Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    08-08-2011, 03:31 PM #1

Hillary Told You So

I'd like to hear the opinions of Atypical and Havakasha on this article. My wife was a Hillery supporter, but was inclined to go with McCain after her defeat. Like myself, she didn't vote for McCain because of Palin.

At a New York political event last week, Republican and Democratic office-holders were all bemoaning President Obama’s handling of the debt-ceiling crisis when someone said, “Hillary would have been a better president.”

“Every single person nodded, including the Republicans,” reported one observer.

At a luncheon in the members’ dining room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Saturday, a 64-year-old African-American from the Bronx was complaining about Obama’s ineffectiveness in dealing with the implacable hostility of congressional Republicans when an 80-year-old lawyer chimed in about the president’s unwillingness to stand up to his opponents. “I want to see blood on the floor,” she said grimly.

A 61-year-old white woman at the table nodded. “He never understood about the ‘vast right-wing conspiracy,’” she said.

Looking as if she were about to cry, an 83-year-old Obama supporter shook her head. “I’m so disappointed in him,” she said. “It’s true: Hillary is tougher.”

During the last few days, the whispers have swelled to an angry chorus of frustration about Obama’s perceived weaknesses. Many Democrats are furious and heartbroken at how ineffectual he seemed in dealing with Republican opponents over the debt ceiling, and liberals are particularly incensed by what they see as his capitulation to conservatives on fundamental liberal principles.

In Connecticut, a businessman who raised money for Obama in 2008 said, “I’m beyond disgusted.” In New Jersey, a teacher reported that even her friends in the Obama administration are grievously disillusioned with his lack of leadership—and many have begun to whisper about a Democratic challenge for the 2012 presidential nomination. “I think people are furtively hoping that Hillary runs,” she said.

Read it all here: http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-told-005800491.html

Legend
    08-09-2011, 01:19 AM #2
    Its impossible to know how Hillary would have been as President. All speculation.
    What i do know is that she made many mistakes in running her campaign.

Guru
    08-09-2011, 10:31 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Its impossible to know how Hillary would have been as President. All speculation.
    What i do know is that she made many mistakes in running her campaign.
    Interesting. How do you feel about her performance as your senator?

What mistakes did she make?

Legend
    08-09-2011, 11:06 AM #4
    I happen to like Hillary but the fact is she ran a very bad campaign that brought into question her ability to choose quality people (remember all the problems that went on with Mark Penn? And the need to fire her long time campaign manager?) and her general leadership skills. I dont have time to educate you about the whole of the campaign. Maybe you should spend a little time on Google. I will give you another little hint about a problem that developed for her----Bosnia.
    Do you remember?
    Did you actually follow the campaign between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?
    You like to shoot from the hip but usually play catch up with your knowledge.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-09-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Guru
    08-09-2011, 11:36 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I happen to like Hillary but the fact is she ran a very bad campaign that brought into question her ability to choose quality people (remember all the problems that went on with Mark Penn? And the need to fire her long time campaign manager?) and her general leadership skills. I dont have time to educate you about the whole of the campaign. Maybe you should spend a little time on Google. I will give you another little hint about a problem that developed for her----Bosnia.
    Do you remember?
    Did you actually follow the campaign between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?
    You like to shoot from the hip but usually play catch up withs?your knowledge.
    No, I didn't follow her campaign. I didn't much of any campaign. Politics is for partisan's like yourself.

Why do you try to make an stupid generalization in saying, "You like to shoot from the hip but usually play catch up with your knowledge." That is a stupid claim, but considering the source.......................

The inquiry has no motive other than to understand the dynamics of Hillary vs. Obama from someone who (I think) does, and you have to go and be an ass. So Typical. You don't "have time to educate me" on the whole campaign, but I bet you have plenty of time to argue your rigid left position, call people names, trade barbs and attempt to insult anyone who holds a contrary position than you? You are SOOOO special.

Legend
    08-09-2011, 12:14 PM #6
    "politics is for partisan's like you". Lol

What is it that you REALLY want to know about the Clinton/Obama campaign?
    I think i gave you enough to work with. No?

One doesnt have to be a partisan to read the news.
    Lets bring in a neutral observer to determine whether YOU are a partisan. I think the
    evidence is quite overwhelming.

I need an eye rolling character for your repeated attempts to say
    I'm rigid. Please tell me how my support of the Obama/Boehner "grand plan" was a rigid
    partisan position. lol
    How about we move on to more serious stuff that YOU said you wanted to discuss.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 08-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Guru
    08-09-2011, 02:43 PM #7
    Here, read about yourself right here.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideologue

I thought this was an interesting article. Some in YOUR party appear to be turning its back on the President. It's definitely discussion worthy. Will someone run against him?

Legend
    08-09-2011, 02:58 PM #8
    At this point in time i would think he wont have a serious challenger but who knows.

You are late to the party. Huffingtonpost (as i have been telling you for a couple of years) and other progressive
    groups have been very critical of Obama from the beginning. Nothing new just maybe some heightened frustration
    (which i share)with how he handled bargaining with the Republicans over the debt crisis

Guru
    08-10-2011, 02:40 PM #9
    Is Obama Smart?
    A case study in stupid is as stupid does.

The aircraft was large, modern and considered among the world's safest. But that night it was flying straight into a huge thunderstorm. Turbulence was extreme, and airspeed indicators may not have been functioning properly. Worse, the pilots were incompetent. As the plane threatened to stall they panicked by pointing the nose up, losing speed when they ought to have done the opposite. It was all over in minutes.

Was this the fate of Flight 447, the Air France jet that plunged mysteriously into the Atlantic a couple of years ago? Could be. What I'm talking about here is the Obama presidency.

When it comes to piloting, Barack Obama seems to think he's the political equivalent of Charles Lindbergh, Chuck Yeager and—in a "Fly Me to the Moon" sort of way—Nat King Cole rolled into one. "I think I'm a better speech writer than my speech writers," he reportedly told an aide in 2008. "I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I'll tell you right now that I'm . . . a better political director than my political director."

The Wall Street Journal Europe editorial page editor Brian Carney on the sovereign debt crisis and the stock market plunge.
    .On another occasion—at the 2004 Democratic convention—Mr. Obama explained to a Chicago Tribune reporter that "I'm LeBron, baby. I can play at this level. I got game."

Of course, it's tempting to be immodest when your admirers are so immodest about you. How many times have we heard it said that Mr. Obama is the smartest president ever? Even when he's criticized, his failures are usually chalked up to his supposed brilliance. Liberals say he's too cerebral for the Beltway rough-and-tumble; conservatives often seem to think his blunders, foreign and domestic, are all part of a cunning scheme to turn the U.S. into a combination of Finland, Cuba and Saudi Arabia.

I don't buy it. I just think the president isn't very bright.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...704234052.html

Wow, at this rate he may very well have a serious challenger!!!

Guru
    08-12-2011, 11:22 AM #10
    Bump to repace Lloyd's garbage posts

Page 1 of 2 12