Page 1 of 3 123
    01-04-2008, 09:04 PM #1

Sirius install using factory antenna 07 dodge ram

Thought I would post some pics of my install on my 07 Ram. I had a cable made to use the factory antenna so I didn't have to use the magnet one. Also, hardwired the power into the cig lighter and used a aux cable for the best sound. Any ?'s or comments would be great!! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Head Honcho
    01-04-2008, 09:17 PM #2
    Looks like you never plan on hitting those terrestrial radio buttons ever again!

Nice job man. I thought my install on my jeep install was a little clever and out of the norm much like yours. I hope others will share their installs, as this kind of info is great for anyone who is this facing this integration challenge.

If you do any others or have any friends doing the same thing be sure to have them post. It would be awesome to be able to showcase as many makes an models as possible for the rest of the net.

Thanks again and welcome to the forum.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-04-2008, 09:23 PM #3
    Well done mbrady, leaps and bounds better than sticking it to your windshield and letting your wires hang all over the place. All it takes is a little creativity people!

11-24-2008, 02:30 AM #4
    how did you make the cable to use the factory antenna? I have a g37 that has a factory XM antenna and reciever in the trunk. I know you can switch out the reciever to a Sirius unit but you have to run another sirius antenna. It would be nice if you could just use the XM antenna that is allready on teh roof..

04-17-2009, 01:42 PM #5

yeah, how about that antenna adapter???

I want to use my stock (factory installed) antenna for my aftermarket sirius tuner cuz my cheap A$$ doesn't want to pay for another subscription. Where can i get an antenna adapter??
    Ken

Enthusiast
    04-17-2009, 05:48 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrady8 View Post
    Thought I would post some pics of my install on my 07 Ram. I had a cable made to use the factory antenna so I didn't have to use the magnet one. Also, hardwired the power into the cig lighter and used a aux cable for the best sound. Any ?'s or comments would be great!! Thanks
    OK, let me get this right, you used a Factory Car Antenna to pick up SXM?
    I didn't even know this was Possible, unless your saying you used a SAT-Factory-installed car-antenna, and not a REG-AM/FM one? if it's a Factory-installed SAT antenna, then just disregard this post of mine......
    Last edited by denb45; 04-17-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-27-2009, 03:16 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    OK, let me get this right, you used a Factory Car Antenna to pick up SXM?
    I didn't even know this was Possible, unless your saying you used a SAT-Factory-installed car-antenna, and not a REG-AM/FM one? if it's a Factory-installed SAT antenna, then just disregard this post of mine......
    He used the factory sat antenna on his car. There are different adapters available depending upon what car you have that will enable you to use your stock sat antenna. What car do you have and does it have a factory sat antenna?

Enthusiast
    04-28-2009, 01:17 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by my name is matt View Post
    He used the factory sat antenna on his car. There are different adapters available depending upon what car you have that will enable you to use your stock sat antenna. What car do you have and does it have a factory sat antenna?
    Humm.........I though depending on what service you have XM or SRI, that you needed an XM-antenna for that service, or a SRI-antenna for that service, my friend tried to do that, and he had a XM OEM factory antenna, in a used car, that didn't have the OEM-Sat-radio in it, (he bought it that way) just a REG-Radio, so he bought a SIR-Starmate-radio, and it didn't work very well, with that XM Oem factory antenna, so, he ended up using the car-antenna that came with his startmate, and that worked Great, I'm not saying, this won't work, but, I'm only giving one scenario where this didn't work
    Last edited by denb45; 04-28-2009 at 01:23 PM.

05-04-2009, 11:23 AM #9
    We have an '07 Dodge Ram and we would like to use the factory installed sirius antenna with my starmate 4. Can anyone tell me where to get a cable to run off the receiver and into the starmate?

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 01:48 PM #10
    Is it a factory receiver? You will need an aux input either in the front (headphone jack) or the rear of the unit (rca jack) but, these are not common on factory radios. If it had a cd changer jack in the back of it you could probably get a cd to rca cable adapter and run an rca to headphone cable from there. I actually use an rca-to-headphone to plug my sportster into the back of receiver. I hope I understood your question... feel free to elaborate.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 1 of 3 123