Legend
    01-12-2012, 04:11 PM #1

Priceless

Quess who agrees with SiriuslyWrong on Obama? As a matter of fact its probably where he got
    his lies.
    This information comes from none other than the economic charlatan Mr. Peter Schiff (and is regurgitated by SiriuslyWrong) who got almost everything wrong that he predicted for the year 2011 and who has NEVER ONCE ADMITTED HE GOT A PREDICTION WRONG.

According to Mr. Schiff, President Obama (who he refuses to call President) is quoted as saying that
    "Capitalism is a theory that 'NEVER WORKED'.

A BALD FAÇE LIE. SHOW ME WHERE OBAMA ACTUALLY SAID THAT CAPITALISM "NEVER WORKED"?

This is the kind of junk that people like SiriuslyWrong and Peter Schiff traffic in.

Its the garbage politics of 2012. A lot more of it is sure to follow.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Guru
    01-12-2012, 04:12 PM #2
    This is priceless. A union thug - democratic party loyalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm_Fl3AszuU

Guru
    01-12-2012, 04:15 PM #3
    Here is another pricesless piece.

Barney Frank - a bald faced liar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZ9l...eature=related

Guru
    01-12-2012, 04:18 PM #4
    Here's another one. Vote for me and I'll give you something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2ngvYI_ZU

Legend
    01-12-2012, 04:19 PM #5
    So I catch him in another right wing lie,and yet he continues to claim to be a "moderate". Unbeleveable.

As usual SiriuslyWrong refuses to take responsibility for spreading lies and for being in synch with Mr. Peter Schiff (who happens to also be Ron Paul's economic advisor. Siriuslywrong is a supporter of Ron Paul's) No matter how hard he tries he cant run away from his fondness for Peter Schiff. Surrender to the truth Mr. SiriuslyWrong.

Yes or no. Did Peter Schiff LIE when he CONSTRUCTED that sentence about President Obama?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-13-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Guru
    01-12-2012, 04:24 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I caught him in another right wing lie unfortunately, and yet heactually claims to be a "moderate". Unbeleveable.

As usual SiriuslyWrong refuses to take responsibility for spreading lies and for being in synch with Mr. Peter Schiff (who happens to also be Ron Paul's economic advisor. Siriuslywrong is a supporter of Ron Paul's) No matter how hard he tries he cant run away from his support of Peter Schiff. Surrender to the truth Mr. SiriuslyWrong.
    This is a candidate for pointless post of the year, and it's only January. Not to mention that it is Siriusly GAY. With this clown, there will be more.

Guru
    01-12-2012, 04:27 PM #7
    And before I take off to Cincinnati, remember everyone, this is the bozo who thinks that the high paying middle class jobs BIG OIL is creating, are BAD for all of us hard working, middle class people. He wants Obama to give you a make work job. That is HATE - arguing against your fellow citizens making a fair wage while filling a market need for ALL Americans.

Legend
    01-12-2012, 04:27 PM #8
    I understand you cant defend the quote so you prefer to avoid it.

So the answer is YES as I suspected. May your conscience guide you in the future. LMFAO

PRICELESS. Bon Voyage.

And for your information I have NEVER said that high paying Oil jobs are "bad for all of us hard
    working, middle class income people". How SiriuslyWrong again.

What I am for is a diversified energy industry that levels the playing field for alternative energy.
    Afterall Oil, Gas, Nuclear etc have been subsidized to the toon of BIlLLIONS of dollars over many
    years.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-23-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Legend
    01-12-2012, 04:44 PM #9
    And just for fun once again I bring to the center ring Mr. SiriuslyWrongs favorite economic forecaster.

Its a New Year
    How will Peter Schiff and the Austrian school of economics predictions do this year?
    Last year they did pretty badly. Wonder if SiriuslyWrong and Ron Paul will still praise and
    defend him?

http://coolspot7.wordpress.com/2011/...ce-in-a-while/

Well, let’s go back in time and see how good his prediction was for 2011:

US dollar demise: Schiff does not see much safety in the US dollar. Schiff says it is not just a dollar collapse, it is a bond collapse too; "avoid any kind of long term bonds, avoid treasuries, and avoid municipal bonds."
    The year is not over yet, there is still one more trading day so this can change, but in 2011 the US dollar is up 1.85%, basically flat. No collapse in the dollar like what Schiff predicted.

