Page 1 of 3 123
    Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    01-03-2012, 04:21 PM #1

Siri Stock Thread Jan 2012

ho, i guess the moderators are too busy to start the thread

Guru
    01-04-2012, 06:35 PM #2
    Ho, breaking news, new article!! SIRI beat sub guidence for 2011. Tomorrow should be a nice day. Up 5 cents in after market.

Love that $2.00 mark. It just seems so nice on those nickel shares I'm holding.

Head Honcho
    01-05-2012, 03:36 PM #3
    I knew when Sirius and XM merged there would be separate satellite feeds for years to come but, what is the holdup with this now, one company, offering multi radio discounts across the Sirius and XM platforms? I know this has been an issue for quite some time but my buddy just ran into it after purchasing a new car and like many people who are voicing their displeasure with their wallets (see: verizon & godaddy) he too has decided make his voice heard. Not only did he not get a sub on the new vehicle but, he also cancelled his existing xm account.

I wonder how many more subs Sirius XM would have if they could find some way to be a decent natured company and show some goodwill to its subscribers. We live in a day and age where one bad slip-up can have serious implications on a company and, for you investors, a stock price. I have never pulled so hard for a company to be loved but, it is clear, Sirius XM does not care about the public opinion.

BTW, you don't need to be a moderator to start the thread. Thank you for making it happen.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-05-2012, 04:09 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I knew when Sirius and XM merged there would be separate satellite feeds for years to come but, what is the holdup with this now, one company, offering multi radio discounts across the Sirius and XM platforms? I know this has been an issue for quite some time but my buddy just ran into it after purchasing a new car and like many people who are voicing their displeasure with their wallets (see: verizon & godaddy) he too has decided make his voice heard. Not only did he not get a sub on the new vehicle but, he also cancelled his existing xm account.

I wonder how many more subs Sirius XM would have if they could find some way to be a decent natured company and show some goodwill to its subscribers. We live in a day and age where one bad slip-up can have serious implications on a company and, for you investors, a stock price. I have never pulled so hard for a company to be loved but, it is clear, Sirius XM does not care about the public opinion.

BTW, you don't need to be a moderator to start the thread. Thank you for making it happen.
    $2.00

Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit-Bag, and Smile, Smile, Smile . . . and enjoy a little Maria
    Attached Images Attached Images

Head Honcho
    01-05-2012, 04:14 PM #5
    That stock price does not solve the problem.

BTW, as a long investor I am more concerned with growth and their lackluster churn rate. I have never day traded this stock so, you can understand why a 10% pop doesn't matter to me. I'm happy for anyone who made money but, I am more concerned with the longterm success of this company.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-05-2012, 05:57 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    That stock price does not solve the problem.

BTW, as a long investor I am more concerned with growth and their lackluster churn rate. I have never day traded this stock so, you can understand why a 10% pop doesn't matter to me. I'm happy for anyone who made money but, I am more concerned with the longterm success of this company.
    Hm?

540,000 Subs added in Q4 "doesn't matter" to you?

Anyway . . . "growth" and "churn" are relative metrics . . . "20% EBITDA Growth" and a "1.8% Churn" make Siri a leader within its peer group . . . you can look that up.

In fact, here . . . I'll give you a head-start . . . here's an excellent assessment by a very well-respected media journalist who works for a little internet publication you may have heard of:

Sirius XM Q2 Preview – What To Expect

August 2, 2010 (7:15 am) Spencer

Sirius XM will be announcing their Q2 earnings on August 4, 2010. The call has been highly anticipated by investors ever since the company pre-announced the addition of 583,000 subscribers, a fantastic churn rate of 1.8%, and an OEM conversion rate that is edging toward 50%. The anticipation is further heightened by what are supposed to be great auto sales figures for July of 2010. In many ways, this call is setting up to be a good one, but as usual, it is about the metrics all showing strong positives.

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-q2-p...-to-expect.php
    “Based on preliminary subscriber data, we are very pleased to announce that SiriusXM exceeded its subscriber guidance for the year. Our subscriber growth accelerated in 2011 as net additions grew approximately 20%, delivering our best year for net additions since the merger and demonstrating the strong continuing demand for our unmatched audio content,” said Mel Karmazin, Chief Executive Officer, SiriusXM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 01-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Head Honcho
    01-05-2012, 07:47 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Hm?

540,000 Subs added in Q4 "doesn't matter" to you?
    No, sorry. When I first purchased Sirius back in 05 I assumed they (now combined with XM) would have at least 30 million (closer to 40) subscribers by now. I still believe that better CS, PR, apps, and hardware could have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Anyway . . . "growth" and "churn" are relative metrics . . . "20% EBITDA Growth" and a "1.8% Churn" make Siri a leader within its peer group . . . you can look that up.
    I am looking for subscriber growth, I am worried looooong term. BTW, that 1.8% is bullshit, we all know that. I hate the way they count subs and I hate the way they leave radios turned on.

I'm not arguing that they weren't successful by Wall Street standards, like I said, congrats to all who have gained another 10%... I want another 500%.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-10-2012, 04:22 PM #8
    I see Spencer has a new article out touting the virtues of Slacker . . . seems like only yesterday he was touting the virtues of Pandora . . . now barely a peep?

Makes you wonder why . . . not.

Head Honcho
    01-10-2012, 04:35 PM #9
    I don't think Pandora has dropped any great groundbreaking news. Slacker keeps adding new content. Plus, Spencer has always been a fan of Slacker over Pandora. I am as well. I still can't figure out why Pandora is the household name, Slacker is the better service.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    01-15-2012, 02:54 AM #10
    Someone recently pointed out an old article I wrote about Sirius XM paying more attention to social media (http://siriusbuzz.com/the-heartbeat-...-listening.php) and particularly a comment that was made on the article.

First I want to say that I think Sirius XM does a pretty good job handling social media and social support issues which, is much better for the brand (and you shareholders).

Second, here was the comment in question, which happen to be made by Relmor;

"Twitter? Come talk to me in 2 years. See who still “twitters”. LOL Dumb idea. Charles is a basher, plain and simple."

If anyone still talks to Relmor, you might want to let him know its been well over 2 years and it just so happens that both he and his website both utilize Twitter and other forms of social media. Dumb idea?

I don't really care to be honest but, it is interesting to look back at the things I was critical about and all the crap I took because of what I said, only to watch Sirius XM slowly but surely address most of those issues (some better than others).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 3 123