Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    01-26-2012, 02:51 PM #11
    I have a conference call Lloyd; have at it, but if you do get some time, read about the tax deductions all manufacturers are allowed to take. Big Oil manufactures gasoline, kerosine, diesel, petrochemicals, mineral oil....

Legend
    01-26-2012, 02:54 PM #12
    OK, Come back later for some more education on the history of tax breaks etc. for oil, gas industries.
    http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2010/0...onal-security/

I understand about the tax deductions that ALL manufacturers get. You are missing my point
    by concentrating on a Republican talking point.
    I think you will find if you go back history (not just recent history) you will find that the Oil, gas, nuclear industries has gotten all kinds of special advantages because of the money they can throw around in Congress. I am surprised you cant acknowledge that.

As we recently reported, 2010 lobbying disclosures reveal that Big Oil is influencing foreign policy by lobbying on the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act as it is debated in the Senate. But this is not anything new. The oil industry and related trade associations have been lobbying to secure their bottom lines by risking our national safety for decades, including advocating for the removal of sanctions against oil-rich countries Iran and Libya.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-26-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 04:37 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    OK, Come back later for some more education on the history of tax breaks etc. for oil, gas industries.
    http://thinkprogress.org/romm/2010/0...onal-security/

I understand about the tax deductions that ALL manufacturers get. You are missing my point
    by concentrating on a Republican talking point.
    I think you will find if you go back history (not just recent history) you will find that the Oil, gas, nuclear industries has gotten all kinds of special advantages because of the money they can throw around in Congress. I am surprised you cant acknowledge that.

As we recently reported, 2010 lobbying disclosures reveal that Big Oil is influencing foreign policy by lobbying on the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act as it is debated in the Senate. But this is not anything new. The oil industry and related trade associations have been lobbying to secure their bottom lines by risking our national safety for decades, including advocating for the removal of sanctions against oil-rich countries Iran and Libya.
    Well, did you educate yourself on the 199 deduction?

Legend
    01-26-2012, 04:39 PM #14
    Did you educate yourself on the history of oil,gas company tax benefits over the past 50 years? Dont worry I will give you time to ignore that history.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 04:43 PM #15
    Did you educate yourself on the history of oil,gas company tax benefits over the past 50 years? Dont worry I will give you time to ignore that history.
    Key word = history.

Demogogue away. Rich corporations and their high paid CEO's..........

I'm all for revamping the tax code. I'm all against singling out "entities".......... based passing judgment

Legend
    01-26-2012, 04:51 PM #16
    Your living in fantasy land of the Austrian School of economics.

Oil, gas and nuclear companies have been singled out for extraordinary help over the years.
    Money for lobbying equals power to influence politicians and policy.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:08 PM #17
    Your living in fantasy land of the Austrian School of economics.

Oil, gas and nuclear companies have been singled out for extraordinary help over the years.
    Money for lobbying equals power to influence politicians and policy.
    Perhaps it's national security? I mean, we need electricity, no? We need energy, no?

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:17 PM #18
    We need diversity of our energy sources for security and for environmental reasons. As James Woolsey the former CIA has said over and over and over again.
    No?

Still dont know anything about Cliimate Change? What a goddamn liar you are.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:20 PM #19
    We need diversity of our energy sources for security and for environmental reasons. As James Woolsey the former CIA has said over and over and over again.
    No?

Still dont know anything about Cliimate Change? What a goddamn liar you are.
    I know a little about climate change from "talking" with you.

Do you loathe BIG OIL because of climate change, is that it?

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:23 PM #20
    I dont "loathe" big oil. I want to diversity energy sources.
    I do want to move away from reliance on Oil, gas, coal because of climate change and for national security reasons.

I agree with James Woolsey the former CIA. How about you. Do you provide 100% negative articles on alternative
    energy sources because your a rigid ideologue or for some other reason?

Page 2 of 2 12