Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    08-12-2011, 04:22 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I asked if you were in FAVOR of raising the tax rate for the wealthy. You know IN FAVOR? or are you
    just going to say " i dont give a shit about taxing the rich" and then complain about people who are in favor of raising the tax rate the rich. lmfao

You are a real piece of work. It seems clear to me that raising taxes on the wealthy
    is somehting that you deep down oppose.
    Hence your criticism of progressive tax rate.

Let me quess? You are for the flat tax? Is that CORRECT?

To blame public policy for gutting the middle class is pure demagoguery. Listen to Nouriel
    Roubini talk about this. Obviously you are going to disagree with him but....

http://www.marketwatch.com/video/ass...F-DF2F3E2F8735
    I find it immoral to suggest that another pay more or less. It would be hypocritical of me to say that I want to pay less taxes then say I "favor" more taxes for someone else. I'll speak only for myself; as it should be. If the liberal "rich" want to contribute, they can. Hell, I'm half tempted to cut the government a check so I can say that I did and laugh at you and your tax accountant even more.

I leave the hypocracy for you.

Just because I note that the liberal / left mechanism is demogoguery doesn't mean you have to use the term as well.

Public policy IS gutting the middle class. $50000 a year over 10 years is $500,000. My net worth isn't that much, and won't be given that I'm raising two children.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 08-12-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Legend
    08-13-2011, 12:21 AM #12
    Roubini simply couldnt disagree more with your position on what is happening with the economy.
    I think his analysis sounds much more credible than yours. It seems to me he is looking at the
    facts on the ground rather than applying a preconceived point of view about how things work. Check it out. Quite interesting.

Roubini Warns of Global Recession Risk
    http://www.marketwatch.com/video/ass...F-DF2F3E2F8735

What was this thread about? Ah yes. Some facts that cant be disputed. Not something that S&L handles too well. lol

Poll: Majority Want Tax Increase for Wealthy and Deep Spending Cuts
    New CNN Poll: Majority want tax increase for wealthy and deep spending cuts

Washington (CNN) - Most Americans want a special congressional committee tasked with drafting a long-term solution to the nation's mounting federal deficits to include tax hikes for the wealthy and businesses and deep cuts in domestic spending, according to a new national survey.
    A CNN/ORC International Poll released Wednesday also indicates that the public doesn't want the super committee to propose major changes to Social Security and Medicare or increase taxes on middle class and lower-income Americans.
    Read full results (PDF).

Under the debt ceiling deal passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama last week, a panel of 12 legislators - six Democrats and six Republicans, equally divided between the House and Senate - will be created to try to work out $1.5 trillion in deficit reduction after an initial round of more than $900 billion in spending cuts.
    If the committee fails to reach agreement or Congress fails to pass whatever package it recommends, a trigger mechanism will enact further across-the-board cuts in government spending, including for the military.
    According to the poll, 63 percent say the super committee should call for increased taxes on higher-income Americans and businesses, with 36 percent disagreeing. And by a 57 to 40 percent margin they say the committee's deficit reduction proposal should include major cuts in domestic spending.
    But cuts in defense spending get a mixed review: Forty-seven percent would like the committee to include major cuts in mil
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-13-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Guru
    08-13-2011, 09:33 AM #13
    I find it immoral to suggest that another pay more or less.

It would be hypocritical of me to say that I want to pay less taxes then say I "favor" more taxes for someone else. I'll speak only for myself; as it should be.

Don't worry, taxes are going up, and they will go up on everyone, and you still won't be satisfied.

Legend
    08-14-2011, 10:40 PM #14
    The key to the nature of progressivism is the realization that the size and scope of government and the freedom of the individual do not stand in diametrical opposition, as conservatives and libertarians would have one believe. Instead, the progressive vision of government is simple: government is the entity most responsible for ensuring equality of opportunity. The children of the rich will always have a leg up on the children of the poor: they will often be sent to the best private schools. Their parents will be able to afford to send them to the best universities, regardless of a scholarship. When they graduate from college, they will have easier access to employment because of the connections that so often come hand-in-hand with money and prestige. The government can never mandate equality, but it can at least offer an opportunity for advancement. Our tax dollars fund public schools to ensure that everyone has a chance. Our tax dollars fund scholarships and grants to ever so slightly reduce the unfairness that makes one child unable to go to a good university while another with no better qualifications can go, owing to nothing but the fortunate circumstance of parentage. The same principle is at the core of a progressive mindset regarding the relationship between a government and its people. For instance, government can promote equality for women by creating regulations and laws that ensure equal pay for equal work, but it can do the same for the LGBT community by eliminating the regulations that discriminate against them. People should similarly be free to breathe clean air, and free to feel sure that their employers have taken adequate precaution to ensure that as employees, they will not get maimed at the workplace.

Page 2 of 2 12