Page 2 of 3 123
    Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    01-15-2012, 11:48 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Someone recently pointed out an old article I wrote about Sirius XM paying more attention to social media (http://siriusbuzz.com/the-heartbeat-...-listening.php) and particularly a comment that was made on the article.

First I want to say that I think Sirius XM does a pretty good job handling social media and social support issues which, is much better for the brand (and you shareholders).

Second, here was the comment in question, which happen to be made by Relmor;

"Twitter? Come talk to me in 2 years. See who still “twitters”. LOL Dumb idea. Charles is a basher, plain and simple."

If anyone still talks to Relmor, you might want to let him know its been well over 2 years and it just so happens that both he and his website both utilize Twitter and other forms of social media. Dumb idea?

I don't really care to be honest but, it is interesting to look back at the things I was critical about and all the crap I took because of what I said, only to watch Sirius XM slowly but surely address most of those issues (some better than others).
    Tell relmor, he can kiss my ass. I will never post at his site again, They proved themselves to be dishonest and for that fact I dont deal with them. He was one of the 2 main people there that said what happen to me would never happen and I signed up. Needless to say, he was not truthful.

Mentor
    01-23-2012, 07:17 PM #12

The Big-Big Top 10 List

So . . . recall with me if you will:

Spencer Osborne says:
    August 2, 2011 at 11:01 am

"Thank you for the kind words. My target for the end of the year is $2.70 to $2.80"

. . . Well, as we all know . . . Siri closed the year at $1.82!

Now, as I promised my friend SL . . . on with "Spencer's Top 10 Excuses for his Year-End Price Target Miss"

The Top 10 List will of course be presented by Maria Menounos . . .

Mentor
    01-23-2012, 07:23 PM #13

Top Ten List - Spencer's Excuses

EXCUSE # 10

Maria . . if you please:

Spencer Osborne says:

"I never said $2.70 to $2.80. Don't try and put words in my mouth. You're not smart enough to do it."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 01-23-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Mentor
    01-23-2012, 10:04 PM #14

Insurance Post . . .

. . . in case Spencer gets his panties twisted and deletes my post:

sirius roadkill says:
    January 23, 2012 at 9:02 pm

“I always find it interesting that people tend to slam an analyst that has a conservative rating on a stock, but never once complain when an analyst issues a bullish report.”

I find it interesting that writers tend to generalize and lump their readers into a single category. For example, I was quite outspoken in my criticism of Spencer Osborn when on August 2, 2011 he issued a year-end price target of $2.70-$2.80 (the closing price on August 2 was $2.07).

I have also been quite critical of any Siri analyst employed by JP Morgan . . . regardless of the direction of the price target (impartial? unbiased? objective?)

Do we need to get into Matt Harrigan . . the shakiest gun in the west?

Do we need to get into David Bank’s repeated misses on SAC and ARPU?

Do we need to revisit Mark Wienkes?

Head Honcho
    01-24-2012, 01:09 AM #15
    I have seen just-in-case-my-comment-gets-delete posts in the forums so many times but, have never seen a comment get deleted that people try to somehow protect by posting it in two different places. We don't delete comments. It has to be spam or some kind egregious personal attack.

In other words, if you want to comment that I'm an idiot and this is why, that is fine. If you want want to use a half dozen four letter words for no reason and wish my family dead, I would probably delete that UNLESS, you could somehow make it funny (doubtful).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-24-2012, 11:03 AM #16

Top Ten List - Spencer's Excuses

Excuse # 9

Maria . . . .

Spencer Osborne says:

"ok, I admit it . . . but look, I've been on food stamps and unemployment since 2009; I was desperate for the clicks."
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 01-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Mentor
    01-24-2012, 11:18 AM #17
    Spencer says:
    January 23, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I have never seen anyone complain that a stock is manipulated when it pops up 10%. Watch a stock drop 10% and see people come out of the woodwork screaming manipulation.

Watch an analyst put up a price target of $3 and you see everyone cheer despite the fact that very few actually read the report or understand any of the logic contained in it.

I guarantee that if Morgan Stanley simply moved the price target to $2.30 that people would have had little to say. because he dared to call the equity fairly valued at this point and you have people screaming manipulation from the rooftops!

It is foolish!

3 PINOCCHIOS, 1 CONDESCENSION, 1 GUARANTEE AND 1 INSULT!

That's almost impossible in a 4 paragraph post!

Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 01-24-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Mentor
    01-24-2012, 03:16 PM #18

Rhetorical Question # 1

If the marketplace prices eggs by the dozen, why would someone valuing eggs analyze them by the pound?

Mentor
    01-24-2012, 03:20 PM #19

Rhetorical Question # 2

If the New England Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens and advance to the Superbowl based on a blown call, are fans of the New England Patriots required to "cry foul" and complain about the poor officiating?

Mentor
    01-24-2012, 07:14 PM #20

Guess Where this is Headed?

Spencer says:
    January 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm
    "Unfortunately I think that management is so focused on getting every penny on the balance sheet to look good . . ."

Don't say I didn't warn you when the "Q-4 CC - A Closer Look" article comes out next month . . . the cake has already been baked!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 01-24-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Page 2 of 3 123