Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:12 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    "i dont care about soros". Bullshit! Another Big fat lie.

I really respect Soros and you really respect Peter Schiff.

I am still waiting for you to take me up on my bet. Chicken.
    I care that you think the world of him and when he forcasts riots......... well, it is written.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:14 PM #42
    You dont have the courage ever to back up your wildly lying pronouncements.
    Provide the quote from Obama that backs up your claim. You cant, You wont.
    You'er a liar. You're a demagogue. You're full of shit about who you really are.
    A Centrist? My ass.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-28-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:14 PM #43
    Ummm you quite obviously care about Soros.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-28-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:17 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    You care about everything about Soros and thats why you chose to take this thread and turn it intosomething else. You are only fooling yourself.
    Ummmm, what does the headline read? Did I write it?

Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:18 PM #45
    Here is what the headline read.

Soros Warns of ‘Riots,‘ ’Brutal’ Clampdowns & Possible Total Economic Collapse

You are trying to turn it into something else.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:19 PM #46
    The headline of this thread reads Soros on Austerity in Europe. Have you any comment?
    Lmfao.

We know what you posted. We also know why you posted it. and why you have avoided
    discussing this issue.

Why dont you simply say if you disagree with his general thesis on Europe and the U.S.?

Please comment on all the quotes i have provided here unless you have your own AGENDA.lol
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-28-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 05:22 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Here is what the headline read.

Soros Warns of ‘Riots,‘ ’Brutal’ Clampdowns & Possible Total Economic Collapse

You are trying to turn it into something else.
    I posted it because the source of your article also thinks that there will be riots , brutal clampdowns, and possible total economic collapse.

It's relevant for sure.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 05:25 PM #48
    Once again.

Do you or do you not disagree with SOROS concerning his general thesis on Europe, Greece and the U.S.?

I provide a number of quotes and asked you repeatedly if you disagree or agree with them

Its interesting that you keep avoiding making comments.

Its clear that rather than have a discussion on the thread that i posted you want somehow
    to try and score CHEAP political points.

Im still waiting for your to take me up on my bet on comparing Peter Schiff and George
    Soros economic predicitons and analysis over the years.

I would think that since Soros is a billionaire you would automatically understand that he
    is clearly the superior economist. LMFAO
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-28-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Legend
    01-28-2012, 01:16 AM #49
    FRI JAN 27, 2012 AT 08:30 PM PST
    Open Thread for Night Owls: Austerity plans right-wingers want for here make Brits' life miserable
    byMeteor Blades

While the U.S. economy continues to make modest improvements but tens of millions of Americans still suffer from extremely grim employment figures, the situation in Britain shows no signs of any improvement whatsoever.
    In fact, Brad DeLong writes, the British economy is now doing worse than it did in the Great Depression:

Yep. This many months after the start of the Great Depression, the British economy was rapidly converging back to its pre-depression level of production under Chancellor of the Exchequer Neville Chamberlain's policy of using stimulative policies to restore the price level to its pre-Great Depression trajectory. [...]
    In less than a year, if current forecasts come true, the Cameron-Osborne Depression will not be the worst depression in Britain since the Great Depression, but the worst depression in Britain … probably ever.

That is quite an accomplishment. [...]

Here's a chart showing Britain's gross domestic product performance in the Great Depression and three recessions prior to the current one. In case you're afflicted by a bit of colorblindness, as I am, that line which flattens out at minus 4 percent on the far right of the chart is where the U.K. is now:

(National Institute of Economic and Social Research—U.K.)
    What went wrong? DeLong cites Guardian economics correspondent Philip Inman, who wrote earlier this week:

Much of the UK's plan for recovery from the financial crisis was based on a full-throttle recovery in 2012. This was going to be the year that a return of consumer confidence, business investment and general spending would converge to send the economy on a trajectory of above-average growth. Maybe we would even get back some of the output we lost in the crash. [...]
    Business investment has already slumped and confidence indexes show few consumers are ready to spend outside key periods such as Christmas. [...]

And the lack of investment will perplex ministers. They have done what the right-wing economists told them to do and moved out of the way — the theory being that public sector spending and investment was "crowding out" the private sector.

That's the theory of right-wing economists and politicians in the United States, too. Kill as much government spending as possible and get out of the way so the private sector can "do its job." We'll be hearing a lot of that kind of talk in the coming months as the Republicans whittle down the bevy of candidates to the one who will meet Barack Obama come November.

Unfortunately, many Americans will buy their argument because of the economy's weak performance, only 1.6 percent growth in gross domestic product for all of 2011, and forecasts of even less than that for the first quarter of 2012. Their call for lower taxes on the wealthy and fewer regulations on the the financial sector is exactly the wrong approach. Don't believe it? Ask your working-class friends across the pond.

http://www.dailykos.com/

Click on the link

Legend
    01-29-2012, 01:44 AM #50
    When you cant answer questions about Soros's economic expertise, I quess you got to throw some personal mud around. How typical.

Page 5 of 5 ... 345