Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Guru
    01-20-2012, 02:56 PM #1

Facts about North Dakota

3.4% unemployment - lowest in the nation.

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

$90,000 Average salary for an oil and gas worker, and billions of tax dollars collected.

"The average worker in the oil and gas sector here earns more than $90,000 a year -- a sum so large that it’s pushed up incomes in non-oil sectors as well. The overwhelming majority of these oil jobs require a high school degree or less. The oil and gas workforce here has increased from 5,000 in 2005 to more than 30,000 today. The recession remains in their minds: Many hail from outside the state and are working grueling 80-hour-a-week shifts in hopes of earning enough money to save their homes elsewhere from foreclosure.

Meanwhile, the state has benefited enormously from taxes on the industry, which generated an estimated $839 million in FY 2011 and are expected to generate more than $2 billion over the next two years. As other states have been forced to make drastic budget cuts targeting education, public assistance and Medicaid spending, North Dakota recently approved a budget that increases spending by 12 percent over its upcoming two-year budget cycle. “This is a time of opportunity,” says Brad Bekkedahl, a Williston city commissioner. “It’s a time of growth. And it’s a time of amazing prosperity and wealth coming into our community.”"

http://www.governing.com/topics/ener...ing-curse.html

Society is benefitting from BIG OIL, yet the left continues to oppose oil and gas developments in the USA. Why does left want to deprive Americans an opportunity for good pay? Why doesn't the left want to collect these taxes? Does the left hate Americans and America?

I'll tell you why. The left hates free enterprise, and especially in the oil and gas industry. The left wants government to control business and deny opportunity to Americans (as they are doing RIGHT NOW). To them, Americans need to be beholden to government, and not real employers who produce goods and services Americans really need (yeah, that's right, American's don't really need Solyndra). If you earn your money, the left has little control. If they give you money, they have control.

Make no mistake, the left will continue to go, "left" to the welfare state because that gives them the most power.

Guru
    01-23-2012, 02:49 PM #2
    This is how taxes to fund government are generated. Make no mistake.

Don't listen to the left and their Robin Hood cry. Let free markets work.

Don't believe a word that liberal elitist wealthy ideologue Hava-gafa-kasha posts. It's all BS.

Guru
    01-23-2012, 03:16 PM #3
    The left hates when the market succeeds in creating jobs without the help of government. Stupid, but true.

Legend
    01-23-2012, 03:22 PM #4
    Im from a family of very successful free marketers. We are Democratic "liberals". So thanks for telling us what we think or dont think of the free market and govt. Did you stop your education at the kindergarten level? WOW. you are a seriously blind ideological wack job. lmfao

Guru
    01-23-2012, 03:28 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Im from a family of very successful free marketers. We are Democratic "liberals". So thanks for telling us what we think or dont think of the free market and govt. Did you stop your education at the kindergarten level? WOW. you are a seriously blind ideological wack job. lmfao
    So you're taking credit for your grandfathers effort now?

You are the seriously bind ideological wack job wanting government to manage every aspect of our life.

Anyway, isn't it great how much tax is being generated by BIG OIL? That's is going a long way to improve education, build infrastructure, create additional jobs......

Is it great or not? Waiting to hear your opinion.

Legend
    01-23-2012, 03:32 PM #6
    Im taking credit for my success in life and im damn proud of my grandfathers and fathers successes and particularly their VALUES (honesty, hard work, and compassion for all) in life.

My grandfather and father paid much higher levels of income tax during their business careers then exist today and they never WHINED. They just worked harder.
    I understand you're a member of the ME generation and are a little spoiled.

NO ONE wants govt to "manage every aspect of their life". Im sorry you spend all your time reading and listening to nonsense.

Stop listening to Peter Schiff and the like. You are getting a very faulty understanding of the world.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-23-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Guru
    01-23-2012, 03:38 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Im taking credit for my success in life and im damn proud of my grandfathers and fathers successes and particularly their VALUES (honesty, hard work, and compassion for all) in life.

My grandfather and father paid much higher levels of income tax during their business careers then exist today and they never WHINED. They just worked harder.
    I understand your a member of the ME generation and are a little spoiled.

NO ONE wants govt to "manage every aspect of their life". Im sorry you spend all your time reading and listening to nonsense.

Stop listening to Peter Schiff and the like. You are getting a very faulty understanding of the world.
    ME generation? I'm two years younger than you. I'm trying to raise kids jackass. When you're forking over $50,000 a year in taxes, it gets real damn hard to save for their educations. It's called responsibility.

I have an interview Wednesday. Pay is $20,000 more. Yeap, I keep working hard too.

Guru
    01-23-2012, 03:40 PM #8
    Enough about me.

How about those jobs, the pay and the taxes that are created?

Legend
    01-23-2012, 03:44 PM #9
    Stop listening to Mr. Peter Schiff and some of the crackpots you read. Keep working hard and stop whining.

I know a lot about responsibility, hard work,honesty, and compassion. My family has taught me good values and I have a tremendous amount of respect for what they achieved through hard work and how much they cared about those less fortunate then them.

You certainly talk like a spoiled child on many ocassions here. Just imagine paying 80% a year in income taxes. We know how
    you would have handled it.

Legend
    01-23-2012, 03:50 PM #10
    No one EVER said that Democrats were opposed to Oil jobs except people like you.
    Its a reall dumb comment on your part and i simply dont understand why you choose to say such things.
    I simply would like the oil industry to pay their fair share of taxes and I want our
    country to diversity its energy options for economic and environmental reasons.

Stop with the silly exaggerations and lies about what "liberals" believe. It demeans you and makes you seem
    ignorant.

Do you HONESTLY think you can say that North Dakota has low unemployment SIMPLY BECAUSE IT HAS A
    OIL INDUSTRY? Please stop with the simplistic economic analysis. Stop reading Peter Schiff.

Page 1 of 4 123 ...