Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    07-28-2011, 06:29 PM #1

Whats Boehner Promising Tea Party Members

03:15 PM PDT
    What's John Boehner promising to the teabaggers?
    byJed Lewison
    Here's a question: wouldn't you love to know what John Boehner is promising teabaggers behind closed doors as he scrambles to find those final few votes he needs to get his debt ceiling plan passed?

Legend
    07-28-2011, 07:13 PM #2
    More proof S&L that it is the Tea Party that has been holding up a compromise. I dont understand for the life of me why you cant seem to acknowledge that. NO one is talking about the left holding up a compromise. Republicans control the House.
    Where do you get some of the crap you believe in?

Guru
    07-28-2011, 09:02 PM #3
    We'll see if the democratically controlled senate will hold up a compromise. The house passed the bill.

The left has indeed held up compromise. Tax increases were compulsory for them. How many times did I hear Reid echo the words "non starter". Don't be a partisan ass. Both sides have an agenda. If you cannot recognize that then you are an extremist.

"Where do you get some of the crap you believe in?" I think you got me mixed up with you. I believe in lower taxes for all. The majority of American's would love lower taxes. The extreme think higher taxes are good for America. Those are the same hypocrites who hire tax accountants to protect their money from taxation. Do you remember the examples I showed you? John Kerry's boat?? Ring a bell? You? Ring a bell. So where are you hiding your inheritance these days? Tax exempt bonds? Off shore accounts? Trusts?

Legend
    07-28-2011, 09:05 PM #4
    The House passed NOTHING. Where did you hear the Boehner bill was passed? Just because you repeat
    it doesnt make it true. You have a habit of doing this in other areas as well.
    This is a PERFECT example of how in your desperation to prove yourself correct you
    argue your position based on falsehoods. Take a breath.

Wrong once again about who blocked the Obama/boehner "grand plan" The only people stopping this
    plan were the tea partiers. i will post the article again so you can read it.

You are for lower taxes? We are all for your lower taxes in general.. No one LIKES to pay taxes. You dont
    own the victomhood of tax paying. The problem is figuring out how rates, loopholes and tax
    deductions are combined. It has to be figured in together. Not as simple as you want it to be.
    You are hardly a master economist, nor is peter schiff.
    You do realize however that under Bush lower taxes helped to lead us into recession and not to growth.
    At the very least you should be able to acknowledge that lower taxes were
    not the panacea that you people always say they are. Just the facts.

Your seeming obsession about accountants and my money is starting to put you into the creepy category.
    You really need to get back to a real discussion of the issues.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-29-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Legend
    07-28-2011, 09:42 PM #5
    Read and learn something S&L You seem to invent facts and history with equal aplomb.

"Despite his image as a button-down Republican, House Speaker John Boehner walked to the brink of a dramatic and historic agreement to change the government’s spending habits.

But as he twice approached a $4 trillion deficit-reduction deal with President Obama that would have rocked both parties’ bases, Boehner was reeled back in by his caucus’ conservative wing.

The muscular, tea party-fueled group not only forced him to abandon a “grand bargain” with Obama, it made him scramble Wednesday to secure the votes for a far more modest deficit-ceiling plan, which in turn is all but doomed in the Senate.

The events highlight the limits of power for an experienced and well-liked politician who has struggled to budge his caucus’ staunchest conservatives despite constantly reminding them that their party doesn’t control the Senate or White House.

“The problem with leadership is it has to be conjoined with follower-ship,” Duke University political scientist David Rohde said. “Boehner is not in a position to give orders to his members.”

A grand bargain might have passed, with scores of Democratic votes replacing GOP dissenters, Rohde said. But it also could have put Boehner’s speakership in jeopardy."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-28-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Legend
    07-28-2011, 10:13 PM #6
    "Let's not lose sight of that simple, but obvious, point. Boehner is in the process of twisting arms out of their sockets in a way that every MMA champ would envy. All to pass a bill that will piss off the constituents in half of the GOP's districts for being batshit crazy, and piss off the other half for not being batshit crazy enough.
    And the bill has absolutely zero chance of becoming law. None. It will be D.O.A. in the Senate before the courier can make his/her way back to the House.
    So, Boehner is putting his Speakership on the line, and putting the electoral fortunes of scores of his caucus on the line. For nothing.
    Remind me again why anyone thinks this guy has anything less than abysmal political instincts?"

Legend
    07-28-2011, 11:32 PM #7
    28 Jul 2011 08:56 PM
    The Nihilism Of The GOP

Joe Klein tells the truth:

And so, here we are. Our nation’s economy and international reputation as the world’s presiding grownup has already been badly damaged. It is a self-inflicted wound of monumental stupidity. I am usually willing to acknowledge that Democrats can be as silly, and hidebound, as Republicans–but not this time. There is zero equivalence here. The vast majority of Democrats have been more than reasonable, more than willing to accept cuts in some of their most valued programs. Given the chance, there was the likelihood that they would have surrendered their most powerful weapon in next year’s election–a Mediscare campaign–by agreeing to some necessary long-term reforms in that program. The President, remarkably, proposed raising the age of eligibility for Medicare to 67.

The Republicans have been willing to concede nothing. Their stand means higher interest rates, fewer jobs created and more destroyed, a general weakening of this country’s standing in the world.

Legend
    07-29-2011, 12:02 AM #8
    Still trying to figure out if S&L was in favor of the "grand plan" between Obama and Boehner or if was with the fringe tea party members who helped to kill it?

"Despite his image as a button-down Republican, House Speaker John Boehner walked to the brink of a dramatic and historic agreement to change the government's spending habits.

But as he twice approached a $4 trillion deficit-reduction deal with President Barack Obama that would have rocked both parties' bases, Boehner was reeled back in by his caucus' conservative wing. The muscular, Tea Party-fueled group not only forced him to abandon a "grand bargain" with Obama, it made him scramble Wednesday to secure the votes for a far more modest deficit-ceiling plan, which in turn is all but doomed in the Senate.

The events highlight the limits of power for an experienced and well-liked politician who has struggled to budge his caucus' staunchest conservatives despite constantly reminding them that their party doesn't control the Senate or White House."

Guru
    07-29-2011, 10:10 AM #9
    Any plan is fine as long as it doesn't include taxes.

Legend
    07-29-2011, 10:42 AM #10
    So now we finally know. Just like i thought. He sides with the extreme right wing of the Republican Party. Im shocked. LMFAO.

"Despite his image as a button-down Republican, House Speaker John Boehner walked to the brink of a dramatic and historic agreement to change the government's spending habits.

But as he twice approached a $4 trillion deficit-reduction deal with President Barack Obama that would have rocked both parties' bases, Boehner was reeled back in by his caucus' conservative wing. The muscular, Tea Party-fueled group not only forced him to abandon a "grand bargain" with Obama, it made him scramble Wednesday to secure the votes for a far more modest deficit-ceiling plan, which in turn is all but doomed in the Senate."

The events highlight the limits of power for an experienced and well-liked politician who has struggled to budge his caucus' staunchest conservatives despite constantly reminding them that their party doesn't control the Senate or White House.

Page 1 of 2 12