wind energy and other sources are becoming more and more competitive. Do you really HONESTLY
    think Oil, gas, nuclear would have gotten to their dominance without "morally wrong" help. Your delusional if you do.

Its silly to say you know in advance what companies are going to fail. You dont. Your obsession with Solyndra tells me everything anyone needs to know about your natural bias. ARe you sure there arent examples of oil, gas, coal, and nuclear companies that werent "morally wrong"/

Of course you ignore the costs of environmental impact on our health care system. Its very convenient.
    Ummm, I drink water. My kids drink water....... I am a consumer....

Wind energy kills birds and it causes noise pollution, no?

Envirionmental impact employs my wife.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 06:46 PM #8
    I know you're a consumer. I will try to not mention the new Consumer affairs dept. lol

Glad to know now you care about the birds. Im sure the concern for the kids will come later.

Get a divorce quick, the word might get out there.

Congratulations , you've kept your record perfect for always saying something negative
    about alternative energy. Very centrist of you. lmfao
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-26-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 07:19 PM #9
    I understand you think the following is nonsense. Thats ok. Lets just hope it never happens to your family.

Erin Brockovich investigating mysterious disease cluster
    By Sharon Jayson, Steve Orr and Elizabeth Weise, USA TODAY Updated 10m ago
    Comments

LE ROY, N.Y. – Environmental activist Erin Brockovich has started her own investigation into the mysterious illness that's caused symptoms of facial tics and verbal outbursts among teenagers in Le Roy, N.Y., in light of new evidence about a toxic chemical spill more than 40 years ago that caused water and ground contamination.

2001 photo by Robert Hanashiro, USA TODAY
    Environmental activist Erin Brockovich says families of the teens with a mysterious illness in Le Roy, N.Y., have contacted her to look into the case.
    Brockovich, of Los Angeles, says families of affected teens and other community members asked her to look into the case. She's spent the past week studying federal and state reports about a 1970 train derailment that spilled cyanide and an industrial solvent called trichloroethene (TCE) within three miles of the high school attended by the 12 teen girls who started having these symptoms last fall. Three other teens, including one boy, are reportedly experiencing similar neurological symptoms.
    "When I read reports like this — that the New York Department of Health and state agencies were well aware of the spill — and you don't do water testing or vapor extraction tests, you don't have an all-clear," says Brockovich, who gained fame in a movie about her efforts in the early 1990s to expose a coverup involving contaminated water in California that caused residents to become ill.
    MORE: N.Y. teens' mystery illness labeled 'conversion disorder'
    A statement issued by the school district said "medical and environmental investigations have not uncovered any evidence that would link the neurological symptoms to anything in the environment or of an infectious nature."

According to a 1999 report by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, one ton of cyanide crystals spilled to the ground in the derailment, along with 35,000 gallons of an industrial solvent called trichloroethene.
    The cyanide crystals were removed and "neutralizers were spread on the ground to counteract the effects of any remaining cyanide," the EPA report says.
    However, the liquid trichloroethene was absorbed into the ground.
    Brockovich says some of the involved families contacted her in December. But she began research in the past week when she received hundreds of e-mails regarding the diagnosis that the girls were suffering from "conversion disorder" or "mass psychogenic illness," which appear to be stress-related.
    "We don't have all the answers, but we are suspicious," Brockovich says. "They have not ruled everything out yet. The community asked us to help and this is what we do."
    Three students came forward in the past few days and are "being evaluated by private medical professionals," said Jeffrey Hammond, a spokesman for the New York Department of Health.

Click on link.. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...0/1?csp=34news
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 07:36 PM #10
    I know your a consumer. I will try to not mention the new Consumer affairs dept. lol

Glad to know now you care about the birds. Im sure the concern for the kids will come later.

Get a divorce quick, it might get out there.
    You're not your as in, "...your a consumer".

Yes, I am aware of the ever expanding government - the consumer affairs department.

And lastly, my children always come first. Remember? My family's legacy is to give the next generation a better start than what they had. Too bad Murray and Saul left you behind.

Page 1 of 2 12