Page 1 of 2 12
    Banned
    07-18-2008, 07:31 PM #1

American Public Media states today:

The public interest set-aside should be “open access”: free to the public and to content producers. All satellite radio owners should receive this content without a subscription fee and the content should be distributed without fee by XM-Sirius.

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...ent=6520034745

I cannot believe this....goes right along with Tylers article today...they want commercial radio and sirius has to supply it whether the customer pays their bill or not! Unreal!
    Last edited by crfceo; 07-19-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: fix link

07-18-2008, 07:52 PM #2
    Did you put the wrong link here by mistake? I don't see any of this in the link. They want the hd chip, 25% sprectrum put aside and they don't want the tv counted as sprectrum.
    I don't see any of this in there---The public interest set-aside should be “open access”: free to the public and to content producers. All satellite radio owners should receive this content without a subscription fee and the content should be distributed without fee by XM-Sirius.

Enthusiast
    07-18-2008, 08:38 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett1965 View Post
    Did you put the wrong link here by mistake? I don't see any of this in the link. They want the hd chip, 25% sprectrum put aside and they don't want the tv counted as sprectrum.
    I don't see any of this in there---The public interest set-aside should be “open access”: free to the public and to content producers. All satellite radio owners should receive this content without a subscription fee and the content should be distributed without fee by XM-Sirius.
    So, basically you support the FCC taking away 7-10 Billion dollars worth of spectrum?

07-18-2008, 09:38 PM #4
    How did you come to that conclusion? Of course not. I was pointing out that the link must be wrong. It states none of what he claims. We all make mistakes from time to time.

07-19-2008, 08:49 AM #5
    DUDE! The link works fine. Where in the link does it say ANYTHING that you claim it says? I'm all for the merger and hope we get a yes Monday morning so help me see what you state is in that link.

Again, none of this is in there---------------The public interest set-aside should be “open access”: free to the public and to content producers. All satellite radio owners should receive this content without a subscription fee and the content should be distributed without fee by XM-Sirius.

07-19-2008, 08:55 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett1965 View Post
    DUDE! The link works fine. Where in the link does it say ANYTHING that you claim it says? I'm all for the merger and hope we get a yes Monday morning so help me see what you state is in that link.

Again, none of this is in there---------------The public interest set-aside should be “open access”: free to the public and to content producers. All satellite radio owners should receive this content without a subscription fee and the content should be distributed without fee by XM-Sirius.

So it would be okay for a minority group to clone the subscription channels with their spectrum?

07-19-2008, 09:29 AM #7
    Is this site for pumpers only? If so I'll leave now. Someone had to read the link and see it does not state what the original claim is. And the answer is NO to your question, buddy. I am just trying to get factual info. Not blind pumping.

Banned
    07-19-2008, 09:30 AM #8
    There were 2 filings and I did put the wrong link. I have now corrected it, sorry for the confusion...please feel free to have a look...I was extremely busy yesterday trying to get a video uploaded while trying to post stuff...

07-19-2008, 11:52 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by crfceo View Post
    The public interest set-aside should be “open access”: free to the public and to content producers. All satellite radio owners should receive this content without a subscription fee and the content should be distributed without fee by XM-Sirius.

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...ent=6520034745

I cannot believe this....goes right along with Tylers article today...they want commercial radio and sirius has to supply it whether the customer pays their bill or not! Unreal!
    Isn't the public access set-aside different than the minority ownership issue? Public access is going to be the C-SPAN, educational, etc. part of the combined company. Minority ownership is going to be leased airspace. I don't think that phrase is referencing "commercial radio".

07-19-2008, 12:11 PM #10
    Thanks CRF, I thought I was going crazy there for a minute.

There is no way that they should even be considering this. It's nuts! What will they think of next? The only thing I see Mel bending on at this point is the set aside, and IMHO we will probably end up at 15% total. What I don't know and maybe you have an answer to is, Will Sirius get paid for giving up these channels by way of leasing them out? Or do you think it will end up being a freebie? I can't seem to find a real answer for this question. If when it's all said and done we get the merger OK AND we get to make some dough through leasing out stations that will be redundant anyway then it's all good, right?

Page 1 of 2 12