Page 2 of 3 123
    Mentor
    09-29-2011, 09:17 PM #11

just for the hell of it . . .

went back and looked at the "end-of-quarter" period for last year (possible fund selling?) . . . nope, no correlation to volume spike seen today:

Sep 30, 2010 1.20 1.20 1.18 1.20 34,624,843
    Sep 29, 2010 1.17 1.19 1.17 1.18 25,833,539
    Sep 28, 2010 1.16 1.18 1.16 1.18 20,563,153
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-29-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Mentor
    09-29-2011, 09:22 PM #12

also . . .

from a trusted source . . . or as Spencer Osborne "oft" says "I have on good authority"

I am told that the Ford contract negotiations have been "settled" and are awaiting signatures . . . but I don't have Spencer's high-ranking insider contacts

so throw that issue out too
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-29-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Mentor
    09-29-2011, 09:52 PM #13
    and btw . . . . where-oh-where is Mr. Osborne today . . . in absentia? . . . . concocting a new novella for SA? . . . . busy answering emails from "concerned" (read: unsophisticated) investors . . . conducting anecdotal surveys . . . conferring with unamed sources of "good authority" . . . busy listening to Slacker? . . . filing a restraining order against Relmor?

notice how he ducks posting anything on these big volume days? he once disappeared during a 600mm share day and returned to work a few days later as if nothing ever happened, no comment, no analysis, nothing . . . 600mm shares traded and just another day in the life of Spencer Osborne (the artist formerly known as Tyler Savery)

probably at CVS stocking-up on Depends . . . bastard!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-29-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Enthusiast
    09-29-2011, 10:23 PM #14
    SRK... all I have to say is thanks... funny, funny stuff and needed on a day like today.

I posted over at cos's forum almost exactly your sentiments. My time horizon for sniffing out today's bs was up to a month however.. probably only a few days though.

what's with this "unsophisticated" slam... Spence's readers should all be "savvy" investors by now although I may need some salve to rub on my my sore ummm... so maybe I'm "concerned" and "salvey"

09-29-2011, 11:14 PM #15
    Perhaps Spence has been stunned silent.

I posted at the beginning of the month Sirius at $1.69 sucked. Trying to think of a word to describe Sirius stock now. No, probably not a good idea to type that.

Ya think by now we'd be used to this ride.

Not so much.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 09-29-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Mentor
    09-30-2011, 06:55 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    My time horizon for sniffing out today's bs was up to a month however.. probably only a few days though.
    Well, nothing revealed today . . . . and as to the cockamamie theories I've been reading:

Chrysler Engine Plant - PLEASE
    Ford Labor Strike - NO (contract settled)
    Blessing Appeal - GET REAL SPENCER!
    John Dobosz, a Forbes editor - LAUGHABLE

So, here we are but where the hell are we . . . still no better informed. You may be right otone, could take a little more time for whatever it is that's rotting in Denmark (no pun btw, cuz the govt there did just do a major-league bailout)** to be revealed.

But yesterday was no fluke, no way. Has all the markings of front-running a piece of bad news.

** re Rotten in Denmark:
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-lifeline.html
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-30-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Mentor
    09-30-2011, 07:07 PM #17
    and to the science fiction writers over at "SA" - a pay-per-click site that basically functions as a poor-man's version of thestreet.con - in case you guys are running low on new material, here are a few titles you have my consent to use:

STERN SUIT SETTLEMENT SINKS SHARES

or how 'bout

2.0 ROLLOUT POSTPONED

or this should be a good click generator

LIBERTY HEDGING PREFERRED SHARES

now this next one is always good cuz you suck in the vulnerable netflix crowd too, kinda like a clicks double-header if you will

NETFLIX TO BUY SIRI

so there ya go boys, knock those four out and ya almost covered your entire monthly car payment on that Chevy Cobalt

what a world otone . . . what a friggin world
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-30-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Mentor
    09-30-2011, 07:21 PM #18

Matt Harrigan

Hey Matty . . . if the churn rate hits 2.3% in any single reporting period during 2012 . . . I will kiss your ass in the parking lot adjoining Wunderlich's palatial Class B office space in Parsippany, New Jersey!

Talk about unsupported assumptions . . . Matty musta used the anal-extraction method for that gem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-30-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Mentor
    09-30-2011, 08:09 PM #19

file memo/new filings today

nothing new here . . . just posting it for purposes of future discussion

Aggregate Amount Beneficially Owned by Each Reporting Person: 2,586,976,761

Percent of Class Represented by Amount in Row (11): 40.15% (2)

Standstill Restrictions

Through March 6, 2012, without the prior written approval of the Independent Common Directors (defined in the Investment Agreement to mean any director who (i) is or would be an “independent director” with respect to the Issuer and with respect to Purchaser pursuant to NASDAQ Rule 4200(a)(15) and (ii) is not a director selected or designated to be a director by Purchaser pursuant to the Investment Agreement or the Certificate of Designations, whether or not such person is an independent director with respect to the Issuer pursuant to NASDAQ Rule 4200(a)(15)), none of Purchaser or any of its affiliates may, directly or indirectly, acquire, offer or propose to acquire or agree to acquire beneficial ownership of any shares of Common Stock if such acquisition will result in Purchaser and its affiliates having beneficial ownership of 49.9% or more of the outstanding shares of Common Stock, unless such acquisition or offer or agreement is made pursuant to a
    cash tender offer for all the outstanding shares of Common Stock that are not then beneficially owned by Purchaser or its affiliates at a price per share greater than the closing price of Common Stock on the trading day immediately prior to the earlier of the public announcement or commencement of such tender offer.

Except as provided in the preceding paragraph, until March 6, 2012, without the prior written approval of the Independent Common Directors, none of Purchaser or any of its affiliates may, directly or indirectly:

· enter into or agree, offer, propose or seek to enter into an acquisition transaction, merger or other business combination relating to the Issuer or any of its subsidiaries or an acquisition transaction for their assets;

· make, or participate in, a solicitation of proxies to vote or seek to advise or influence any person or entity with respect to the voting of, any voting securities of the Issuer or its subsidiaries, subject to certain exceptions;

· call or seek to call a meeting of shareholders of the Issuer or its subsidiaries or initiate a stockholder proposal with respect to any voting securities of the Issuer, or seek, propose or otherwise act alone or in concert with others to influence or control the management, board of directors or policies of the Issuer or its subsidiaries, subject to certain exceptions; or

· bring an action to contest the validity of the provisions described under “Standstill Restrictions” or seek a release of the restrictions described under “Standstill Restrictions”, or make a public request to amend or waive any provisions described under “Standstill Restrictions.”

Anti-takeover Protections

In connection with the execution of the Investment Agreement, the board of directors of the Issuer adopted certain resolutions (the “Section 203 Resolutions ”) approving the Liberty Parties (as defined in the Investment Agreement) and certain related persons as “interested stockholders” within the meaning of Section 203 of the Delaware General Corporation Law (“ Section 203 ”), thereby exempting such persons from the restrictions on business combinations set forth in Section 203.

In addition, the Investment Agreement prohibits the Issuer from (i) amending, modifying or rescinding the Section 203 Resolutions, (ii) adopting any rights plan or charter or bylaw provision that would materially adversely affect Purchaser’s ability to acquire or dispose of the Issuer’s equity securities to a Liberty Party (as defined in the Investment Agreement) or in block transactions (after March 6, 2012), or that otherwise would impose material economic burdens on Purchaser’s ability to do so.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...937/filing.pdf

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...937/filing.pdf
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-30-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Enthusiast
    10-01-2011, 09:14 AM #20
    You missed one: Why Sirius Just Got Cheaper by, I'm pretty sure one of Spence's favorites, Crunching Numbers:

"There are certainly some Spotify users that are unhappy about the Facebook privacy issues, and the Spotify tie to Facebook was not new news. However, the unsolicited endorsement of the service tied to the negative comments about Sirius and the positive comments about Pandora are as close as I could come to an explanation for the 10% Sirius price drop. I would have rather seen a more substantial explanation, but for now, I guess this video will have to do"

What was the volume again? All because of some Spotify/Facebook tie-in and Positive Pandora comments? "for now, I guess this video will have to do?" Really?

Yup, keep clicking on these bozos.

Bottome line according to CN:
    =
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    and to the science fiction writers over at "SA" - a pay-per-click site that basically functions as a poor-man's version of thestreet.con - in case you guys are running low on new material, here are a few titles you have my consent to use:

STERN SUIT SETTLEMENT SINKS SHARES

or how 'bout

2.0 ROLLOUT POSTPONED

or this should be a good click generator

LIBERTY HEDGING PREFERRED SHARES

now this next one is always good cuz you suck in the vulnerable netflix crowd too, kinda like a clicks double-header if you will

NETFLIX TO BUY SIRI

so there ya go boys, knock those four out and ya almost covered your entire monthly car payment on that Chevy Cobalt

what a world otone . . . what a friggin world

Page 2 of 3 123