Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    01-26-2012, 11:42 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    President Obama

"We don't begrudge financial success in this country. We admire it. When Americans talk about folks like me paying my fair share of taxes, it's not because they envy the rich. It's because they understand that when I get tax breaks I don't need and the country can't afford, it either adds to the deficit, or somebody else has to make up the difference - like a senior on a fixed income; or a student trying to get through school; or a family trying to make ends meet. That's not right. Americans know it's not right. They know that this generation's success is only possible because past generations felt a responsibility to each other, and to their country's future, and they know our way of life will only endure if we feel that same sense of shared responsibility. That's how we'll reduce our deficit. That's an America built to last."

Stick your "class warfare" bullshit up your ass, SiriuslyWrong.
    Big Oil should pay their fare share. Who shouldn't then?

The top 1% already pay 36% of all income taxes. Is that FAIR ENOUGH for you and your fair minded class warfare mongering dividers?

Buffet is a hypocrite. You know he purposely does not draw wage income to keep his rate low. Buffett pays a $hitload of taxes vs. his secretary.

It is unbelievable the lengths you morons will go to to get what you want. It's deplorable behavior. Sad, most of the sheeple buy it.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 11:43 AM #12
    If you have lost the perspective of who pays income taxes, please just look directly to the left. I feel I need to remind you.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 12:13 PM #13
    Obviously I simply disagree with your logic. Sorry you think I am a "moron" because i want to rescind the Bush tax cuts for the top income earners. The following seems correct.

"But in return, we need to change our tax code so that people like me, and an awful lot of Members of Congress, pay our fair share of taxes. Tax reform should follow the Buffett rule: If you make more than $1 million a year, you should not pay less than 30 percent in taxes. And my Republican friend Tom Coburn is right: Washington should stop subsidizing millionaires. In fact, if you're earning a million dollars a year, you shouldn't get special tax subsidies or deductions. On the other hand, if you make under $250,000 a year, like 98 percent of American families, your taxes shouldn't go up. You're the ones struggling with rising costs and stagnant wages. You're the ones who need relief.
    Now, you can call this class warfare all you want. But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense."

Guru
    01-26-2012, 12:35 PM #14
    Obviously I simply disagree with your logic. Sorry you think I am a "moron" because i want to rescind the Bush tax cuts for the top income earners. The following seems correct.

"But in return, we need to change our tax code so that people like me, and an awful lot of Members of Congress, pay our fair share of taxes. Tax reform should follow the Buffett rule: If you make more than $1 million a year, you should not pay less than 30 percent in taxes. And my Republican friend Tom Coburn is right: Washington should stop subsidizing millionaires. In fact, if you're earning a million dollars a year, you shouldn't get special tax subsidies or deductions. On the other hand, if you make under $250,000 a year, like 98 percent of American families, your taxes shouldn't go up. You're the ones struggling with rising costs and stagnant wages. You're the ones who need relief.
    Now, you can call this class warfare all you want. But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense."
    I don't object to the rich paying more taxes. I object to YOU SAYING IT. Judge Hava-gafa-kasha.

"But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense." That's a BALD FACED LIE designed to mislead. SHAME.

You want to rescind the BUSH tax cuts because they are the BUSH tax cuts. Just as republicans want to rescind Obamacare because it is not Bushcare. Pitiful. Your core belief is a political party.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 01:01 PM #15
    SIRIUSLYANGRY
    Thats a bad quote i agree. It should have said -- by asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as his secretary. You are awfully angry about something when I believe you clearly understand what they were getting at.

Your side misleads all the time by implying because the rich pay a large % of taxes that that automatically implies that the tax rates are fair. I dont agree.

My core belief is not a political party but ideas. I oppose President Obama when i dont agree with him.
    But thanks for projecting onto me YOUR rigid belief in the Austrian School of Economics.
    You OBVIOUSLY dont read Daily kos and huffington post on a regular basis. They disagree with President Obama on many issues.

