Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    09-20-2011, 11:34 AM #1

The conservation of energy

I can't find the article, but it was about austerity in Greece.

10% of the workforce is public sector, and they are raging mad. One opined that cutting them would reduce tax revenue generated for the government. I would argue how much.

It reminded me of a great childhood idea that I had. Why not put an electrical motor on the engine of a car, that way the car could generate electricity while driving; hence no gas would be needed. You could drive forever. It was a fine idea for a 7th grader, but I did learn about the conservation of energy later in my education.

Anyway, the point is that the private sector creates tax revenue for the public sector to consume. Public sector employment is necessary of course, but it is not self sufficient (I suppose that this is where tax the rich comes in lol). The conservation of energy applies.

And if you don't agree, that's fine. I've enjoyed telling you about my great childhood idea.

Legend
    09-20-2011, 11:36 AM #2
    Well. Go out there and try your idea. (im all for trying things) Lets see how it works.

Just dont ask the govt for any seed money.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-20-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Guru
    09-20-2011, 12:37 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Well. Go out there and try your idea. (im all for trying things) Lets see how it works.
    It's implausible. The law of the conservation of energy means that energy can neither be created or destroyed - in other words, you don't get something for nothing. The energy is the gas - period. If you transform it to electricity in your vehicle for use by your vehicle, you will get less mpg because there are always losses. So it is not only implausible, it goes in the wrong direction. Perfect for government seed money!

Here's a factoid worth interest. Only about 38% of the energy in coal is turned into electricity that the consumer can use.

Guru
    09-20-2011, 12:42 PM #4

Staying with analogy, in regards to the economy, the energy is the private sector. I know it is obvious, yet we many people (e.g. keynesians) all to occasionally selling you something else.

Legend
    09-20-2011, 12:42 PM #5
    I always knew your idea was implausible silly . Just baiting you to have you demonstrate just how bad your entreprenurai skills are. Have you ever started a business of your own? I mean you seem to say you know a lot about the subject.

Yes i know. A science major knows everything about economics. PETER SCHIFF anyone? lmfao
    Remember you were the one who was certain that no one can have knowledge outside of their
    very own specialty. Remember that bit S&L (you see i do read you).
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-20-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Guru
    09-20-2011, 01:04 PM #6
    I always knew your idea was implausible silly . Just baiting you to have you demonstrate just how bad your entreprenurai skills are. Have you ever started a business of your own? I mean you seem to say you know a lot about the subject.

Yes i know. A science major knows everything about economics. PETER SCHIFF anyone? lmfao
    Remember you were the one who was certain that no one can have knowledge outside of their
    very own specialty. Remember that bit S&L (you see i do read you).
    A science major WITH an MBA so I know a little about economics, finance, accounting, marketing, management, operations management..................

Now if I really believed that believed that "no one can have knowledge outside their very own speciality" would I have posted the 10 most respected climate change skeptics?? Don't think so. You are wrong.

Are ready to agree that Schiff called the housing bubble with UNRIVALED accuracy years in advance?? Would you like to see the most freakishly accurate prediction ever? Just listen to the first 1:15 minutes. If you want to hear Laffer make an ass of himself, keep listening. I know you've enjoyed that part in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

Legend
    09-20-2011, 01:11 PM #7
    I studied Economics, Accounting, Political Science, Environmental Science, Art History etc. in Univiersity. I studied Cinematography and Film in Graduate school You do remember your Cintematography comments, yes? I quesa all that learning qualiifies me as well. lol.

If you know so much about economics why do you champion Peter Schiff. Clearly he has been wrong so many damn times. If your doctor was only right 5% of the time I think you might change doctors.NO?

You will agree that Peter Schiff has made many WRONG predictions?
    I have answered you and said that he got his housing prediction right (though you know that correct? What i dont know is if he was predictiing that for 10 years prior), but i find it interesting that you wont answer my question EVEN ONCE. Hmmmm? Whats wrong with this picture.

You do know that Peter Schiff is one of those doomsday predictors right? Can you provide me withtimes he has predicted good things would happen? lol

I have said numerous times (i know you remember) that Peter Schiff predicts many things over and over again, year after year until he gets them right on occasion. For example he has been predicting hyperinflation in the U.S. for years. He has been wrong every time. MAYBE one year he will get that right and then S&L will appear here to post see, see, see he got it right. LMFAO.

P.S. You didnt answer my question. Have you ever started your own business?

though if you want to continue arguing Peter Schiff I will be more than happy to show the evidence yet once again of just how MANY economic predictions he has gotten wrong in the past.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 09-20-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Guru
    09-20-2011, 01:52 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    A science major WITH an MBA so I know a little about economics, finance, accounting, marketing, management, operations management..................

Now if I really believed that believed that "no one can have knowledge outside their very own speciality" would I have posted the 10 most respected climate change skeptics?? Don't think so. You are wrong.

Are ready to agree that Schiff called the housing bubble with UNRIVALED accuracy years in advance?? Would you like to see the most freakishly accurate prediction ever? Just listen to the first 1:15 minutes. If you want to hear Laffer make an ass of himself, keep listening. I know you've enjoyed that part in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw
    Still waiting for your comments on the first minute and 15 seconds. I'd like to hear if you agree that here in September of 2011 that the comments from 2006 and 2007 are not the most accurate prediction you've ever heard.

Guru
    09-20-2011, 01:53 PM #9
    I studied Economics, Accounting, Political Science, Environmental Science, Art History etc. in Univiersity. I studied Cinematography and Film in Graduate school You do remember your Cintematography comments, yes? I quesa all that learning qualiifies me as well. lol.

If you know so much about economics why do you champion Peter Schiff. Clearly he has been wrong so many damn times. If your doctor was only right 5% of the time I think you might change doctors.NO?

I have answered you and said that he got his housing prediction right (though you know that correct? What i dont know is if he was predictiing that for 10 years prior), but i find it interesting that you wont answer my question EVEN ONCE. Hmmmm? Whats wrong with this picture.

You do know that Peter Schiff is one of those doomsday predictors right? Can you provide me withtimes he has predicted good things would happen? lol

I have said numerous times (i know you remember) that Peter Schiff predicts many things over and over again, year after year until he gets them right on occasion. For example he has been predicting hyperinflation in the U.S. for years. He has been wrong every time. MAYBE one year he will get that right and then S&L will appear here to post see, see, see he got it right. LMFAO.

P.S. You didnt answer my question. Have you ever started your own business?

though if you want to continue arguing Peter Schiff I will be more than happy to show the evidence yet once again of just how MANY economic predictions he has gotten wrong in the past.
    Just to keep it straight.

Legend
    09-20-2011, 01:56 PM #10
    Defitnitely not the "most accurate prediction i HAVE EVER HEARD". Wow what a "crusader you are.

I have said numerous times (i know you remember) that Peter Schiff predicts many things over and over again, year after year until he gets them right on occasion. For example he has been predicting hyperinflation in the U.S. for years. He has been wrong every time. MAYBE one year he will get that right and then S&L will appear here to

Page 1 of 2 12