The 3-year Treasury bond fund (SHY) is up 0.56% (basically flat), 10-year Treasury bond fund (IEF) is up 12%, and the 20-year Treasury bond fund (TLT) is up 28%. No collapse in treasuries like what Schiff predicted.

I looked up three municipal bond ETFs (PZA, MUNI, MUB) and they are up 8%, 5%, and 10%. No collapse in municipal bonds like what Schiff predicted.

I looked up one long term bond ETFs (BLV) and it is up 16%. No collapse in long term bonds like what Schiff predicted.

Indeed, every bond fund I checked was up big this year (and everyone one I wasn’t invested in was up more than mine). Quite simply, what Schiff predicted would occur this year did not occur.

Buy emerging markets and foreign currencies. Schiff is focusing on Asia where people work hard, are producing and have savings.
    The emerging market funds (VWO, EEM) were down 20% this year.

For currencies:

Japanese Yen: +4%
    Australian Dollar: –0.9%
    Swiss Franc: –1%
    Canadian Dollar: –2%
    Swedish Krona: –3.06%
    Euro: –3%
    Chinese Yuan: –1%
    Mexican Peso: –11%
    New Zealand Dollar: –10%
    Russian Ruble: –4%
    US Dollar: +1.85%

How did the US dollar do against some other currencies directly?
    vs Singapore Dollar: +1.48%
    vs Hong Kong Dollar: –0.03%
    vs South African Rand: +25%

Looks like the US dollar did very well this year and held its own against almost everyone, contrary to what Schiff said. Emerging markets also did poorly, contrary to what Schiff said.

Buy precious metals and commodities. Stay with gold, stay with silver.
    Gold is up +9% this year, so he got this one right. However, silver is down –10% this year. Copper is down 42%, Aluminum is down 45% and platinum is down 25%. If you were lucky enough to buy a precious metal ETF, you could have made some money but not very much, maybe 3%.

What about other commodities? The general commodities ETFs (GSG, MOO, DBA) are down 3%, 20% and 11%.

The fact is that commodities did not do very well this year, contrary to Schiff’s advice.

If you would have listened to Peter Schiff this year, you wouldn’t have done very well in the market. You would have underperformed it. Everything he recommended was either flat (currencies), down big (emerging markets) or straight up wrong (collapse in dollar, treasuries and bonds). He was right on gold but wrong on silver – and every other metal. That’s 1 out of 7.

Now, you can argue (as Schiff does) that gold is a long term investment and long term, everything he is saying will turn out to be correct. Maybe. But for now, his prognostications are no more correct than anyone else’s.

He did say, after all, that this was his outlook for 2011.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Legend
    01-13-2012, 11:19 AM #10
    Peter Schiff has stated that either the Dow will tank to 1,400 or Gold will rise to $12,000 within
    the next 2 years. He is a charlatan out to sell newsletters. He got you.

Peter Schiff has NEVER TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS WILDLY WRONG PREDICTIONS. HE SIMPLY PUSHES THEM TO THE NEXT YEAR IN THE HOPE THAT ONE YEAR HE WILL BE RIGHT. HE IS A
    COWARD AND A CON ARTIST. AND YOU LIKE HIM. THAT TELLS US EVERYTHING THAT WE NEED TO
    KNOW ABOUT YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

Come on SiriuslyWrong own up to just how bad he did. You kept saying 2011 wasnt over and
    NOW IT IS.

Here is something I posted a year ago in jan. 2011 about Peter Schiff.
    Its an example of what happens when you become a rigid adherent to a right wing ideology.
    SiriuslyWrong really should be embarassed to have pushed Peter Schiffs book and his Austrian School
    of economics in this website.
    =
    01-05-2011 09:15 AM #1
    Havakasha

Peter Schiff:Economic Disaster in 2011
    Austrian School economist predicts economic doomsday scenarios for 2011.
    Anyone here believe what he has to say about interests rates going through the
    roof?

He comes in around 5:55.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9V5RuLlXtw

Peter Schiff Says U.S. is Powerless to Prevent Runaway Inflation, Silver to Soar to $100
    Commodities / Gold and Silver 2010
    Sep 12, 2010 - 01:23 AM

Peter Schiff forecasts that Silver could reach $100 following a collapse of the U.S. Dollar as he says “The United States right now is completely powerless to prevent runaway inflation”, as the U.S. continues with policies of more economic stimulus and bigger deficits.

“I think growth is real around the world and I think inflation, unfortunately, is very real. Central banks are much too easy. They’re printing much too much money.
    Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote