Page 1 of 2 12
    07-14-2008, 06:06 PM #1

C3SR continuing with interoperability issue.

http://siriusbuzz.com/c3sr-continuin...lity-issue.php

Re: http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...ent=6520034165

The channel set-aside or channel-lease proposals are insufficient, and they fail to cure the harms or create a competitive market for satellite radio service. Mandatory replacement of all subscriber receivers with interoperable receivers and full divestiture of an entire satellite system are wholly justified by the facts in the record of this proceeding.
    I wish Martin would come out with a press release stating "The issue of satellite radio, and competition was resolved by the Department of Justice." Or I wish the DOJ would speak up. I'm sure they love a bunch of NAB funded ass-clown law students questioning them and their staffs conclusion.

Now they don't even want a 25 percent lease, they want a 100% divestiture of not only the spectrum, but an entire constellation of satellites. But before you hand over the technology to someone else, make sure you reach into your pocket and make the radios compatible so that your new competitor has the opportunity to poach market share on your dime.

Does C3SR really think anyone takes such outlandish suggestions seriously? If they are so educated you would think that they would understand their relentless aggression and absurdly one sided suggestions hurt their credibility. Not to mention the constant flip flopping to grab hold to whoever they see might have a chance of getting an argument heard (Georgetown).

Banned
    07-14-2008, 06:41 PM #2
    As I posted on the yahoo board, there were 2 filings. The first was c3sr asking for the end of satellite and one from NPR, asking for anything thats left...

Enthusiast
    07-14-2008, 08:00 PM #3
    C3SR Just Nuked the damn Fridge, They Jumped the Shark

and also why was there letter blacked out, what is that even hidng

07-14-2008, 08:13 PM #4
    who knows, a lot of those filings have redacted text. obviously referencing some part of the deliberations which haven't been in the public eye. i really wonder what it is and if its even important or if blacking out text makes your paper look more official

Enthusiast
    07-14-2008, 08:19 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    who knows, a lot of those filings have redacted text. obviously referencing some part of the deliberations which haven't been in the public eye. i really wonder what it is and if its even important or if blacking out text makes your paper look more official
    For Example being the first section of where its talking about the infamous interoperable radios what are that 3 inchs to make that different from the regular Junk.

Also why if they are the CONSUMERS for Satellite Radio using blacked out text, if anything they don't know more then us, since C3SR were the ones asking for all the papers to be made public

07-14-2008, 08:43 PM #6
    Are they the ones who choose what is blacked out, or is that the FCC?

Enthusiast
    07-14-2008, 09:30 PM #7
    It would most likely be C3SR since they submit the paperwork to be turned in, while the original is left with the FCC

Enthusiast
    07-14-2008, 11:28 PM #8
    They are redacted at the request of Xm /Sirius. Double protective order.

07-15-2008, 07:29 AM #9
    Yeah thats what I figure, cause I don't remember C3SR ever filing for protection of information. But if its confidentional satellite information, then how would C3sr have access to it in the first place to include it in their exparte?

Banned
    07-15-2008, 08:05 AM #10
    Yeah thats what I figure, cause I don't remember C3SR ever filing for protection of information. But if its confidentional satellite information, then how would C3sr have access to it in the first place to include it in their exparte?
    It's as if they are being spoon fed information...

Page 1 of 2 12