Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    11-03-2011, 12:24 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Lets be honest, you only posted about GE because Immelt was working with Obama. Other than that you published nothing like what I published today. Sorry but its clearly a double standard very similar to how you approached the subject of climate change, alternative energy, Peter Schiff, etc. etc.
    Your passion for corporate tax evasion is how should i say.... LACKING the strength of your other passions. Lmfao.

Yes you suggested that maybe it was understandable that they couldnt pay federal income tax, but then you questioned why you had said that. Then you continued on and on about those Repulican talking points about %'s of people that dont pay federal income tax. You just cant hide your natural biases. So dont try.
    Immelt the democrat tax evader.... Glad to see at least you remembered. No, I haven't published what you have today. You are great!!

So you call this non partisan source of information a republican talking point? http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html. The republicans may use these facts to support their argument, just as you would use facts to support yours. What's the beef?

My natural bias is admittidly conservative / libertarian, but I consistently test out as a centrist on typology tests. So what?

Legend
    11-03-2011, 12:24 PM #12
    Ok. I am now going to be very busy researching the flat tax. Looking forward to discussing that one.How much is a "little more". He He

I caught you trying to play the Immelt card. Shame on you. lol.
    Immelt is discussed in the article I posted silly.
    No i am not great. Just a little more honest and consistent about what I believe.
    Just look again at your Climate change, Peter Schiff, alternative energy,Obama posts,
    and wealthy and corporate tax positions. You obviously come out to the right on all
    these issues but ocassionally try to pretend your centrist.
    Its pretty clear.

Yes we know all about your natural bias. Its been on display here. Its ok. Just dont try to
    hide from it.
    Your are almost always on the side of the Republican Party's position. Earth to SiriuslyWrong.
    Most Conservatives are part of the Republcan Party.

A centrist? Thats really funny. Good try.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 11-04-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Guru
    11-03-2011, 12:38 PM #13
    A centrist? Thats really funny. Good try.
    Yeah, dissppointed me too. I'd like to be polarized like you are.

Why would I try to hide it?

So when republicans use facts it's misinformation?

Yes, I know many conservatives are republicans, as are many liberals democrats, duh.

I think Forbes is very outspoken about a flat tax. I googled "Forbes flat tax" and here are the results - http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1216&bih=602

DOH, it's a lot of republicans.........................

Legend
    11-03-2011, 12:50 PM #14
    "i like to be polarized like you are". You do it without even copying. Dont you dare try to
    flatter me. he he.

What was the "little more" tax rate you wanted for the upper income people?

Yes of course you are a Republican flat taxer (more or less). Hint: We all know. Its ok you dont have to pretend ANYMORE.

Facts are facts and distortion is distortion. You unfortunately are often quoting from distortionists (yes i created a new word). ex: your discussion of the 47% not paying federal income tax was an attempt to hide the truth behind those statistics.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 11-04-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Guru
    11-03-2011, 12:53 PM #15
    Ok. I am now going to be very busy researching the flat tax. Looking forward to discussing that one.How much is a "little more". He He.
    Well, since I am on record of exempting low earners, they will pay 0%, that way every other tax payer will pay infinitly more due to the mathamatical result of dividing any number by 0.

Let's just set the top rate to 15% with some stratifcations such that a proforma revenue would be increased 5, 10, 15, 20%..... over the base case (i.e. more tax revenue generated).

If the proforma doesn't show the results you need it to, then bump up the top rate to 20% and try it again. If 20% doesn't get you where you want to be, try 25% - eventually, you will find a result. The key is limiting / eliminating deductions, and paying the "flat rate" on all earnings.

Legend
    11-03-2011, 12:57 PM #16
    I appreciate you putting your beliefs down here. Seriously. Lets all look into it and see what we find. Good luck.

P.S. Sure seems like you are not actually proposing a flat tax afterall.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 11-04-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Guru
    11-03-2011, 01:02 PM #17
    "i like to be polarized like you are". You do it without even copying. Dont you dare try to
    flatter me. he he.

What was the "little more" tax rate you wanted for the upper income people?

Yes of course your a Republican flat taxer. Hint. We all know. Its ok you dont have to pretend ANYMORE.

Facts are facts and distortion is distortion. You unfortunately are often quoting from distortionists (yes i created a new word). ex: your 47% not paying federal income tax was a true distortion of
    what the true situation is.
    Are you calling the National Taxpayers Union amongst many liars? That's pretty bold.

http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

Legend
    11-04-2011, 10:21 AM #18
    Im calling you and many other Republicans distorters of the facts on income tax issues. I have proven it in several threads and will continue to do so when you distort the facts again. Werent you one of those that said the corporate tax rate was 35% and among the highest in the world but
    conveniently ignored the deductions that this thread speaks to.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/big...3?pagenumber=2

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — The official federal corporate income tax rate in the U.S. is 35%, but plenty of the nation’s largest publicly traded companies are paying no taxes — even getting money back from the government in some cases — in years when they reap big profits, according to a new report.

Thirty of the 280 Fortune 500 companies studied paid zero in federal income taxes or enjoyed tax rebates in 2008, 2009 and 2010, according to the study by the left-leaning Citizens for Tax Justice, a Washington-based nonprofit research and advocacy group, and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research group.

And 78 of the 280 companies paid nothing in federal income taxes or enjoyed a tax rebate in at least one of those years. Those 78 companies, including General Electric Co. GE -1.68% and Pepco Holdings Inc. POM -1.46% , earned a total of $156 billion in pretax U.S. profits in the years they paid no income tax, yet received so many tax breaks that they reported negative taxes — a total of negative $22 billion, the study said.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 11-04-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Guru
    11-04-2011, 02:28 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Are you calling the National Taxpayers Union amongst many liars? That's pretty bold.

http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html
    What is there to distort about this table?

Regarding your question about corporate tax rates, I didn't know the rate was 35% until very recently. In fact, I think it was brought up in one of the You Tube clips I posted. I do know that GE try's like hell, and succeeds in reducing their rate as we discussed.

Is this a new target of the left? It was "big oil" earlier in the year. Now with OWS, I can see the left seizing the day to make a pitch to go after ALL corporate money now. Does it ever grow old constantly pining for the federal government to confiscate so and so's earnings??

Legend
    11-04-2011, 03:36 PM #20
    A lot obviously. The distortion comes in when you take a rate and extrapolate from it without indicating all the facts surrounding it. Thats how statistics are used to lie. As I have pointed out the 47% (figures vary depending on who you talk to) is made up ofmany people who couldnt possibly pay any federal income tax ($20,000 income for a family of 4) Many are seniors and super low income people. Second, many of those who dont pay federal income tax pay many other taxes. Some Republicans have even been known to imply those 47% dont pay ANY taxes period. An obvious distortion. So when Republicans talk about all the people who dont pay "any taxes" you know theyare lying for political reasons.

You never said or posted anything about the U.S. having among the highest corporate tax rates? This has been a prevalent discussion in the news for the past 3 years or more. You are not that ignorant are you?
    Do you know anyone else besides GE that succeeds in reducing their rate. It seems to me that for someone who SAYS (and is obviously lying in my opinion) he is non political you certainly demonstrate a certain affinity (lol) for very political posts.

No its not a NEW target. I think you feign too much lack of knowledge about the issues of the day. I can easily demonstrate how many years this discussion has gone on. Even your favorite "economist" Peter Schiff has talked about this subject. You jiving and
    hiding again?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 11-04-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 123