Thread: Hartleib Question

Hybrid View

Question Hartleib Question

Hartleib: (Anyone else with answers feel free to comment.)

I know you've been involved as an investor in the industry for a long time, but I don't fully understand the entire background. Can you explain your position to me? I would prefer a couple of sentences, as opposed to a document pasted into the thread.

Do you believe that Sirius brought an interoperable receiver to market and simply never activated it? If so, what receiver is it that you think is interoperable?

Is your position that Sirius management hurt shareholders by overpaying in the merger exchange, because they could have taken XM's subscriber base if they simply used a interoperable radio?

I keep hearing about a previous lawsuit from shareholders that you had some involvement in (preventing?). What was that?

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Yes. And it was a sham class action that would have caused shareholders to lose all rights. Also it would have indemnified Sirius Executives for all wrong doing! If anyone would like to talk send me your number in a private message and I will be happy to call back!

Do you believe that Sirius brought an interoperable receiver to market and simply never activated it? If so, what receiver is it that you think is interoperable?
    All of them?

Enthusiast
    Most! One or the other but not both at the same time. Read Tylers take on this fourm he understands the Interoperable issue. Three types is the key.

1. "Dual Mode" Receiver - a receiver capable of receiving the signals of Sirius, XM, or both at the same time

2. "Switchable" Receiver - A receiver capable of receiving either Sirius or XM, but not both services at the same time.

3. "Gateway" Receiver - A receiver capable of one switch only. i.e. Sirius receiver that can convert to XM, but can never be switched back.

Oh so you think the majority of satellite radios on the market released by either XMSR or SIRIUS are "switchable". Do you think they can switch back and forth, or are they merely gateways?

Enthusiast
    XM Reaches Agreement With Senior Noteholders

Tyler this looks like a very expensive deal. Does this cause a change to the value of the deal. It looks like a material change.15%