07-08-2011, 09:53 PM #1

Starmate 2 just died!

So after 5 years my Starmate 2 has finally kicked the bucket. I was wonding, if I get a Starmate 5 would I need to have it reinstalled or could I still use the cords from the Starmate 2?

The Starmate 2 was running fine up until today when I got a notice saying that my channels were being updated, then my screen just got stuck on channel 184 and it told me to "Call to subscribe".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Head Honcho
    07-11-2011, 01:50 AM #2
    It doesnt sound like your starmate 2 is dead... maybe it is just in a bad state. I would try power cycling it a couple of times and calling customer service to make sure your account wasn't turned off for some reason.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-11-2011, 06:34 AM #3
    Charles,

Thanks for your help. I've contacted customer service who indicated that they are reading no problems. I've tried reseting the unit to the factory defaults all with no luck. If I have to get a star mate 5 do you know if the design of the unit is the same as the star mate 2?

Head Honcho
    07-11-2011, 11:40 AM #4
    I dont know for a fact that it is the same but an educated guess would be that it is. Typically, the antenna inputs are the same and power cable plugs are voltage dependent so, if they take the same power input, the plug should be the same size. Again, this is just an educated guess.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder