View Poll Results: How does it all end?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approval under Martin's propsal.

0 0%
  • Approval under Tate's (hypothetical) proposal.

13 92.86%
  • Approval under Adelstein's proposal.

0 0%
  • One or both of the companies walks away from the deal.

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 12
    07-23-2008, 06:13 PM #11
    All I gotta say is .. what a day!!

Let's hope it halts early before all the BS settles in. I have a feeling it will.

Enthusiast
    07-23-2008, 06:14 PM #12

Republicans Held House and Senate Majorities

IIRC, R's held majorities in both houses when the merger was announced. I haven't checked I could be wrong, but I digress. Congress had no control over DOJ and FCC anyway. Sure there were individual congressmen with personal agendas who pissed and moaned, but ultimately, all the decision making was controlled by Republicans. Sidebar: My personal view was that a merger between the two was very likely. That was my mistake b/c I bought both stocks too early and too high.

One thing I alluded to that needs a sharper point is that the Bush Admin (including their DOJ and the FCC) have demonstrated that they have been unduly influenced by corporate and individual cronyism. For example: Kevin's wife worked for Cheeny. Cheeny loved him some Clear Channel and it's war rallies. Whos' your buddy?

I maintain that the weak-kneed Democrats had very little to do with the drag on the merger.

Guru
    07-23-2008, 09:13 PM #13
    deewcom said:

"IIRC, R's held majorities in both houses when the merger was announced. I haven't checked I could be wrong."

Trust me you are wrong. You do realize the last elections were 2006 and the swearing in of the new congress/senate was in Jan, 2007. The merger was not even talked about till what Feb. 2007 so the democrats had majorities in both Houses. I have to say you are ether uninformed or you are purposely blinded to the fact that the democrats have been in control of congress for the last 2 years and are responsible for the crap that has happened for the last 2 years. You really should take those blinders off and join the republican party

deewcom said:

"Congress had no control over DOJ and FCC anyway. Sure there were individual congressmen with personal agendas who pissed and moaned, but ultimately, all the decision making was controlled by Republicans."

Have you ever heard of "oversite commitees". You dont remember the trouble congress caused the FCC when they voted along party lines to change the rules to make it easyer for different types of media to intermerge. Hell they tried to cut their funding off. I dont know how old you are but you have alot to learn on this subject.

You people just amaze me. Yea blame the ones that actually are in favor of the merger and not the ones voting against it. Yea that makes alot of sense.

As to why this merger took so long I will get into latter after approval. But lets put it this way, we would be dam lucky if it gets approved. By the way no thanks to the democrats. You better check which party most of the state AGs were in, you better check which party most of the congressmen/senators are in, you better check which party the only 2 FCC commisioners are in, that ether wrote antimerger letters or spoke to the FCC about conditions that would not be acceptable to SIRI/XMSR for a merger or JUST FLAT OUT VOTED AGAINST IT. But yea, blame the republicans for this hold up, dont blame the democrats that has actively worked against it. If you truely believe what you said you are a moron.

deewcom said:

"I maintain that the weak-kneed Democrats had very little to do with the drag on the merger."

This statement is just delusional on its face, after everything they have done to try and stop this merger. You make it look like the democrats just sat back and waited. That could not have been farther from the truth, and only someone blind, deaf, and dumb, or a democrat, could think that after all that has happened.

It is no wonder why, Obama can slap you in the face, and each time you guys say; thank you sir can I have another. Lets see he has said we gling to our guns, and bibles,(thank you sir can I have another). He says he is embaressed because we are to dumb to know a second language (thank you sir can I have another). He writes "A white mans greed ruins a land in need" (thank you sir can I have another). I could go on and on and you people keep saying thank you sir can I have another.

07-23-2008, 09:39 PM #14

Tate wants a $20 million fine

Deborah Tate said today that she would like to see a $20 million fine imposed on Sirius and XM for past violations. If that's how much her votes going to cost I think Mel will agree to it. Looks like were over the hurdle!

Enthusiast
    07-23-2008, 09:43 PM #15

I Stand By My Previous Remarks

I shall leave you to confirm your own allegations. You have not provided anything that can be verified without research. You should support your own arguments. What I stated can be easily and quickly verified. You would do well to abandon the name calling if you wish to win others to your way of thinking.

The oversight committee meetings have resulted in nothing. No consequences, No penalties. Nothing but a show. The Democrats have been totally toothless. Again, my position stands where you make allegations from left field. You even talk about Obama who has nothing to do with this issue.

All for naught. Screw it. No one here will change anyone else's mind. The name calling though is unnecessary and a sign of the loser of an argument.

We're both for a merged SIRI/XM so lets agree to disagree.

Guru
    07-23-2008, 10:38 PM #16
    Well, deewcom when I see an idiot I call him an idiot. You have been proven wrong on the most simple thing, that any retard would know. That being the congressional elections, and when they took control, and when the merger was anounced.

Because you dont want to believe me, why dont you ask Tyler what he thinks about the political pressure, and how that has slowed this merger. You could just listen to his Blog cast at Sirius Buzz Radio, go through the old shows it has been talked about many times. Why it took so long and why the political climate slowed this merger.

Toothless, yea well I guess if you consider them trying to cut the FCCs funding and over turning the intermerger between different medias decision, toohtless then you are right. The problem is, I cant think of anyone but an idiot, that would think that was toothless.

As for the Obama thing, excuse me but to be honest I would rather lose the money I have in SIRI/XMSR, then see this country go to pot because people like you cant see the facts when they are right infront of them.

As for the insults, I do them, because it boogles my mind that there are people that are as stupid as you are out there. It is morons like you that get others killed, because they dont know whats going on around them. I usually dont have to resort to insults until I have told an idiot 3 times to get the hell out of there, cant you see they are pouring cement, as its touching his feet. So I dont resort to insults unless I am talking to a nit-wit. So in closing Yes I call a a person a nit-wit and other things when I have proven him wrong time and time again and he still doesn't get it. Just like that nit-wit I had to tell to get the hell out of the way 3 times as his feet start to get covered in cement, by your assertion I was on the losing side of that arguement also. Hence, why you are an idiot.

Page 2 of 2 12