Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    04-17-2012, 11:28 AM #11
    Email Claims: Obama Promised Solyndra CEO He Would Look Into Buying Solyndra's Solar Panels for Gov’t Buildings

By Fred Lucas
    April 12, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Less than three months after President Barack Obama’s May 26, 2010 visit to the Solyndra plant in Fremont, Calif., a Solyndra investor claimed in an e-mail to the company's new CEO, Brian Harrison, that during Obama's visit he had personally witnessed the president “actually promise” the company’s previous CEO, Chris Gronet, that he would “look into” having the federal government buy Solyndra's solar panels to place on federal buildings.

About a month and a half after Obama's visit to Solyndra, internal government emails show, an Energy Department official sought to arrange a meeting between the government’s procurement agency and the Solyndra CEO to whom Obama had talked.

“Getting business from Uncle Sam is a principal element of Solyndra's channel strategy," the investor, whose name was redacted, said in an Aug. 10, 2010 email to Solyndra CEO Harrison and Steve Mitchell, managing director of Argonaut Private Equity, which was Solyndra’s largest private investor.

"When Obama visited Solyndra in June, 2010, Chris Gronet spoke very openly to Obama about the need for installation of Solynra’s rooftop solar on U.S. government buildings," the investor wrote. “I heard Obama actually promise Chris [Gronet] that he would look into it when he returned to Washington. The point is that the government has to pay for energy no matter what. The capital funding to deploy a lot of rooftop solar on government buildings (say $300 million) just falls off the table in Washington anyway.”

This gets you to the e-mail: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/emai...s-solar-panels

$535 Million...........................

Legend
    04-17-2012, 11:35 AM #12
    Damn you finally found the smoking gun. Is impeachment or jail to follow? lol
    After "ooking into it" what happened? Dont keep us sititin on the edge of our seats. Waiting with bated breadth. lol

I was just wondering if you think the White house would be smart to put solar hot water panels on the roof as part of its energy
    mix? Whose panels do you think are the best? etc.

Guru
    04-17-2012, 11:46 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Damn you finally found the smoking gun. Is impeachment or jail to follow? lol
    After "ooking into it" what happened? Dont keep us sititin on the edge of our seats. Waiting with bated breadth. lol

I was just wondering if you think the White house would be smart to put solar hot water panels on the roof as part of its energy
    mix? Whose panels do you think are the best? etc.
    I'm not all to involved in solar hot water. As for panels, Sharp has a good reputation for service, and they produce here.

Read the article if you want to know.

Legend
    04-17-2012, 11:56 AM #14
    Im asking YOU to explain to us what resulted from this meeting since you seem to be implying something sinister transpired.

Please back up your point of view with your own words if you have such a strong opinion. Innuendo is not worthy of an intelligent discussion.

I didnt say you were involved with solar hot water. That never stopped you from talking about other subjects before. I asked a simple question. Do you think it would be smart to put solar hot water panels on the White House? Why are you afraid of answering? I SINCERELY dont get it.

Guru
    04-17-2012, 12:24 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Im asking YOU to explain to us what resulted from this meeting since you seem to be implying something sinister transpired.

Please back up your point of view with your own words if you have such a strong opinion. Innuendo is not worthy of an intelligent discussion.

I didnt say you were involved with solar hot water. That never stopped you from talking about other subjects before. I asked a simple question. Do you think it would be smart to put solar hot water panels on the White House? Why are you afraid of answering? I SINCERELY dont get it.
    Wow. Wow, WOW. Can I ask a personal question? What meds are you on?

Do I think it would be smart to put solar hot water panels on the White House? Why on Earth would I "be afraid" of answering? I could care less. That's my answer. Actually, I take it back a bit. If they made the White House look ugly, I would frown on it.

Page 2 of 2 12