Legend
    09-20-2011, 04:55 PM #1

Clinton: GOP Climate Deniers

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ke.php?ref=fpb

I couldnt agree more with President Clinton on this issue. S&L just Has NO opinion whatsover. Yeah, right. Lmfao.

Clinton Says GOP Climate Deniers Making The U.S. ‘Look Like A Joke’
    David Taintor | September 20, 2011, 2:59PM

Former President Bill Clinton has some tough words for Republican climate-change deniers: quit making the U.S. "look like a joke."

Kicking off his Clinton Global Initiative in New York, the former president said Americans should make it "politically unacceptable" for people to engage in climate change denial, according to Politico.

"I mean, it makes us -- we look like a joke, right?" Clinton said. "You can't win the nomination of one of the major parties in the country if you admit that scientists are right?"

Clinton's three-day conference -- held in New York at the same time as the United Nations' General Assembly -- comes a week after former Vice President Al Gore called out climate change deniers. Gore, at a climate event in New York, said that carbon polluters are the "biggest source of campaign contribution," which he said surely influences politicians.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-21-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Legend
    09-20-2011, 05:04 PM #2
    And we all know that President Clinton is SUCH a left winger. Right S&L? lol

"We look like a joke, right?" Former President Bill Clinton wasted no time at his annual philanthropic conference with an attack on GOP climate deniers.

At the Clinton Global Initiative’s annual NYC meeting, Politico reports that the former president said, "If you’re an American, the best thing you can do is to make it politically unacceptable for people to engage in denial ... I mean, it makes us – we look like a joke, right? You can’t win the nomination of one of the major parties in the country if you admit that the scientists are right?"

Clinton went on to say that the U.S. needs to debate more over strategies to cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.

"If you listen to Rush Limbaugh," Clinton said, and "he tells you that climate change is a hoax ... If you don't know better, if you haven't seen better," then you'll likely continue to deny the science. "You have to change the experience of people."
    Many GOP presidential candidates have questioned evolution and climate change, including Rick Perry, who told New Hampshire voters, "I think we're seeing almost weekly, or even daily, scientists that are coming forward and questioning the original idea that manmade global warming is what is causing the climate to change."

Not all GOP candidates disagree with scientists. During a Republican presidential debate in Simi Valley, Jon Huntsman said, "When you make comments that fly in the face of what 98 out of 100 climate scientists have said, when you call to question evolution, all I'm saying is that in order for the Republican Party to win, we can't run from science."

According to the Associated Press, Clinton also discussed at the conference which countries were most likely to suffer next from climate change, saying, "I think it's quite possible that the Maldives won't be here in 30 or 40 years."

Clinton's remarks come on the heels of Former Vice President Al Gore's climate change campaign, "24 Hours of Reality." In an interview with HuffPost's Tom Zeller, Gore said, "The greatest opportunity for change lies in the hearts of those who have rejected the science but who are right now asking themselves a question ... Have they been fooled by the oil companies and the coal companies? Have they been taken for a ride by the large polluters who have been putting out misinformation?"

Legend
    09-20-2011, 06:08 PM #3
    I hope you took a look S&L. Maybe it will make you "think". On second thought fuggetaboutit.

Guru
    09-20-2011, 09:00 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I hope you took a look S&L. Maybe it will make you "think". On second thought fuggetaboutit.
    Climate change is part of your religion. Own it. Demand that others conform to your beliefs; if not, try to ridicule them. Call them heretics if they don't conform to what YOU believe. There are many Americans who don't have this item in their 10 commandments. It's an issue, TO YOU and your ilk. It's part of your agenda.

You accept it only because your "party" tells you to. It endorses the belief. You know nothing different. You accept what your party tells you to think. Nice life.

Legend
    09-20-2011, 09:21 PM #5
    "climate change is part of your religion". Nope. Its called Science. You say you know something
    about science but yet you demonstrate ZERO interest in the science i have provided.

Too bad you cant understand that when 98% of Climate scientists say climate change is real and
    serious that you ought to be able to use common sense and see it for what it is. Sorry your biases are getting the best of you on this issue
    I dont think Clinton tells me what to think, but i do enjoy listening to him.

S&L, man whats got into you? That last post was a weirdly extreme diatribe. Continue on if it makes you feel superior to us lowly "party" followers. , but seriously you sound a bit unhinged.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-21-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Legend
    09-20-2011, 10:06 PM #6
    Maybe if he wont listen to a Democrat on this issue he might listen to
    James Woosley the former head of the CIA under Bush.
    Nah, i doubt it.

http://2greenenergy.com/woolsey-oil-addiction/3133/
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-21-2011 at 02:00 AM.