Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    08-14-2011, 10:15 AM #1

White House rebukes GOP for inflexibility on taxes

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is sharply rebuking Republican presidential candidates for saying they would refuse to support a budget deal with even a 10-to-1 ratio of spending cuts to tax increases.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest says the position GOP candidates took in a debate in Iowa shows Republicans are not on the side of the public. He says their stand on taxes puts the Republicans on the side of millionaires and billionaires, not the middle class or college students.

All eight of the GOP presidential candidates said in the debate they would refuse to support a deal with tax increases, even if they were outweighed by spending cuts 10-to-1.

Earnest said Friday that the president didn't watch the debate, but likely read some of the media accounts.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-re...145413544.html

More demogoguery from the left.

Legend
    08-14-2011, 11:42 AM #2
    Exactly right. Their inflexibility is hurting the U.S. economy. More and more Republican economists are coming out and opposing
    the Republican's right wing and tea party's approach to the economy.

Guru
    08-14-2011, 11:46 AM #3
    But, he added, “We were not elected to raise taxes or take more money out of the pockets of hardworking families and business people.”

Amen!!! Someone needs to keep the liberal left in check otherwise we'd all be contributing our earned income to a collective pot for all to share equally from. That's considered "fair" by the materialistic left - happiness and satisfaction = money.

Legend
    08-14-2011, 12:26 PM #4
    I happen to notice you didnt comment on much of this article and the position of those Republicans like Mr. Feldstein .

President Obama lowered taxes on the middle class. That simply disproves your personal bias and blind spot on Liberal
    philosophy. George Bush's policies have ended up deeply hurting the middle class. Just a fact.

Ronald Reagan used the term about "fairness" and I've noticed that you have refused to address
    that simple fact.
    I wonder why? LOL.

Guru
    08-14-2011, 01:04 PM #5
    The Liberal typically chooses a career in a field that produces nothing of value. A Liberal will look for employment in field such as public education, an employee of local, county, state or federal government, an "activist," a lawyer, or a bureaucrat in a tax free foundation or an NGO devoted to advancing Liberal goals, etc. Then the Liberal will use government to extract wealth from others by force via the power to tax.

Legend
    08-14-2011, 01:26 PM #6
    Brain freeze here as well. Shit this is way more serious than ai thought. I think you need a quick infusion
    of hard work and less political discourse. Dont ignore your job. It can be very detrimental to your health.
    I have the funny feeling this site has become more important to you then your work and family. Lol.

Guru
    08-14-2011, 01:32 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Brain freeze here as well. Shit this is way more serious than ai thought. I think you need a quick infusion
    of hard work and less political discourse. Dont ignore your job. It can be very detrimental to your health.
    I have the funny feeling this site has become more important to you then your work and family. Lol.
    I made my older daugher an omlet with red peppers and asiago cheese. My wife is doing some of those iron on stickers creating silly faces on the kids tee shirts whilst watching wizard of waverly place. I'm sitting here on the coach wishing the rain would stop.

Legend
    08-14-2011, 01:38 PM #8
    "The Liberal typically chooses a career in a field that produces nothing of value. A Liberal will look for employment in field such as public education, an employee of local, county, state or federal government, an "activist," a lawyer, or a bureaucrat in a tax free foundation or an NGO devoted to advancing Liberal goals, etc. Then the Liberal will use government to extract wealth from others by force via the power to tax."

That is some funny shit. You doing drugs lately? LOL. You might think about comedy as a career.
    Lord knows you arent making enough money now. Slam bam thank you maam!
    I will be sure to inform all my liberal friends.
    Unfortuanately my grandfather is no longer alive. We would have had a good laugh together. Enjoy your Sunday.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-14-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Guru
    08-14-2011, 01:40 PM #9
    You're just reading it now? Dios mio. How does that omlet sound?

Legend
    08-14-2011, 01:41 PM #10
    Yeah i was too busy listening to Peter Schiff on Youtube. Laughing my ass off. Dont listen it might be way too painful to your
    fragile ego. Ouch.

Page 1 of 2 12