Page 2 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    07-20-2008, 06:29 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by deewcom View Post
    New channel slots need to be created, and that would mean that receivers would need updating.

It is more likely a sign that there will be some work happening, and Sirius wants Ford to know about it so that they can respond to inquiries with the correct information. The updates, and informing users of the updates is a responsible course of action.

Interoperable? IMO no. Prudent preparation? IMO yes.

OTOH, It would be neither prudent nor cost effective to make changes now that would be nullified by a merger denial. Somebody at SIRI (maybe its just ol' Mel) is positive about gaining merger approval soon. There is absolutely no need for new channel slots (in particular) and the requisite receiver updating without the merger.
    I just thought of something just follow me

The second yes vote was the 11th
    Ten Days away from that is the 21st
    The update is planned on the 22nd

We in essence know 3 votes

The Two Republicans and one Democrat (Copps)

What the odds Copps or the other democrat voted between the 17th of last month and the 11th of this month

07-20-2008, 06:36 PM #12
    Anyone know if the ten day window is business or calendar days?

Enthusiast
    07-20-2008, 06:40 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    Anyone know if the ten day window is business or calendar days?
    Well see this is why i think its calender days, the 15th the news came out about Martin approving the merger, it didn't get passed around on the sites till the 16th

Look at the early time orbitcast posted martins approval

Monday, June 16, 2008 at 4:36 AM

the url shows the 15th on the Washington Post Article about his approval

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...rss_technology
    Last edited by demonotaku; 07-20-2008 at 06:45 PM.

07-20-2008, 06:50 PM #14
    I don't follow. Where are you going with that?

Enthusiast
    07-20-2008, 07:00 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    I don't follow. Where are you going with that?
    I'm saying look at the Time table , the martin stuff was just about the reasonableness of FCC counting week ends in the 10 day window.

but if you follow that the 2nd yes vote was on the 11th and the update is the 22nd, we all know Sirius wouldn't release such a giant update if there was a hope of the merger not approving

Head Honcho
    07-20-2008, 07:55 PM #16

ten day windo

The 10 day window is business days from the date that the third vote is cast. We know of Martin and McDowell casting votes thus far.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    07-20-2008, 08:06 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    The 10 day window is business days from the date that the third vote is cast. We know of Martin and McDowell casting votes thus far.
    Well if that's the case, it doesn't make sense with the update time line, why release such a huge update if the merger won't be approved. The update isn't just a small channel change, it must be massive and related to the Merger for it to be 5 hrs long.

07-20-2008, 08:25 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Do you think Tate would ever vote privately, and then explain her position after the fact when the merger decision is made public? Or are we expecting to see a press release a la Adelstein?

It would be interesting to see how the market responds to news like that. If she releases any kind of support statement, or her own proposal, that's as good as saying. Satellite radio here is your deal, take it or walk.

07-20-2008, 08:32 PM #19
    I wish Copps would just vote no already, but he probably wants to drag this out further.

Enthusiast
    07-20-2008, 08:38 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlite View Post
    I wish Copps would just vote no already, but he probably wants to drag this out further.
    What if Copps Voted Privately?

Page 2 of 3 123