Page 1 of 3 123
    Head Honcho
    12-05-2011, 08:15 PM #1

SIRI Stock Thread Dec 2011

Pandora turned in a profit and their time spent listening was up... discuss.

After what happened with NFLX, how much is too much for SIRI? Am I the only one that thinks this next price increase is the beginning of the end? How much are people willing to pay for radio? I already dropped a sub on my not-a-daily-driver.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    12-06-2011, 10:16 AM #2
    Ho, what an outrage this massive price increase is Charles. Maybe you and Tyler should stat an occupy siri movement or pitch tents at mels condo to protest this evel corporate greed

Head Honcho
    12-06-2011, 04:20 PM #3
    Its the third time in four years that my bill has gone up. It's strange to me that Netflix got killed for not even raising prices for the majority of their users (my bill went down (like most others)) yet everyone is letting Sirius XM get away with saying that this is the first increase in a decade (its not).

That said, who cares about the increase, my question is, how much is too much? Frear is already talking about future increases. My question is, how much is too much for radio? $20? $22? $24?

$16 per month was enough to cause an exodus from Netflix.

BTW, I don't mind price increases, I just don't see any added value from SIRI. If anything, I have lost value.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    12-07-2011, 11:18 AM #4
    I just have to say you 99%'ers make me laugh. you own 2 cars, pay insurance on 2 cars, pay maintence on 2 cars, have a large flat screen tv and a $150 a month cable bill . . but a couple extra bucks for siri breaks the bank.

Head Honcho
    12-07-2011, 04:28 PM #5
    You're deflecting.

The rate increase didn't break the bank, I still pay for Sirius XM, it just didn't make sense to keep it in a car that I often drive less than three times per month.

I think the question, how much is too much, is an important question for investors to ask. Do you want to be holding this stock if there is an exodus like Netflix? I'm not even saying this latest hike will do that, I am just asking, what is the magic number? My Netflix bill went down $2 per month while Netflix's stock went down $220.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    12-15-2011, 09:41 PM #6
    If Howard plays this right, Americas Got Talent could easily turn into a season long commercial for Sirius XM. I hope he doesn't come across as cheesy.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    12-19-2011, 01:12 PM #7
    Poll on yahoo is unfavorable 62% think it won't work, 38% do. Time will tell. I won't watch it because I've never watched it, but my wife will because of Howard.

I only hope it works out so SIRI gets exposure and my shares appreciate.

Head Honcho
    12-19-2011, 04:57 PM #8
    With Howard being on Sirius for 6 years now, I wonder if there is a whole generation growing up that has no idea who he even is. When I was in high school, everyone listened to him on the way to school, now... who knows. Maybe this might spark a renewed interest.... or maybe he will fall flat, who knows.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    12-20-2011, 07:51 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    If Howard plays this right, Americas Got Talent could easily turn into a season long commercial for Sirius XM. I hope he doesn't come across as cheesy.
    Howard Stern named judge of 'America's Got Talent'

Howard Stern will replace Piers Morgan as a judge on "America's Got Talent," the shock jock confirmed Thursday. The NBC talent show will be moved to New York, and Stern is expected to begin taping the series in February, The Wall Street Journal reported.

"I take judging very seriously," Stern told his radio show listeners, adding, "In order to up my credibility, I will wear a suit."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...#ixzz1h7cq7z75

Mentor
    12-20-2011, 07:56 PM #10

Big Year-End Special

Keep an eye out for a big-big Sirius Buzz New Year special . . . Spencer's Top 10 Reasons for the "miss" on his $2.70-$2.80 year-end price target!

coming soon

in the mean time . . . please check out the "He Hate Me Thread" for all of the latest dirty deeds done dirt cheap

Here's a little sample of what you can expect:

Spencer says:

"Relmor…..

You are so misinformed it is almost funny. You truly are gettiong more and more clueless as the days pass"
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 12-20-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123