Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    04-27-2011, 08:05 PM #1

KKR BAC COF $M INTC TRN discussion thread

KKR is a company that buys other companies and takes them private. I got in at $17.50 a few weeks ago but I need info, jumped in on a whim and low PE, I don't have time to read so Im looking for help.

BAC I don't own, but I have a Bank of America credit card and can't imagine they are a $12 stock or whatever, looks like a chance at a ride up.

COF has a PEG of .745 and a PE of 7.1 according to their page on td ameritrade, of course its on a 52 week run right now so thats changed

$M has strong buy on all the reports and the economy is coming back, I love Macy's Brand over Sears and JC Penny any day.

TRN, I recommended this over a year ago at $10, I currently own it at $37, bought in at $24 after selling at $17ish.

INTC, I can't believe I got in at $21 on in my opinion the most amazing company to own stock in and its PE is at 10. They own the world.
    Please comment on the above or discuss any stock you might want to hear, I'd love ideas. thanks!

Guru
    04-30-2011, 10:25 AM #2
    Added a 1/2 position in BKE after I sold off COF, COF was losing steam, probably hang on the sidelines for a week and watch.

Still heavy in INTC, they have a dividend this week and the rebalance on the S&P is monday where they go up some % and APPL drops a %. CSCO and MSFT both go up a % on the rebalance also.

KKR has earnings release on the 4th I think, this week.

If Macy's M goes down any more I buying, im up, but buying under $24.

Guru
    04-30-2011, 04:44 PM #3
    Crap, I forgot to mention my favorite stock, HAIN. the Hain celestrial group. they stock all the shelves of the health food, organic sections of Kroger, Meijer, Walmart etc.

Im watching HAIN right now but can't wait to get back in, its a long term personal investment for their amazing allergy free natural foods.

Mentor
    05-25-2011, 05:28 AM #4
    I can maybe peek at them later... but I'm not too big on fundamentals if that's what you are looking for....

Guru
    05-28-2011, 09:14 AM #5

Thumbs up Update 5-28-11

Hi Dr. Dave!

Any analysis would be great

Here's my latest. I noticed bad technicals in BKE and even noticed a high short interest, but it wasn't until after I lost 13% in one day after earnings that I started to look at filings and a while back alot of insiders sold shares, shame on me! But im an old spng head so I love short coverings! oh well.

Right now I've been in and out of the above stocks. I'm long on COF and not touching it. with 7 pe and .7 peg im just going to wait this one out.

Im very heavy on INTC. I sold at $23.30 with a $21 avg. I'm back in at $22.52 though I KNEW I should wait for a $22 test. Looking to add more but watching for a test of $22, then watching for a fail to $20.59. A rebound would be a spike over $23.25 close. INTC has a computex conference in Taiwan on tuesday and they are expected to announce 10 new tablets with intel inside.

I'm long on M macy's at $28 after having sold at $25 with a low $20 avg.

I'm also long TRN, sold at $32 with a $28 avg and back in at $33. Looking for spikes up to $37.

Other technicals I just found Dave are MSI and ALTR. seems like a possible consistent chart with a break out soon.

I'm looking to go long on some of these soon but selling on 5-10% spikes has been working and getting out on 8% losses.

Have a great LONG weekend everybody!!

05-28-2011, 09:28 AM #6
    Forgive my ignorance Romo. Been looking at your avitar and can not figure out what it is.

Really, really good to see you back here posting.

Hope you have a great weekend. Supposed to be 82 and sunny tomorrow, but I may have just been dreaming that forecast.

Julie

Guru
    05-30-2011, 02:35 PM #7
    Hi Julie, its the 6 lombardy trophies the steelers have for their league leading 6 super bowl wins. =)

Its been a great weekend, great food and family time! Though a bit unnerving with the sirens and tornado watches around the areas.

05-30-2011, 09:22 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Hi Julie, its the 6 lombardy trophies the steelers have for their league leading 6 super bowl wins. =)

Its been a great weekend, great food and family time! Though a bit unnerving with the sirens and tornado watches around the areas.
    Thanks Romo. Thought it was Star Wars armor. lol
    I was Downriver for the weekend and came home to NO power. Must have hit harder here. Of course a strong breeze puts this area out. No lie. I lose it several times a year. (Power that is. lol) Area built up faster than power capable of servicing. So anytime everyone starts up their air etc, BLACKOUT. A few summers ago I lost power for 3 days. In the 90's, that was pleasant. I went to a church to take a shower. They were holding baptisms so I got in line. lol (really did use their showers) I take electric for granted until it goes out. No lights, water, phone, toliet, shower and internet. Can't call Consumers to report the outage cause my cell phone that doesn't work inside my house. Have to try and stand a certain way next to the door or window to try and catch a signal, then the call drops out. Next step stand in my driveway. And if that doesn't work I have had to back my car down the driveway to make a call.

Life in the country. I love it.

Julie

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-31-2011, 02:03 PM #9
    YAY Julie, now you can be my country girl!!!!

05-31-2011, 10:18 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    YAY Julie, now you can be my country girl!!!!
    Sorry Andy, Can't make out what you said. Lettering is too small eh.

A country girl I ain't.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 05-31-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12