07-09-2011, 02:09 PM #1

Prog Rock?

I have Sirius free for a year in my new car. I'm wondering if there is a prog rock channel? I'm thinking Rush, Yes, King Crimson, old Genesis, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, etc.

Head Honcho
    07-10-2011, 04:48 PM #2
    Channels 27 and 38 are probably your best bet. Bands like Yes and King Crimson get played on 27 and Rush on 38. Both are classic rock stations. Hope this helps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-18-2011, 04:07 PM #3

Feedback

Also, use the Feedback on Sirius's website to request an all Progressive Rock Channel. I did that and they have forwarded my request to their programming department.

03-25-2016, 02:05 PM #4
    I wish there was ProgRock too, I'll be posting to Feedback as well.

05-24-2016, 04:16 PM #5

But those stations omit anything new...

True, the stations you mention do play a decent selection of older progressive rock, but they sadly omit all of the newer progressive and prog crossover brands like Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, Dream Theater, Muse, Riverside, Opeth, Tool, Mars Volta, Steven Wilson, Coheed and Cambria, Radiohead, Transatlantic, King's X, The Aristocrats, The Pineapple Thief...etc. Not to mention, you never hear tracks from the newer releases by the classic prog artists on those channels: Rush (Clockwork Angels), Jeff Beck (Loud Hailer), Davis Bowie (Black Star), Kansas (Somewhere to Elsewhere), ELO (Alone in the Universe), to name a few.

08-29-2016, 08:51 AM #6
    I would like to concur with the entirety of the posts here. There needs to be a dedicated channel for nothing but 60s, 70s, & 80s ProgRock. In addition to the bands already mentioned (Rush, old Genesis, King Crimson, etc.) I'd like to see ELP, Camel, UK etc. DeepTracks occasionally plays these sorts, but spreads itself too thin. With all the ProgRock people out there, it would be great to have a regular destination for this genre - and who knows, maybe we recruit younger listeners...