Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    12-26-2011, 11:19 PM #1

GOP "Class Warfare" Argument a Dud

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-rhetoric.html
    It seems the GOP “class warfare” argument has been a dud. True, most Americans don’t begrudge rich people their largesse, nor should they, if it is lawfully earned. What is unseemly is the GOP’s insistence in treating the well off as though they matter more than the middle class. Most Americans just want a fair shake, and there is nothing fair about insisting that tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires are necessary and don’t need to be paid for, and then turn around and try to block a middle-class tax cut and complain that it’s not paid for.

Furthermore, it doesn’t take a genius to see that the Bush tax cuts have been in effect for 10 years and the middle class is still waiting to be “trickled down” upon by the wealthy.

Even millionaire Republican presidential candidates like Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich seem to sense something is amiss in the American economic structure, as evidenced by their recent Kinsley gaffes, which acknowledged that the super rich aren’t always the magnificent benefactors or “job creators” the GOP tries to pawn them off as. Yeah, I’m talking about you, Mitt Romney.

Too bad for them that embracing reality counts as being “off message” in the Republican Party.

Legend
    01-09-2012, 11:29 PM #2
    As I was saying.....

Legend
    01-10-2012, 10:58 AM #3
    Take it away John Stewart....

"The Daily Show" kicked things off this week with a look at Saturday's umpteenth GOP presidential debate in New Hampshire (as well as the ensuing debate 12 hours later) and how the rest of the candidates have been treating frontrunner Mitt Romney ahead of today's primary.

While there has been much infighting among the six remaining candidates, Jon Stewart realized Monday night that there's one thing they pretty much can all agree on: "Class warfare" against the rich -- excuse me, job creators -- is wrong, unless we're talking about Mitt Romney.

Amidst talk of lower taxes, deregulation and unlimited corporate campaign funding, the candidates, especially Newt Gingrich, have gone against those views to criticize Romney's wealth. Gingrich himself said Romney should give back the sums he gained by laying people off, which sounds specifically like a liberal-minded redistribution of wealth to Stewart.

"Welcome, comrade!" Stewart joked.

So what exactly instigated this hypocritical behavior? Gingrich's biggest complaint is that Romney's attack ads -- funded by his unlimited PAC money -- are not fair. But a quick reel showing the rest of the GOP candidates' economic views proves that not only is what Romney's doing "fair" by their standards, but that he's really the "pure distillation of Republican economic policy" and the very picture of Gingrich's platforms.

"You're mad at Mitt Romney? For God sakes, it's like Mitt Romney answered the Republicans' eHarmony ad and now you're saying it's unfair, that it's not what you meant," Stewart said.
    To finish his point, Stewart whipped out his spot-on Woody Allen impression (which is a must-see). Watch the full segment above.
    Click on link to watch the video clips.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1196232.html

Legend
    01-23-2012, 05:20 PM #4
    Its a DUD, SiriuslyWRONG. Didnt you get the memo?

You watching the Repubican debate tonight?

Guru
    01-23-2012, 05:32 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Its a DUD, SiriuslyWRONG. Didnt you get the memo?

You watching the Repubican debate tonight?
    Not likely. I can't vote in the republican primary.

Legend
    01-23-2012, 05:34 PM #6
    I cant vote either but I am watching it

Surprised since you are such a Ron Paul and Peter Schiff fan.

Also you will get to see Romney use the class warfare argument
    and maybe even call President Obama a Sociaist.
    Should give you an erection for sure.

Legend
    01-23-2012, 06:39 PM #7
    Doesnt that excite you?

Legend
    01-26-2012, 06:07 PM #8
    In case you didnt see it, I think Romney got to Gingrich.

Legend
    01-26-2012, 06:44 PM #9
    Well, what you think?

Page 1 of 2 12