06-18-2011, 04:37 AM #1

Problem with Sirius in car...need help

Hi, I've been trying to see if anyone else has a had a similar issue to what mine is. Here it goes...

I have a Sirius Visor in my car, up until maybe 6-7 months ago the radio receiver has worked fine for me, I've had it now for 4 years. Now it only works sometimes, I'll start my ignition in my car, if the radio isn't working it'll just scroll the letters S-I-R-I-U-S along the LCD Marquee display....I originally thought it may have been the antenna, because it's on the exterior of the car near the back window, so I used the home kit antenna as a supplement to see if that solved the problem, but it did the same thing. I have no idea what to do, called Customer Support and ofcourse they say "radio may be busted yada yada" so basically they tried to sell me another radio, but the radio isn't busted it just only works sometimes now. If anyone has had a similar problem with the Sirius Visor. Please reply and help with some good advice. Thanks.

Tom

Head Honcho
    06-20-2011, 02:26 PM #2
    If the radio always has power but is intermittently working... it probably is dying a slow death.

What happens when you power cycle the unit? Does that make it work?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-23-2011, 09:34 PM #3
    When I power cycle is does nothing, just same thing. Maybe it is dying, I don't know.