Page 2 of 2 12
    01-17-2012, 03:22 PM #11
    Hey all. first post. Having trouble listening online....on 2 windows computers I will log in as normal but after about 5 minutes (sometimes more or less) the sound cuts out.....sometimes it comes back in a minute but usually doesnt ever come back until i change the channel. This only happens on windows computers, tried on a mac and it worked great. Tried firefox, chrome, updating flash player....same results. tech support was negative help. anyone have any ideas?

Head Honcho
    01-17-2012, 05:08 PM #12
    The only thing I can think of network latency. Have you tried running the player through a different network connection? I have drop outs even now and then online but, it is always when my internet connection is spotty, otherwise it works fine in all browsers (although, I prefer Chrome).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-18-2012, 02:09 PM #13
    Yeah tried 2 different connections. One of them being a company internet connection. Still same stuff...the sound doesnt just cut out....it goes away forever until i change the channel. This is insanity! Never did this before and I have had sirius for 2+ years

Head Honcho
    01-18-2012, 08:11 PM #14
    When you say 2 different connections, were they at 2 different locations? Or are you accessing a VPN from the same location?

I don't know what it is but, there is something specific about your computer that is causing this issue. Maybe something like an AV program interupting the connection? Some other program that runs periodically?

You have tried other connections but, have you tried other computers? All I can tell you is that I listen for 4-8 hours per day and this rarely happens to me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-30-2012, 06:13 PM #15
    I am thinking of subscribing to the online feature, but right it is not looking to good. As I am experiencing very similar problems in that after 5 or so minutes the stream just appears to stop. I have tried to restart the programming but it does not seem to respond. I have iMac machines and used both safari and firefox browsers, both however seem to have the same issues.

Head Honcho
    01-30-2012, 06:35 PM #16
    Very strange. If it's not your connection it has to be some conflict with a program running in the background. I only say this because I stay connected all day with no issues.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-20-2012, 08:47 PM #17
    If I use Google Chrome to listen to Internet Radio the stations will play for about 15 seconds then cut out then restart. It's continuous and annoying. So I switched to Safari and the Internet Player works fine. Not sure what the difference is but I found this to be the case at 2 different locations and 2 different internet connections. Both locations running on new iMacs.

Head Honcho
    11-20-2012, 09:34 PM #18
    Its probably a Chrome on iOS issue or a missing plugin issue because I can run the web player on Chrome running Windows 7 and it works fine (although I haven't tested that in the last week or so (I've been running the app on my iPad exclusively)).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 2 12