Page 3 of 5 12345
    Legend
    07-28-2011, 09:17 PM #21
    You have been saying for several hours that the House passed the Boehner bill and you think i am in fantasy land? Unbelieveable.

Where do you actually get your news? You are really starting to worry me.

Here is just ONE poll (there are many). Of course you will probably deny its factualness because you
    seem to get your news from some alternate reality.

"Most Americans would like to see a mix of spending cuts and tax increases be part of a deal to raise the debt ceiling, a new poll finds, aligning the majority with President Barack Obama’s position.

Of those surveyed for a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Tuesday, 56 percent said they want to see a mix of approaches used in an agreement to raise the debt ceiling. The poll was conducted overnight Monday, as Obama and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) voiced their views on the impasse in negotiations in back-to-back televised primetime speeches.

“It does seem to be that the popular narrative is falling on the side of the president on this one,” Ipsos pollster Julia Clark said.

Just 19 percent of Americans said they favor a plan like Boehner’s, which would rely solely on spending cuts to existing programs to reduce the deficit. Twelve percent said they would prefer a plan to reduce the deficit only by raising taxes.

Americans’ blame for the impasse is spread all around, though is particularly strong against congressional Republicans, with 31 percent of those surveyed saying they are responsible for it. Twenty-one percent blamed Obama and nine percent blamed congressional Democrats.

Eighty-three percent of those surveyed said they were concerned about the failure of the negotiations thus far, including 54 percent who said they were very concerned.

The poll surveyed 600 people, including 512 registered voters, on Monday night. The error margin is plus or minus four percent."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-28-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Legend
    07-29-2011, 11:44 AM #22
    S&L opposed this plan even though he claims to be for cutting the deficit.
    He also tried to claim Obama wasnt for cutting the deficits.

"Despite his image as a button-down Republican, House Speaker John Boehner walked to the brink of a dramatic and historic agreement to change the government's spending habits.

But as he twice approached a $4 trillion deficit-reduction deal with President Barack Obama that would have rocked both parties'
    This was the bill that S&L opposed even though he claims that deficits are t
    " Boehner was reeled back in by his caucus' conservative wing. The muscular, Tea Party-fueled group not only forced him to abandon a "grand bargain" with Obama, it made him scramble Wednesday to secure the votes for a far more modest deficit-ceiling plan, which in turn is all but doomed in the Senate.

The events highlight the limits of power for an experienced and well-liked politician who has struggled to budge his caucus' staunchest conservatives despite constantly reminding them that their party doesn't control the Senate or White House."

Legend
    07-29-2011, 12:35 PM #23
    I would love to hear S&L address this llittle article on what happened to the "grand plan".

Guru
    07-29-2011, 01:05 PM #24
    Clinton spent $547 Million per day.

Bush spent $1.6 Billion per day.

Obama has spent $4.1 Billion per day.

So, does this little fact convince you that spending is in control?

Legend
    07-29-2011, 02:54 PM #25
    S&L opposed this plan even though he claims to be for cutting the deficit.
    He also tried to claim Obama wasnt for cutting the deficits.
    I was kind of hoping to get an answer as to why S&L opposed this plan and instead wants the Boehner plan which cuts much less?
    Whats remarkable to me is that someone who claims to be somewhat moderate always ends up taking
    the extreme position. Could it be S&L is John in disguise???

"Despite his image as a button-down Republican, House Speaker John Boehner walked to the brink of a dramatic and historic agreement to change the government's spending habits.

But as he twice approached a $4 trillion deficit-reduction deal with President Barack Obama that would have rocked both parties'
    This was the bill that S&L opposed even though he claims that deficits are t
    " Boehner was reeled back in by his caucus' conservative wing. The muscular, Tea Party-fueled group not only forced him to abandon a "grand bargain" with Obama, it made him scramble Wednesday to secure the votes for a far more modest deficit-ceiling plan, which in turn is all but doomed in the Senate.

The events highlight the limits of power for an experienced and well-liked politician who has struggled to budge his caucus' staunchest conservatives despite constantly reminding them that their party doesn't control the Senate or White House."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 07-29-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Guru
    07-29-2011, 03:03 PM #26
    Both the Tea Partiers and Liberals don't like Boehner's plan... You find yourself in good company LOL.

I'm going to have to take a break here loser boy. You should appreciate it.

My kid is puking, and I'm cleaning it up. But in between, please consider this fact before I hear more Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa from you.

Clinton spent $547 Million per day.

Bush spent $1.6 Billion per day.

Obama has spent $4.1 Billion per day.

So, does this little fact convince you that spending is in control?

Legend
    07-29-2011, 03:10 PM #27
    Tea Partiers are moving to support Boehners new plan. Seems like its going to pass.

Which plan do you support? Boehners? Reid's. Or what about the "grand plan" that almost
    was agreed to but Tea Partiers jettisoned?

I would have agreed to the "grand plan" even though i obviously dont like all its provisions.

Guru
    07-29-2011, 03:13 PM #28
    Yeah, me too although I obviously don't like all the provisions either.

Legend
    07-29-2011, 03:16 PM #29
    Good. I didnt think you wanted the Grand plan because it raised some revenues. Confused.

I thought earlier you were against ANYTHING that raised taxes?

Glad to see we are on the same page.
    So you must be have been pissed that the tea party scuttled this plan and forced Boehner to retreat?

Do you support the balanced budget amendment in Boehners revised bill?
    Do you a balanced budget amendment in general?

Guru
    07-29-2011, 03:20 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Good. I didnt think you wanted the Grand plan because it raised some revenues. Confused.

I thought earlier you were against ANYTHING that raised taxes?

Glad to see we are on the same page.
    So you must be have been pissed that the tea party scuttled this plan and forced Boehner to retreat?

Do you support the balanced budget amendment in Boehners revised bill?
    Do you a balanced budget amendment in general?
    I don't care Lloyd. If you haven't caught on, I simply say the polar opposite of you or post some Fox News clips. It's amusing to watch you go over the edge, but there is truth in my desire to pay less than the $51,000 in compulsory taxes in a year. It's too much, and there a millions of people in my situation. It's gutting the middle class and hurts the economy.