Big oil has obviously received more help than most. I thought you might be able to acknowledge tthere is a connection between the sums of money contributed by various industries to politicians
    and the benefits they derive from that money. Follow the money and you will see that big oil has disproportionately been helped through tax policy.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-26-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Guru
    01-26-2012, 01:44 PM #16
    "Big oil has obviously received more help than most. I thought you might be able to acknowledge tthere is a connection between the sums of money contributed by various industries to politicians and the benefits they derive from that money. Follow the money and you will see that big oil has disproportionately been helped through tax policy."

That is a BALD FACED LIE! The playing field is LEVEL. Anyone who manufactures anything can take the deduction.

Read on if you dare: http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/...p/20102727.htm

And how "fair" is it that BIG OIL is ALREADY penalized 3%??

Read on if you dare: http://www.api.org/policy/tax/apikey...Tax_Sec199.pdf

And one last one, if you dare: http://www.mikestopa.com/2011/02/oil...199-deduction/

DON'T READ THEM! You may awaken from your ignorant bliss. But if you dare, the last one is good.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 01:50 PM #17
    Can you please stop hijacking the threads. There is plenty to argue about under my BIG OIL
    thread.

This is one is about something else. Thanks again

Guru
    01-26-2012, 02:02 PM #18
    Can you please stop hijacking the threads. There is plenty to argue about under my BIG OIL
    thread.

This is one is about something else. Thanks again
    Is this your way of not taking the dare to read the links? LMFAO. Ignorance is indeed bliss. You simply don't want to know the truth. It doesn't fit into your preconceived notion.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 02:13 PM #19
    Good try.

CROOKS ON PARADE: GOP DEBATE LIVEBLOG REDUX
    REPUBLICANS ARE COMMIES
    Majority of GOP Voters Want Higher Taxes On Rich People
    By WONKETTE JR.
    4:25 PM OCTOBER 11, 2011
    78 COMMENTS 2214 VIEWS

What the hell is wrong with Republican voters? Are they starting to realize they’ve been cruelly ****ed over or something? New Bloomberg/WaPo poll released just now says this:

More than half of Republicans say wealthier Americans should pay more in taxes to bring down the federal budget deficit.

Fifty-three percent of self-identified Republicans back an increase in taxes on households making more than $250,000, a sentiment at odds with the party’s presidential candidates, who will meet tonight in a Bloomberg-Washington Post-sponsored debate focused on economic issues.

Republicans are communists, my friends! Oh right, and another debate tonight? ANOTHER DEBATE? Should we liveblog this? VOTE BELOW IN THE COMMENTS TO VOTE FOR THIS. [Bloomberg/Daily Kos]

Guru
    01-26-2012, 02:27 PM #20
    Good try.

CROOKS ON PARADE: GOP DEBATE LIVEBLOG REDUX
    REPUBLICANS ARE COMMIES
    Majority of GOP Voters Want Higher Taxes On Rich People
    By WONKETTE JR.
    4:25 PM OCTOBER 11, 2011
    78 COMMENTS 2214 VIEWS

What the hell is wrong with Republican voters? Are they starting to realize they’ve been cruelly ****ed over or something? New Bloomberg/WaPo poll released just now says this:

More than half of Republicans say wealthier Americans should pay more in taxes to bring down the federal budget deficit.

Fifty-three percent of self-identified Republicans back an increase in taxes on households making more than $250,000, a sentiment at odds with the party’s presidential candidates, who will meet tonight in a Bloomberg-Washington Post-sponsored debate focused on economic issues.

Republicans are communists, my friends! Oh right, and another debate tonight? ANOTHER DEBATE? Should we liveblog this? VOTE BELOW IN THE COMMENTS TO VOTE FOR THIS. [Bloomberg/Daily Kos]
    Congratulations. See, demogoguery works. Why do you think it is used so much?

Page 2 of 3 123