01-18-2012, 09:33 PM #1

Questions? I have answers....

Hey, so I have read a lot of complaints about the service at sirius... sooooo here I am, I work for the company at one of the actual North American sites. I have been on product support, cancellations, billing, and marine & aviation teams. I will not give away anything classified or that could otherwise get me fired.

First off, our cancellation department isn't as bad as it sounds. They get qualitied for things that actually tick you off, and their job depends on how many people they can save... not cancel, 53% is the pass rate. And if we are busy... don't hang up and call back, you land at the end of a long line, more pissed than before. Just call, let us offer our offers, and give you whatever you need... want the offer? take it. Don't? Just let them talk. Want your money back? Let us fight our supervisors for it... don't fight us. We will get it to you if you let us. I know not every site is the same, but at ours we work for the customer not the company. We get paid to help you, and today alone I gave out $8563 worth of promotions, refunds, and credits to customers. and most of that was just for their patience.

So, if anybody has a question needing answering do not hesitate to ask.

Head Honcho
    02-01-2012, 07:59 PM #2
    If I have a sirius sub prepaid for 1 year tied to a receiver that died, will sirius charge me a transfer fee to move that sub to a new radio? If I say that I would rather cancel than pay a transfer fee, will they wave it? If so, why not just wave the fee to begin with? I am seriously asking as I am going to need to do this for my girlfriends car.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-07-2012, 02:19 PM #3

Question, xm vs. sirius

I have had sirius for a long time and tried switching to XM. I tried it for a week and was not happy with the recepition in the car and the crappy radio they supplied so I went back.
    My question is does XM use different satellites, etc. than Sirius? Because the XM radio went out constantly while sirius is generally good unless driving in a canyon wooded areas, etc.
    I tried the switch to XM because I am done with Howard Stern. He is "stick a fork in it" done. I wanted O&A. SO now I pay more for Sirius Premium. Comes to $20 per month including fees, taxes, etc.

Head Honcho
    02-07-2012, 05:13 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by blogo View Post
    My question is does XM use different satellites, etc. than Sirius?
    Yes, they do. Prior to the merger they were two separate companies with two separate satellite systems and they are still in orbit today.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    02-18-2012, 02:12 PM #5
    Sasuceboss, any chance you can help all of these people who want to exchange a sirius lifetime for an xm lifetime? If you can't do it directly, who about facilitating a trade?

siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?5032-Warning-RE-Lifetime-Subscriptions-and-XM-Sirius-integration&p=72798
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-21-2012, 12:46 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    If I have a sirius sub prepaid for 1 year tied to a receiver that died, will sirius charge me a transfer fee to move that sub to a new radio? If I say that I would rather cancel than pay a transfer fee, will they wave it? If so, why not just wave the fee to begin with? I am seriously asking as I am going to need to do this for my girlfriends car.
    I work in the new activations sales department at SiriusXM and what we do in that situation is different from cancellations. If you called our department it would really depend on whether the radio in your g/f's car was an OEM radio. If it's an OEM radio and you purchased it at a new/used certified dealership then we would set you up on a 3motrial (or longer if a sirius radio) and then we would cancel your old radio and prorate how much time you had left on it and leave it as credit on the account to use towards the new radio for whatever plan you want.

So basically if you had a 1 year plan on the old radio and 2 months into it you get it cancelled, you would get 10months worth of credit back to use towards any other plan.

Now if it's an aftermarket radio or you bought the vehicle privately (and you still called our department) then there would be an activation fee of $15, swap fee's and activation fee's are the same amount and are pretty much the same thing. I try all I can to get the activation fee waived if a customer is replacing a radio that is broken or have been with us for years. But the thing is we can't just waive the fee unless the customer asks first because we can actually get in trouble or possibly fired. SiriusXM has a "Don't ask don't tell" policy heh.

Head Honcho
    02-22-2012, 06:59 PM #7
    Sauceboss, any chance you can help all of these people who want to exchange a sirius lifetime for an xm lifetime? If you can't do it directly, who about facilitating a trade?

siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?5032-Warning-RE-Lifetime-Subscriptions-and-XM-Sirius-integration&p=72798
    Sauceboss... are you still around?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-25-2012, 04:00 PM #8
    Looks like Sauceboss was a Troll . . . .

Maybe Cody can help.. . .

Banned
    05-22-2012, 10:21 PM #9
    I can help you with this. PM me if you still need this doen

Sauceboss... are you still around?